PAWN RIOT VS The Forum Move 35

PAWN RIOT VS The Forum Move 35

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M

Moves
12 Jun 09

Then let's go for Ne3! real thought will be for next move I guess! To sum up, potential moves for him after Ne3 are:

- c3 and we are fine after Nf5 (though tomtom will certainly disagree on this)
- Kb2 (a bit better for him in my opinion, for it eventually gains one tempo)
- Re7 and we have a somewhat drawish situation, in which we are slightly better.

Is that all? if so, I vote Ne3.

BOC

Moves
12 Jun 09

Originally posted by tomtom232
After Re2 we have some tricky tactics and if I remember my analysis correct we sac our knight in some lines.. I didn't post this and I don't have me notebook with me at the moment. Let's just say that we don't really need to fear anything from white. I am dead certain that we have a draw in our back pocket if we can't find a win and white will have to fight to not lose.
assuming that you guys have looked into this much more than i have, which im sure you all have, i suppose Ne3 should be the next move.
if not because we see no danger in it, then surely because there is nothing else we can do! Nc3 threatens a simple fork trick, but pawn riot will not be fooled, and from c3, the black knight can not go anywhere and is effectively trapped. f5 seems to simplify to a won endgame for white, so that's out of the question. everything else leaves our knight hanging, except Nf2, but e3 is clearly a much more active square for the knight. I suppose I vote Ne3, and hope Pawn riot does not calculate further than we have into the Re7 lines to find a win. I tend to agree with you guys though. at worst it looks drawn

e

Moves
12 Jun 09
1 edit

n-c3 wins a pawn and threatens to win the knight...

I didn't look very closely- after n-c6 we would just be exchanging pawns in a likely unfavorable endgame.

e

Moves
12 Jun 09

after looking at it again my thought would be there is no best move. Black is lost. I would play n-c3 hoping he allows the cheap fork trick

BOC

Moves
12 Jun 09

Originally posted by erikido
after looking at it again my thought would be there is no best move. Black is lost. I would play n-c3 hoping he allows the cheap fork trick
there's been quite a bit of analysis put into saying black has at least a draw... I would greatly appreciate an explanation behind this claim that "black is lost" and no, pawn riot will not fall for the cheap knight fork. he will adjust for it, and then our knight is more or less cornered on c3, c3 is a terrible square for the knight. Ne3 seems best, and it lets white force a likely draw after Rxe7, but that's ok. Many gm games end drawn, so it's no frown upon the forum that we have drawn Pawn Riot, on the contrary, it is excellent that you guys pooled your intellects to draw a stronger player.

t

Moves
12 Jun 09

Originally posted by erikido
You really think we are lost? How are your counting skills?

M

Moves
13 Jun 09

He is spy sent by Pawn riot to make us lose faith 🙂

M

Moves
13 Jun 09

I am not sure we proposed a clear refutation of Nc3 though... I could not find it in previous posts at least. any suggestions on this?

S

Moves
13 Jun 09

I vote Ne3 and take full responsability for our loss.

p
Highlander

SEAsia

Moves
13 Jun 09

Originally posted by Sophy
I vote Ne3 and take full responsability for our loss.
So what do we call this? Maybe jumping of the shoulder of giants.

S

Moves
13 Jun 09

I someone who believe all his move are mistakes, In fact, I always think I should lose all my games.

t

Moves
13 Jun 09

I someone who believe all his move are mistakes, In fact, I always think I should lose all my games.
That's doesn't make any sense. It shouldn't even sound right to q woodpusher. Proper chess comes from proper evaluation and if every move you evaluate as a mistake and a loss for you then it doesn't even matter what move you make.

p
Highlander

SEAsia

Moves
13 Jun 09

That makes perfect sense to me. In fact, it is only that I have low personal esteem that stopped me from becoming a Grandmaster! 😛

e

Moves
14 Jun 09

Originally posted by tomtom232
You really think we are lost? How are your counting skills?
This isn't a position which you count points.

e

Moves
14 Jun 09

now that I look at it after n-c3 and kb2 black will be losing a piece...

For some reason I was missing that whites knight was hanging if he took the e7 pawn(although it would be an exchange of knights if the move played was in fact n-e3.).