Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 10 Jun '09 08:40
    Continued From Thread 113620

    34. ... Bxd4 35.Nxd4

    Black To Move



    The Complete Game

  2. 10 Jun '09 12:07
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    Continued From Thread 113620

    34. ... Bxd4 35.Nxd4

    Black To Move

    [fen]8/p2Rpp1k/6p1/6Pp/r2N3P/5P2/P1P5/2Kn4[/fen]

    The Complete Game

    [pgn]1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 d6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 g6 6.Be3 Bg7 7.f3 0-0 8.Qd2 Nc6 9.Bc4 Bd7 10.0-0-0 Rc8 11.Bb3 Ne5 12.Kb1 Nc4 13.Bxc4 Rxc4 14.g4 b5 15.b3 b4 16.bxc4 bxc3 17.Qxc3 Qc7 18.h4 ...[text shortened]... 28.Bf2 Nc3 29.Rd2 Rb4 30.Nb3 Ra4 31.Kb2 Ne4+ 32.Rd4 Nxf2 33.Rxd7 Nd1+ 34.Kc1 Bxd4 35.Nxd4[/pgn]
    Nc3

    e5 is the only other move I can see as a candidate, but I think white can force a winning king/pawn endgame after that or go into a rook/pawn ending up a passed pawn.
  3. 10 Jun '09 12:15
    Ne3 is still part of the variation we planned so many moves ago.

    ...so Ne3
  4. Standard member ptobler
    Patzer
    10 Jun '09 12:16
    Our plan at this move earlier was 35...Ne3 - followed by 36.c3 (36 Kb2 Nf5 37 Nxf5 gxf5 38 Rxe7 Kg6 39 Kb3 Rxh4 40 c4; 36 Rxe7 Rxd4 37 Rxe3 Rxh4). I vote 35...Ne3 provisionally
  5. Standard member ptobler
    Patzer
    10 Jun '09 12:23 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by ptobler
    Our plan at this move earlier was 35...Ne3 - followed by 36.c3 (36 Kb2 Nf5 37 Nxf5 gxf5 38 Rxe7 Kg6 39 Kb3 Rxh4 40 c4; 36 Rxe7 Rxd4 37 Rxe3 Rxh4). I vote 35...Ne3 provisionally
    How about 35...Ne3 36 Kb2 Ng2 instead of ...Nf5. 36...Ng2 looks better at first glance to me - we don't get our pawns doubled as we do after 36...Nf5 gxf5 etc. and we can capture the h4 pawn and obtain a passer on the h file. Then we might consider how to meet 37. Nc6 following on from that.

    Maybe 37...Nxh4 38 Rxe7 Kg7
  6. 10 Jun '09 12:24
    Originally posted by ResigningSoon
    Ne3 is still part of the variation we planned so many moves ago.

    ...so Ne3
    oh... I was not here so many moves ago...
    what is the rest of the "plan"?
  7. Standard member ptobler
    Patzer
    10 Jun '09 12:32
    Originally posted by Big Orange Country
    oh... I was not here so many moves ago...
    what is the rest of the "plan"?
    I have posted some of it - some of it wasn't so clear to me - but just follow the threads at the top of PaulBuchmanFromFICS' posts back about 4 posts until you find big summaries of a plan by macpo and ResigningSoon...
  8. 10 Jun '09 14:07
    Originally posted by ptobler
    I have posted some of it - some of it wasn't so clear to me - but just follow the threads at the top of PaulBuchmanFromFICS' posts back about 4 posts until you find big summaries of a plan by macpo and ResigningSoon...
    what about this line:
    Ne3 Rxe7 Rxd4 Rxe3 Rxh4 Re7
    and now if Rh1+ Kd2
    or if a5, Ra7
  9. Donation !~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    10 Jun '09 16:07
    Yeah, I think ...Ne3 was the planned move right!?
  10. Standard member black beetle
    Black Beastie
    10 Jun '09 19:08
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    Yeah, I think ...Ne3 was the planned move right!?
    Sure thing, 35. ...Nc3 is the planned move and I go for it alright
  11. Standard member black beetle
    Black Beastie
    10 Jun '09 19:10
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Sure thing, 35. ...Nc3 is the planned move and I go for it alright
    Oups, of course 35. ...Na3 and not Nc3, I am sorry for the typo:'(:'(
  12. Standard member black beetle
    Black Beastie
    10 Jun '09 19:13
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Oups, of course 35. ...Na3 and not Nc3, I am sorry for the typo:'(:'(
    Holy $heet, it seems to me that whatever happens two times it always occurs and a third one -so I vote 35. ...Ne3; phewww
  13. 10 Jun '09 20:38
    Originally posted by ptobler
    How about 35...Ne3 36 Kb2 Ng2 instead of ...Nf5. 36...Ng2 looks better at first glance to me - we don't get our pawns doubled as we do after 36...Nf5 gxf5 etc. and we can capture the h4 pawn and obtain a passer on the h file. Then we might consider how to meet 37. Nc6 following on from that.

    Maybe 37...Nxh4 38 Rxe7 Kg7
    We don't have to worry about the doubled pawns. I posted an analysis in a previous thread that shows that Nxf5 is bad for white. Generally, when there are a few squares between the pawns that are doubled you get a great dynamic advantage even in the endgame. Later on we give up the pawn for tempo and a good placement for our rook. We will be down a pawn but have a winning game!
  14. Standard member ptobler
    Patzer
    10 Jun '09 22:01
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    We don't have to worry about the doubled pawns. I posted an analysis in a previous thread that shows that Nxf5 is bad for white. Generally, when there are a few squares between the pawns that are doubled you get a great dynamic advantage even in the endgame. Later on we give up the pawn for tempo and a good placement for our rook. We will be down a pawn but have a winning game!
    Is it possible that we could have this earlier analysis posted here to refresh our memories? That would be great
  15. 10 Jun '09 22:31 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by ptobler
    Is it possible that we could have this earlier analysis posted here to refresh our memories? That would be great
    Edit: (what i said first was just wrong, so i deleted it) and can someone help me out and refute the Rxe7 line i gave earlier?