1. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 07:57
    I am not a subscriber...so I have only 6 slots for games...Now I have just finished a game..and opened Open Invites to get a new one...
    What do I see there ?
    about 5-6 links that can provide me a new game(by the way, i am somehow 1800+)...let me check them:
    first one...a player about 1300...that wants to play against 1700+...nah, too low, I will not take this one...
    another one..and 1200 who wants to play against 1300+...again too low...some other 1300s and 1400s and an 1500s (a bit too low but this one might worth a try)that want games against 1800+...

hmm, but I see so many requests for games...why I am not allowed to pick on the others? let me check them:
    ooops, many 1800s, 1700s, 1600s...aaah, all of them need worthy 2000+ opponents

Guys, this really sucks...pls don't do that, if everyone would do like that, there would be no games on this server...
    Try better maybe to play all the time against oppies around your rating, +/-150...and you will have balanced games...and when improving you will get stronger opponents...

Maybe some admin should restrict this somehow...

I again close the Open Invites and I still have a free slot....
  2. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 08:481 edit
    Originally posted by vipiu
    I am not a subscriber...so I have only 6 slots for games...Now I have just finished a game..and opened Open Invites to get a new one...
    What do I see there ?
    about 5-6 links that can provide me a new game(by the way, i am somehow 1800+)...let me check them:
    first one...a player about 1300...that wants to play against 1700+...nah, too low, I will not take th uld restrict this somehow...

I am really sorry you had such a horrific experience with open invites as a non-subscriber.
  3. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 08:51
    I am not a subscriber...
    That's your main problem
  4. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 08:5931 edits
    Dear Vipiu,

Please accept my apology on behalf of those annoying 1300+ people. I hope admins will somehow restrict them and players of your calibre won't ever have to bother with those unacceptable offers again.

I wish you best in your fledging chess career and hope that you'll find a suitable opponent soon.

Most sincerely,

kenan

p.s. I am extremely delighted that you still have a free slot.
  5. The sky
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 09:461 edit
    Originally posted by kenan

🙂
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 09:551 edit
    Dear Vipiu,

Please accept my apology on behalf of those annoying 1300+ people. I hope admins will somehow restrict them and players of your calibre won't ever have to bother with those unacceptable offers again.

I wish you best in your fledging chess career and hope that you'll find a suitable opponent soon.

Most sincerely,

kenan

31 friggin edits!?! make up you mind man!!

EDIT: or woman!!
  7. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 09:583 edits
  8. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 10:101 edit
    What do I see there ?
    first one...a player about 1300...that wants to play against 1700+...nah, too low, I will not take th uld restrict this somehow...

As I see it you have 3 choices: -

1. Post an open invite yourself asking for opponents above 2400;
    2. Give up and hope someone worthy challenges you;
    3. Become a subscriber, join a clan and enter tournaments.

I know what my choice would be.

P.S. I don't play challenges against non-subscribers. Most subscribers don't! Most players above 1800 are probably subscribers.
  9. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 10:16
    People are scared that you'll crush them after your 12 move combination 😛

If I were 1800 or 1900 I would challenge you. But I am not 🙂
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 10:16
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire

P.S. I don't play challenges against non-subscribers. Most subscribers don't! Most players above 1800 are probably subscribers.
    if I make it to 2000 without being a subscriber will you accept my challenge?
  11. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 10:182 edits
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire

Where does this non-subscriber xenophobia come from ? When you Google "Red hot pawn" you find a link to the page titled "Red hot pawn : Ply free online games". Non-subscribers are not criminals. You can decide to unlock extra features and remove ads by subscribing, or play max. six games by not doing so. That is end of the story.

Again, I AM NON-SUBSCRIBER AND I DO NOT CONSIDER MYSELF CRIMINAL.

I do not consider Akizy criminal too.
  12. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 10:45
    bah, this was about Open Invites section, not about being subscriber versus being non subscriber...stop fighting on that 🙂
  13. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 10:58
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    if I make it to 2000 without being a subscriber will you accept my challenge?
    No! I have enough games in tournaments, leagues and clan challenges without taking on any more.

This is all about practicalities and managing the number of games I have not about me regarding you as a lesser being because you do not subscribe.
  14. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 10:59
    Dear Vipiu,

Most sincerely,

kenan

appologies accepted, but I was not talking about "annoying 1300+ people"...it was not about the ratings of the guys who opened the invites, it was about the wanted opponents...
  15. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 10:59
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    Where does this non-subscriber xenophobia come from ? When you Google "Red hot pawn" you find a link to the page titled "Red hot pawn : Ply free online games". Non-subscribers are not criminals. You can decide to unlock extra features and remove ads by subscribing, or play max. six games by not doing so. That is end of the story.

Again, I AM NON-SUBSCRIBER AND I DO NOT CONSIDER MYSELF CRIMINAL.

I do not consider Akizy criminal too.
    Nor do I consider you to be a crinimal.

Refer my post above.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree