02 Feb '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 20:17
    Originally posted by darkguy00000
    I laugh at the people struggling with the KG! Try Darkguy's Counterattack:

Game 2684895

Note: In progress.

😀 🙂
    I play 3.Bc4, so you'll have to find another counter-attack.
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 20:23
    Originally posted by YUG0slav
    then you don't know me

Game 2319888
    Game 2319900
    Game 2353753
    Game 2363807
    Game 2378600
    Game 2390129
    Game 2405165

though sometimes I think black is better in the KG...care to prove me wrong cmsMaster?
    I don't think black is better, although I hear white has been having some troubles recently in the Kieseritzky, this can, of course be avoided with Ng5. I don't play 3.Nf3 anymore though, I've switched to 3.Bc4 almost exclusively (Though blitz and bullet are major exceptions) and I'm yet to see black even get equality - especially because I've seen the positions so many more times than my opponents.

If you want somebody that knows 3.Nf3, Cludi, Northern Lad, Aging Blitzer, and Dragon Fire are four of many players that have used it for years and know much, much more about it than me. I'm just a sub-1600 patzer trying to learn. 😀
  3. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 01:05
    Originally posted by darkguy00000
    I laugh at the people struggling with the KG! Try Darkguy's Counterattack:

Game 2684895

Note: In progress.

😀 🙂
    you really don't know what you're doing... This isnt as much a counterattack as make white happy if he knows what he's doing...

4 problems:
    1. Qxd5 is WEAK!
    2. Qh5 is WEAK! what is it with people's obsessions with pinning that knight?
    3. after Qh5?, white's best move is prolly d4, not Bc4 anyways
    4. after d4, Bg4 is weak weak weak (like it usually is in the KGA) because after Bxf4, if black wanted to mass trade with ...Bxf3 Qxf3 Qxf3 gxf3, white has a great developmental lead. Weak kingside pawns? Well how's black gonna exploit that if he has no pieces out and white's on the offensive?
  4. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 01:06
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    I don't think black is better, although I hear white has been having some troubles recently in the Kieseritzky, this can, of course be avoided with Ng5. I don't play 3.Nf3 anymore though, I've switched to 3.Bc4 almost exclusively (Though blitz and bullet are major exceptions) and I'm yet to see black even get equality - especially because I've seen the po ...[text shortened]... and know much, much more about it than me. I'm just a sub-1600 patzer trying to learn. 😀
    I tried the Bishop Gambit and didn't like the positions that arose as much as the Knight Gambit.
  5. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 02:49
    yes kg is a good opening but I mean like bishops opening 😠
  6. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 02:50
    Originally posted by jonzzzz
    I say e4 e5 and what ever opening your opponent doe you can at least come to an even position. againstthe Ruy play the open var. e4 e5 Nf3 Nc6 Bb5 a6 Ba4 Nf6 o-o Nxe4 d4😀 I can even prove it will lead to an even position try me all openings with e4 e5 lead to even positoin name any opening with e4 e5😛
    this goes with what I said above
  7. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 04:35
    the Bishop's Opening is kinda weak imo thanks to the Berlin Defense with 2. ...Nf6 which develops and attacks the epawn.

If you play 1. e4, then as a beginner I really say either Scotch Game or Italian Game. The only problem with the Italian is that you also have to learn both the quiet Giouco Piano (Italian and Evans Gambits excluded) and the potentially complicated 2 Knights Defense.

of course with 1. e4, as you grow stronger and face stronger opponents, you'll find that you can't get away with not learning Sicilian and French lines (yeayea CaroKann, Pirc, Modern, Alekhine's too but...you seriously don't see them as much)
  8. Standard memberwargamer66
    Steve B.
    Salt Lake City
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 05:29
    I would go for the French. The Sicilian is my first choice, but everyone and their dog plays it, which means that everyone is well practiced at facing it all the time.
  9. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 05:46
    Originally posted by wargamer66
    I would go for the French. The Sicilian is my first choice, but everyone and their dog plays it, which means that everyone is well practiced at facing it all the time.
    that's a lie, it's amazing how many people think 1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. Bc4 is strong for white
  10. Standard memberwargamer66
    Steve B.
    Salt Lake City
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 06:58
    that's a lie, it's amazing how many people think 1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. Bc4 is strong for white
    First, learn some manners. It is rude to call people liars.

Second, you probably see all sorts of crappy opening play around here. Who cares, its the people who know what they are doing you have to worry about.... and those people probably have more experience against the Sicilian than the French was my point.
  11. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 13:35
    First off, to the OP. Play the french and join the french defense clan..
    Clan 24492

To all those who struggled with the Schivi Sicilian, I think it is perfectly playable
    Game 1900846
  12. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 23:37
    Originally posted by wargamer66
    First, learn some manners. It is rude to call people liars.

Second, you probably see all sorts of crappy opening play around here. Who cares, its the people who know what they are doing you have to worry about.... and those people probably have more experience against the Sicilian than the French was my point.
    well sorry if i somehow offended you...don't see how...

btw, it being rude to call a person a liar depends on the culture, for example, plenty of people tell lies in France, and aren't embarresed if they get caught.

anyways, I was just pointing out the error in saying that EVERYONE knows how to deal with the Sicilian.
  13. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 01:13
    Originally posted by zebano
    First off, to the OP. Play the french and join the french defense clan..
    Clan 24492

To all those who struggled with the Schivi Sicilian, I think it is perfectly playable
    Game 1900846
    Sure, the Svesh is definitely playable, I think we all agree with that. However, not everybody can understand the lines without an insane amount of work. You can show plenty of examples where it works, but there are plenty of others where it doesn't.
  14. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 01:18
    I'll be honest to my biasness, the only open Sicilians I like are the Najdorf, Dragon, and Accelerated Dragon

i'm NOT saying they're the best and that everything else is crap, i'm just saying that they are the only systems I enjoy.
  15. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 01:25
    I'll be honest to my biasness, the only open Sicilians I like are the Najdorf, Dragon, and Accelerated Dragon

i'm NOT saying they're the best and that everything else is crap, i'm just saying that they are the only systems I enjoy.
    Yeah, but you also don't like the KBG, so what do you know? 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree