1. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 17:27
    Originally posted by Jie
    What is [b]wronlgy? It seems as if you are angel and you make no mistake and you can say who is and is not able to spell correctly? What is wronlgy?

Often when you try to make others to be a fool, you end up looking like the fool.[/b]
    nihuishuaputonhuama.
  2. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 17:32
    Originally posted by wormwood
    nihuishuaputonhuama.
    LOL
  3. Standard memberpawnraider
    PawnRaiderRaids4Ever
    better places
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 17:372 edits
    Originally posted by Jie
    Its bad enough being addicted to chess but why are most of you obsessed with cheating (or trying to chatch cheats)? If you infested this time in reading chess books, your chess improve no? Remember the saying [b]Not the cry, but the flight of the wild duck, leads the flock to fly and follow. Seem to me that some of you are engaged in a wild goose chase.[/b]
    Jie:
    when someone is paranoid, that fear is NOT sufficient evidence that another person is not trying to hurt them...

If No1 and others on RHP are interested in keeping RHP "An Engine-Free-Zone," this is good! there ought to be at least one good chess site that is free...

I have seen a few threads (now removed for naming a name) where the stronger player lost the game by a series of bad moves and claimed "engine... engine..." I was able to comment on one game in one thread before the thread was deleted. just because a few sour grapes falsely accuse someone is NOT evidence that all accusations are without merit...

However, if YOU do not feel that the focus here on eliminating engine use is appropriate, there is a wonderful site run by IECG where the powers-that-be DO NOT CARE ABOUT ENGINE USE, since they do not consider enforcement of a ban to be worth the effort...

1) If you are simply trying to point out the "error of our ways" and provide enlightenment, DON'T BOTHER.
    2) If you are using an engine: while on RPH, "just say, NO!"

While I consider myself new to RHP, I subscribe and enjoy having fun playing. Well..., I am not really "playing", but am working hard at having fun... only a little talent, primarily skull sweat, databases and books...
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 17:47
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Thats because the nameless fellow the post was about is cheating.

We are only allowed to talk about people who are not cheating and it is forbidden to mention those that are.
    Unfortunately he/she was named. That is symbolic of a "cheating obsession" like a pack of ravenous wolves that gets a sniff of blood in the snow and begins baying loudly. The sniff of blood occurs when a cheating discussion thread starts and a name is mentioned. This unusual sequence of events only occurs on this site.
  5. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 17:491 edit
    Originally posted by Jie
    Unfortunately he/she was named. That is symbolic of a "cheating obsession" like a pack of ravenous wolves that gets a sniff of blood in the snow and begins baying loudly. The sniff of blood occurs when a cheating discussion thread starts and a name is mentioned. This unusual sequence of events only occurs on this site.
    People get named out of frustration that nothing is being done about them.

The alternative is to ban the innocent who dare to mention it and allow the cheater to prosper.

That is what happens on too many other sites.

The fellow who was named is probably the most blattant cheat currently on the site. Is it wrong that the majority of us what something done about it?
  6. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 17:57
    Originally posted by Jie
    Not true. I play on another site where the same thing happens, just not as often. That other site bans cheats but with less fanfare and fuss than used to happen here. That other site also removes cheat accusations.
  7. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 18:08
    Originally posted by Jie
    Your English is coming along nicely.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 18:15
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    Your English is coming along nicely.
    Yeah thanks to greenpawn34 and a jug of coffee. He has not come back to explain how he is writing in broken Engrish.
  9. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 18:23
    Originally posted by Jie
    Yeah thanks to greenpawn34 and a jug of coffee. He has not come back to explain how he is writing in broken Engrish.
    don't speak much chinese, eh?
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 18:26
    don't speak much chinese, eh?
    Why do you suddenly speak Canadian, eh? What's that all aboot?
  11. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 18:29
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    it's not moose talk, it's reverse finnish, he!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 18:35
    it's not moose talk, it's reverse finnish, he!
    Your English is pretty not good for a Finnish. How many mistakes did you make? Your problem must be Finnishing.
  13. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 18:501 edit
    Originally posted by Jie
    Your English is pretty not good for a Finnish. How many mistakes did you make? Your problem must be Finnishing.
    my chinese is even worse, but still appears to be way better than your nonexistent chinese. don't bother to feed it into a translator, as even if you managed separate the words, I made sure there's enough misspelling to prevent machine translation.

no chinese speaker would have any problems understanding it though. devious thing, the human brain. substitutes the correct letters in just like that. if your brain knew chinese, that is.
  14. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 18:50
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Why does everyone think we talk like that? What is THAT all aboot??
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 18:56
    Originally posted by Raven69
    Why does everyone think we talk like that? What is THAT all aboot??
    Do you get excited when you find an American Nickel?

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree