Offering draws OTB!

Offering draws OTB!

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SD
I AM INNOCENT

WRONGLY BANNED

Moves
21 Nov 05

How do you offer a draw OTB? I just say "want a draw" but i know some people that say "Would you like a draw?"... LOL What do you say

a
Enola Straight

mouse mouse mouse

Moves
21 Nov 05

Originally posted by Santa Drummer
How do you offer a draw OTB? I just say "want a draw" but i know some people that say "Would you like a draw?"... LOL What do you say
Make your move, say "Draw?" or "I offer a draw", and then hit your clock.

No Name Maddox

County Doledrum

Moves
21 Nov 05

Hmmm, OK Corral chess, excellent!

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
21 Nov 05

Originally posted by ark13
Right, I summon up my most intimidating, courageous voice, and just say "Draw." Almost not even in question form. Although I don't offer draws in many games.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
21 Nov 05

The USCF rules state that you "press" your clock, not "hit".

It is important that you move before offering a draw, then press your clock. Your opponent has her entire time allotment to consider your offer. An immediate reply is unnecessary.

a

Forgotten

Moves
22 Nov 05

you say draw
hit ur clock if its the other guys clock you gently press the button
if he doesnt respond to ur draw offer you take out your swaord and behead the infidel

g

Moves
22 Nov 05

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
Right, I summon up my most intimidating, courageous voice, and just say "Draw." Almost not even in question form. Although I don't offer draws in many games.
Your " intimidating, courageous voice," seems like a good way to test the 50 move rule. I suggest you only try it on a player that is in a bit of time trouble.

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
22 Nov 05

It was a joke. I am normally on the fighting side, wanting to play it out. I really only offer draws if for some reason it's not really necessary to finish the game. Like in the Ohio State Championships recently, I offered the guy a draw in the last round in a much better (maybe even winning position). I was set to win the section if I drew, and I was set to win the bigger under prize if I drew. I wanted to leave, so I offered a draw. Of course, he declined, and I beat him 2 hours later. 🙂

z

Moves
22 Nov 05

Exactly. I actually got lucky last saturday. I aws playing an OTB tournament, I offerred a draw when both sides had 7 pawns, Q and Knight left. It should have been drawn, but he turned it down and blundered 10 moves later.

Dominican Republic

Moves
22 Nov 05

I offer you Draw!!!