PAWN RIOT VS The Forum Move 15

PAWN RIOT VS The Forum Move 15

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
20 Nov 08

Originally posted by Sophy
I am nøt sure b4 will give us enough compassasion for a lost rook. i prefer Rc5.
I think 16.Ne6 beats that... after just a quick glance though.

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
20 Nov 08

15...Rc5 is a known blunder after 16. Ne6!

15...Rc8 is also known to be a poor move after the simple 16. Ndxb5. This is all established theory already. To quote Dearing:

[regarding 15. b3!]

"This is the move that has been causing Black so much trouble. White attacks the c4-rook, effectively driving it back into the Black camp (c8 usually) so that it obstructs the development of the f8-rook, and then White cheekily pockets the b5-pawn. With the c8-rook occupying the ideal square for the f8-rook, Black counterplay simply comes too slowly."

Please vote 15...b4. If we have to play 15...Rc8, PAWN RIOT will simply grab the b5-pawn and then torture us down a pawn for 40 moves. It's better to mix it up and make the position as unclear as possible than give him a stable advantage, and position where can display what 2250 technique looks like.

If I haven't already, I vote 15...b4!

t

Moves
20 Nov 08

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
15...Rc5 is a known blunder after 16. Ne6!

15...Rc8 is also known to be a poor move after the simple 16. Ndxb5. This is all established theory already. To quote Dearing:

[regarding 15. b3!]

"This is the move that has been causing Black so much trouble. White attacks the c4-rook, effectively driving it back into the Black camp (c8 usually) so that ...[text shortened]... where can display what 2250 technique looks like.

If I haven't already, I vote 15...b4!
Oh... i didn't know it was known hehe.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
20 Nov 08

Originally posted by tomtom232
Oh... i didn't know it was known hehe.
Hey you foxy tommytommy, so glad you are back here you tricky leggedy beastie player🙂

Best regards from Ahtens, Greece

U

Moves
20 Nov 08

b4

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
20 Nov 08

Originally posted by black beetle
Hey you foxy tommytommy, so glad you are back here you tricky leggedy beastie player🙂

Best regards from Ahtens, Greece
You are aware of the fact that 15. ...b4 is the decent answer for a crafty brave Blackfoot I reckon😵

S

Moves
20 Nov 08
2 edits

On 15.. Rc5 Shouldn't Ne6 should be met whit 16...Bxe6, keeping a good pawn structure, then 17 Bxc5 and 17.. dxc5.
Which will a pair of bishop for your rook.

why should it be a blunder to Ne6 ?

Oups, In saw the queen in e8, I should stop drinking.

alright, Let's go whit 15... b4.

but a little alcohol it good sometimes.

d

Moves
20 Nov 08

I don't get all this stuff about "mixing things up" and "making the position unclear" with b4.

B4 makes the position very clear: Nothing of a decent attack and we're the exchange down.

This is what I would consider clear.

p

Moves
20 Nov 08

I wish there was this much enthusiasm on the LAST MOVE.
Our last move only won because we had this variation (with b4) prepared !!!

I didn't think this voting thing out.

I hope we don't get in the middle of a four move combination and get outvoted before it is played out. 🙂

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
20 Nov 08

Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
I wish there was this much enthusiasm on the LAST MOVE.
Our last move only won because we had this variation (with b4) prepared !!!

I didn't think this voting thing out.

I hope we don't get in the middle of a four move combination and get outvoted before it is played out. 🙂
Hey,

If we get ourselves stuck in the middle I will resign on the spot
:'(

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
20 Nov 08

Originally posted by doodinthemood
I don't get all this stuff about "mixing things up" and "making the position unclear" with b4.

B4 makes the position very clear: Nothing of a decent attack and we're the exchange down.

This is what I would consider clear.
Speak in variations. I think it's a little nearsighted to claim there's no attack. White has all kinds of problems in the positions after 16. bxc4 bxc3 17. Qxc3 Qc7

Play an 18th move for White, I'll show you an attack.

d

Moves
20 Nov 08

I previously favoured 18. h4 for white, and still do.

I am not saying that black cannot attack. I'm saying that you're the exchange down with no good reason.

If you ignore the game completely, and look at the following position from, say, someone else's game:

If you had to choose between the sides, would you hesitate at all before picking white? He is just better there. Black cannot sustain anything.

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
20 Nov 08

Not to be rude, but do you really think your understanding of this Dragon position is better than mine? I've played this opening the entirety of my serious chess career, and have chatted and played games with my friends from this exact position many a time. There is a line that I think gives Black less than adequate compensation (I just recently found it, but it certainly doesn't start with 18. h4.) I've said this about 20 times now in the course of the first 15 moves, but I believe 18. h4 Rc8! 19. h5 Be8! to be completely fine for Black. Black will play ...Nd7-b6, then either take on c4 with the knight or hop into a4. White has no attack because his pieces can barely move, and wherever he puts his king (c1 or a1), will either land him into trouble because of the Bg7 or half open c-file. White faces serious technical difficulties. Don't underestimate Black's position! Once again, you didn't really post any convincing line for White that clarifies a very unclear position in his favor. Saying "Black has nothing, White is clearly better" doesn't actually mean anything to me or anyone else. Everyone can cast an opinion, but it takes a lot more effort to prove it! Take the position after 19...Be8 and analyze it for a while and see what you think then.

d

Moves
20 Nov 08

19... Be8
20. hg hg
21. bh6 bh8
22. g5 Nd7
23. bf8 (lol)

White is having fun. Black is frolicking about the board in an embarassing display of incompetence.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
20 Nov 08

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
Not to be rude, but do you really think your understanding of this Dragon position is better than mine? I've played this opening the entirety of my serious chess career, and have chatted and played games with my friends from this exact position many a time. There is a line that I think gives Black less than adequate compensation (I just recently found it, b ...[text shortened]... ake the position after 19...Be8 and analyze it for a while and see what you think then.
Right🙂