Moves
    28 Jul '08 12:14
    i got told your a 1400 otb and a 1900 here 😉
  3. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 12:14
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    when you play RHP blitz it's most obvious how big the number of cheats is. I regulary run into some 2000-2200 CC rated RHP members playing blitz like patzers. Funny.
    Have we played on RHP blitz?

I often lose to lower rated players on the blitz site, but that's partly because I'm not very good at blitz and partly because it's not a very good interface. Despite this I win about nine games out of ten.

There seem to be quite a lot of players rated 1200 on the blitz site who haven't played any games on the main site. Several of them are pretty good. I very rarely see anyone else rated 2000+ there. Korch used to be a regular, but I haven't seen him recently.

I can't imagine why any engine user would bother to play on the blitz site at all.
  4. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 12:151 edit
    Korch plays blitz at playchess now 🙂.....
  5. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 12:183 edits
    Originally posted by Smiffy
    Korch plays blitz at playchess now 🙂.....
    Sometimes I also taking a look at RHP blitz too, but RHP blitz interface is quite slow and there are also lack of strong opponents 🙁 So I prefere most of my blitz/bullet time to spend in Playchess.
  6. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 12:23
    playchess.com is a fantastic interface. I keep intending to subscribe, but I find it so relaxing playing unrated games (I have stored over 800, so must have played 2000+ in the last year) that at the moment I think I might be better off just playing guest games.

Has anyone ever used playchess.com for longer time controls? With the new chess season fast approaching I was wondering if it might be a good place to get some serious practice in.
  7. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 12:30
    yes me and korch play 90+5 games on there in an ancl league its good fun and its very good players there aswell you would love it.
  8. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 13:152 edits
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Have we played on RHP blitz?

I often lose to lower rated players on the blitz site, but that's partly because I'm not very good at blitz and partly because it's not a very good interface. Despite this I win about nine games out of ten.

There seem to be quite a lot of players rated 1200 on the blitz site who haven't played any games on the main site. S tly.

I can't imagine why any engine user would bother to play on the blitz site at all.
    we played one game and I've lost badly 😛 (french defence or something, I think).

I am talking about some players not very known at forums who just played BAD altough having very high rating. And when I say bad, I do not mean relatively bad but BAD
  9. Subscriberjb70
    State of Confusion
    Lancashire
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 13:26
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The thread where I showed that clivestraddle was a fraud (he claimed to be BOTH a specific British master AND a 1700 rated US player!) was removed because it "harassed" him. The same thing happened to some of the threads exposing nmdavidb. I think the RHP community should be able to read the truth about people who falsely claim to be a high rated player when the evidence is overwhelming they are not. So far, the Forum Mods don't agree.
    I read the post with interest.I had the misfortune to have a "lost game"against him in a surprising few moves every game we played.That lead me to suspect and then I saw the number of games he had in progress.It was so blatant.I did not reply to your post at the time-didn't think I had been here long enough to make waves.Had faith in the system.
  10. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 14:141 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The thread where I showed that clivestraddle was a fraud (he claimed to be BOTH a specific British master AND a 1700 rated US player!) was removed because it "harassed" him. The same thing happened to some of the threads exposing nmdavidb. I think the RHP community should be able to read the truth about people who falsely claim to be a high rated player when the evidence is overwhelming they are not. So far, the Forum Mods don't agree.
    I think the thread was removed because some reprobate got carried away and posted clivestraddle's real name. I^hHe received a 24 hour forum ban for that outrageous behaviour!

Now that clivestraddle is no longer a user on this site, I assume it's OK to name and shame him? Can a forum mod please give advice on this.
  11. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 14:40
    mgbal is banned!!!! Finally!!!!
    User 308457
  12. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 14:46
    Originally posted by Korch
    User 308457
    Yahoo! It's a cull!

Hopefully there will be some long-time cheats quivering in their boots at the moment.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 14:49
    Originally posted by Korch
    User 308457
    GOOD RIDDANCE!
  14. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 14:501 edit
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    we played one game and I've lost badly 😛 (french defence or something, I think).
    I don't remember the game, but almost all my games on the blitz site are as Black. I only play White if we have a rematch.
  15. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 15:03
    3 bannings in one day!

good news.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree