Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 30 Nov '07 20:11
    I just played Nigel Short on blitz chess?? Clamed to be the real guy with a 2500+ Rating?
  2. 30 Nov '07 20:12
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcfarland
    I just played Nigel Short on blitz chess?? Clamed to be the real guy with a 2500+ Rating?
    Did you win?
  3. 30 Nov '07 20:13
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcfarland
    I just played Nigel Short on blitz chess?? Clamed to be the real guy with a 2500+ Rating?
    It could be. I know he plays on Playchess with the handle of Nigel Short. If you played that handle, then you played him. I'm not sure if he plays on other chess sites.
  4. 30 Nov '07 20:14
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Did you win?
    Ha ha No he said he wanted to watch tuff man or somthing on tv and offerd me a draw. I was losing and did not want to make him play a game he did not want to so I accepeted the draw
  5. 30 Nov '07 20:15
    There is one lurking around who claims to be him, but I doubt it really is.
  6. 30 Nov '07 20:18
    Oh yeah, if he meant here on RHP, I guess it's possible, but I also doubt it.
  7. 30 Nov '07 20:40
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcfarland
    I just played Nigel Short on blitz chess?? Clamed to be the real guy with a 2500+ Rating?
    I think there was another thread on this where some people figured out or at least think that they did that he isn't really Nigel Short.
  8. Standard member chessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    30 Nov '07 20:46
    I played him in blitz and he whooped my ass.

    he did say he was nigel short...

    so i said..."if you are nigel short....then what was the result of the game where you were threatened with your life if you didn't lose?"

    he said...."just play"

    (the result was a draw)....he did play great blitz though.
  9. 30 Nov '07 20:51
    LOL, I've easily beaten the Nigel Short on RHP Blitz. He's not the real deal. Anyway, just as GMs won't play on Yahoo! Chess, they won't play on uChess or RHP Blitz. They pla yon ICC and Playchess.com where events are organized, they have tougher competition and the perks that come with being in the elite.
  10. 30 Nov '07 20:55
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    I played him in blitz and he whooped my ass.

    he did say he was nigel short...

    so i said..."if you are nigel short....then what was the result of the game where you were threatened with your life if you didn't lose?"

    he said...."just play"

    (the result was a draw)....he did play great blitz though.
    Ha he said just play when I started to ask him about his book also
  11. Standard member chessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    30 Nov '07 20:56
    lmao....well that proves it then.

    it ain't him.
  12. 30 Nov '07 21:00
    Btw. What is the story about him being thretend with his life on a chess game?
  13. Standard member chessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    30 Nov '07 21:06
    he was at a tournament and i guess his opponents father threatened him.....trying to scare him into resigning or losing on purpose.

    it was in a Chess life article.
  14. 30 Nov '07 21:09
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    he was at a tournament and i guess his opponents father threatened him.....trying to scare him into resigning or losing on purpose.

    it was in a Chess life article.
    Well if he had won and ended up being murdered then he could have been in your other thread...
  15. Standard member chessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    30 Nov '07 21:11