2. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    27 May '06 23:59
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    dont you hate it when this happens?

makes you want to stop playing nonsubs

Game 2030377
    Who's to say that he's giving it away? You are playing a 1100 player, don't expect them to play like Kasparov.

Even if he is giving it away, it is his choice to do so. Show him what you think by mating him as soon as possible. Just don't complain and think that he should buckle meerly because he is down material.
  3. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    28 May '06 00:07
    Originally posted by prosoccer
    Who's to say that he's giving it away? You are playing a 1100 player, don't expect them to play like Kasparov.

Even if he is giving it away, it is his choice to do so. Show him what you think by mating him as soon as possible. Just don't complain and think that he should buckle meerly because he is down material.
    I'm pretty sure what huckle meant is that he abondoned the game. As in not moving at all once he knew he was going to lose.
  4. Joined
    18 Apr '06
    Moves
    28 May '06 00:13
    dont you hate it when this happens?

makes you want to stop playing nonsubs

Game 2030377
    it is a real pain when that happens, but this player was a realtive new comer and they have not moved in all their games for three days now. I do sympathesis with you on that one. But not all non subs are like that HONEST!!!
  5. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    28 May '06 00:151 edit

He challenged me. He did this when he was rated 1200p.

My point is not his playing, its that as soon as he realised he was losing, he ran down his timebank, and as of now has 35 minutes to play (i've already emailed him before his skull showed up last time).

I respect the fact that he is not as good as me (there arent many out there i can say that about), but there is no victory in taking a skull from a game already won.
    Because i am on the site a lot, i seem to get a lot of non-subs challenging me, probably from the find player page. Its getting like a fifty fifty chance of them actually finnishing the game. In contrast, i am playing a game against a non-sub which might just be one of the best games i've played on the site.
    Its not the status i'm complaining about its the wasting of my time.
  6. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    28 May '06 00:241 edit
    There is no rule that states you MUST accept games that people challenge you to.

As well, you have 7 days of timebank remaining, you said you are on a lot, so play with stricter time controls.
  7. Joined
    18 Apr '06
    Moves
    28 May '06 00:281 edit
    There is no rule that states you MUST accept games that people challenge you to.

As well, you have 7 days of timebank remaining, you said you are on a lot, so play with stricter time controls.
    i think that the point being raised here is, is that the opponent has walked away. Also as a subscriber, you are entitled to play as many games as you want. I think it is merely the fact that the opponent has left is frustrating as people typically want to play a game to it's conclusion.
  8. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    28 May '06 00:341 edit
    Originally posted by badbadger
    i think that the point being raised here is, is that the opponent has walked away. Also as a subscriber, you are entitled to play as many games as you want. I think it is merely the fact that the opponent has left is frustrating as people typically want to play a game to it's conclusion.
    I have no delusions about that, but if you have any doubts in the character of a player, don't play them. It is your choice, take preventitive measures if nessacary.
  9. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    28 May '06 00:35
    Exactly.
    There is no loss of face in defeat in chess. Its part of the learning process, and believe me, i've done a lot of learning.

As for not accepting the challenge, how am i supposed to know who to accept, and who not to? like i said, i am playing a gem of a game right now which is in progress, therefore i cant post a link.

Maybe i shouldnt play provisionals, maybe thats the answer
  10. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    28 May '06 00:37
    I have no delusions about that, but if you have any doubts in the character of a player, don't play them. It is your choice, take preventitive measures if nessacary.
    theres no "runner " symbol above a guys name when you look at his profile.

how do you suggest i do that?
  11. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    28 May '06 00:541 edit
    theres no "runner " symbol above a guys name when you look at his profile.

how do you suggest i do that?
    You yourself segregated the un-subscribed players as being evil, why not start there. You seem to have no problem complaining about us, so why should you have a problem not playing against us.

Most of the time the players that will play and then suddenly stop are relative new comers to the site. If someone has played hundreds of games you might be able to assume that they will see the game through. This is by no means foolproof, but it could take some of the guesswork out of it. (Edit: oops, I didn't see the last part of your second last post.)

Another option is to spend 5 seconds looking through someones past games to see if there are any devious timeouts. If so, don't play them.

Why not mostly play friends or acquaintences? That would certainly take the guessing out of the process.

I think these are valuable options and would be affective if instigated by yourself and other players.
  12. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    28 May '06 01:04
    You yourself segregated the un-subscribed players as being evil, why not start there. You seem to have no problem complaining about us, so why should you have a problem not playing against us.

Most of the time the players that will play and then suddenly stop are relative new comers to the site. If someone has played hundreds of games you might be able ...[text shortened]... these are valuable options and would be affective if instigated by yourself and other players.
    Yeah thats what i said.

ALL NON SUBS ARE EVIL.

they're also members of the luminati, opus dei, and the bin laden family.

The difference between subs and non subs is that we take on more games (up to 300), not six, so we cant go "playing our mates" alll the time (although there are guys i play a lot).

please leave the melodrama out of this thread 🙂
  13. Joined
    18 Apr '06
    Moves
    28 May '06 01:051 edit

Most of the time the players that will play and then suddenly stop are relative new comers to the site. If someone has played hundreds of games you might be able these are valuable options and would be affective if instigated by yourself and other players.
    the opponent in question has only played 7 games. Plus huckleberry hound is playing several non-subs, so i dont feel that there is an issue against non-subs here

EDIT - Not all non-subs are evil, i cant see where that came from, even if my name is scary 😛
  14. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    28 May '06 01:28
    the opponent in question has only played 7 games. Plus huckleberry hound is playing several non-subs, so i dont feel that there is an issue against non-subs here

EDIT - Not all non-subs are evil, i cant see where that came from, even if my name is scary 😛
    It came from the title of the thread. It would have been easy to say opponents ditching games. But no, it has to be non-subs ditching games.
  15. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    28 May '06 01:30
    Yeah thats what i said.

ALL NON SUBS ARE EVIL.

they're also members of the luminati, opus dei, and the bin laden family.

The difference between subs and non subs is that we take on more games (up to 300), not six, so we cant go "playing our mates" alll the time (although there are guys i play a lot).

please leave the melodrama out of this thread 🙂
    I gave you several options, not only playing friends so don't hang on that one and not mention the others.

It is Illuminati not Luminati.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree