2. Joined
    24 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Sep '08 16:50
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Got it!

Open with.

1.e3 e6 2.e4 e5! That's TN territory.
    Brilliant theory there Greenpawn! Perhaps as the initiator of this thread I can claim 1% of all revenues????
  3. Standard memberpaultopia
    High Priest
    The Volcano
    Moves
    15 Sep '08 21:051 edit
    How about a non-sub anti-brilliancy? Like yours truly missing the oldest free queen (and more) in the book, on move 10... Game 5419094 Of course, the moment I clicked "submit move" I started cursing...
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Sep '08 21:283 edits
    ok here is my brilliancy, at the time I was reading Sargents book on Morphy and i was trying to emulate the great one.

the poor guy got fed up and said something like, 'i dont see why i should lose just because a played a bad opening',
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 03:381 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ok here is my brilliancy, at the time I was reading Sargents book on Morphy and i was trying to emulate the great one.

[pgn][Event "Open invite"]
    [Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2007.10.14"]
    [EndDate "2007.10.20"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "robbie carrobie"]
    [Black "ookaboolakoonga"]
    [WhiteRating "1507"]
    [BlackRating "1351"]
    [WhiteELO 'i dont see why i should lose just because a played a bad opening',
    I don't see what's so special about this. You're opponent made a gross blunder and you won, try crushing an opponent like that when they make no gross tactical blunders.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 10:46
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I don't see what's so special about this. You're opponent made a gross blunder and you won, try crushing an opponent like that when they make no gross tactical blunders.
    rather interestingly many of the uninitiated said the same thing about the early impressionist movement in art, Van Gogh himself never sold a painting? why because the general public never really understood what was happening on the canvas. perhaps you need to look deeper, was it not Emanual Lasker who stated that, 'without error there can be no brilliancy'.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 14:11
    rather interestingly many of the uninitiated said the same thing about the early impressionist movement in art, Van Gogh himself never sold a painting? why because the general public never really understood what was happening on the canvas. perhaps you need to look deeper, was it not Emanual Lasker who stated that, 'without error there can be no brilliancy'.
    "without error there can be no brilliancy" - me

well said
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 17:251 edit
    There is a difference between just an error and moving your piece into a pawn fork... I'm just being tough on you because you should expect to punish your opponents like that when they make tactical blunders. You had the game won after he walked into a pawn fork... Try winning a game where your opponent moves a pawn in front of his king at the wrong time and you have to have the patience and the vision to pull off a brilliancy ten moves later.

Edit: inferring that this game is on a level of artistic beauty comparable to the paintings of Van Gogh is a serious lapse in judgement.
  9. Seattle
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 17:52

happy that I calculated out the pawn races
  10. e4
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 19:08
    Iinferring that this game is on a level of artistic beauty comparable to the paintings of Van Gogh is a serious lapse in judgement.
    Oh dear. Tut-Tut Tom-Tom.

Robbie's exploitation of the bad 4th. move allowing the courageous
    d-pawn to sac itself on f7 so the Queen can enter the fray with
    a check and pick up the loose Knight was enlightening and instructive.

The symphony was complete when the Knight did a dance of
    death around the hapless Black King.

Van Gogh's paintings pale by comparison.

Bravo McRobbie. Scotland's McMorphy.
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 19:42

BWAHAHA!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 21:21
    BWAHAHA!
    yes oh dear tum tum indeed
  13. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 22:04

Will Robbie be able to sell his game with ookaboolakoonga for millions, or will that only happen after he's dead and gone?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 22:141 edit
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    Will Robbie be able to sell his game with ookaboolakoonga for millions, or will that only happen after he's dead and gone?
    lol, the opponents name itself should be copyrighted, but i did read that Steintz and perhaps even Lasker and others did try to copyright their games early on, i don't know if they succeeded, but Mad rook my friend, you need not fear, all my masterpieces are covered by the GNU public licensing and are free for personal non commercial distribution.
  15. Dublin
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 09:391 edit
    Originally posted by c guy1
    happy that I calculated out the pawn races
    I think your opponent could have won a piece with 10.Nxd5 with the threat of Bxh7+ if the queen recaptures. I've only glanced at the position but it looks good to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree