1. Joined
    26 Oct '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '09 02:371 edit
    In fact, i see no refutation to Ne3, it may as well be very good.

I am not engine and I don't know how they calculate this.

I analyse that position and I think it will a rook ending with black bieng a pawn up, but still draw
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '09 04:35
    Originally posted by erikido
    This isn't a position which you count points.
    However, it is a position where the amount of time it takes to promote is very important..... Hence the counting comment. Just look at that h pawn.... Whites h pawn will fall and our h pawn is closer to promoting than whites c pawn.
  3. Joined
    26 Oct '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '09 15:36
    But I except white to care a little about his weakness here and to protect it.

Don't know how, maybe by preventing Rxh4. in the first place.

Tought the plan ending tought beautifull, even a pawn down.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '09 21:26
    Originally posted by Sophy
    But I except white to care a little about his weakness here and to protect it.

Don't know how, maybe by preventing Rxh4. in the first place.

Tought the plan ending tought beautifull, even a pawn down.
    That's the thing about weaknesses if they can be attacked easily then you are screwed unless you can counter attack. If you're stuck defending, especially in an endgame, then your chances are pretty bad.
  5. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 02:54
    Originally posted by Macpo
    I am not sure we proposed a clear refutation of Nc3 though... I could not find it in previous posts at least. any suggestions on this?
    my refutation of Nc3 is simply this:
    the knight loses activity.
    in endgames involving a player as strong as pawn riot, piece activity often becomes very important. while Nc3 may not have any immediately losing lines, c3 is such an "inactive" square, that it is as though we do not have the piece, as there is nothing it can do. we want to harmonize all of our pieces and assign each a task. If one piece can do nothing, as our knight would have nothing to do from c3, then is is a hinderance, whereas from e3, it at least offers some attacking possibilities, namely, removing white's h-pawn.
  6. Joined
    09 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 04:53
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    However, it is a position where the amount of time it takes to promote is very important..... Hence the counting comment. Just look at that h pawn.... Whites h pawn will fall and our h pawn is closer to promoting than whites c pawn.
    You sure are afraid to play me for someone that knows so much more than I do ;P
  7. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 05:03
    ooooooooh tomboy got CALLED OUT
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 05:24
    Ne3
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 06:501 edit
    If you notice, I am not current playing any games here. I will gladly play a game with you through the PM system* if you want to play that badly.

*i have reasons. My mobile doesn't have java so I can't make any moves and I am having computer problems plus a lack of sitting time. I just enjoy the fora for now.

Edit: also, instead of trying to ramp up your previously burned ego, why not just prove that black is losing. Give us some concrete proof, that way we can stop wasting PAWN RIOT's time and resign.

Oh, I almost forgot: 😛
  10. Joined
    09 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 15:541 edit
    If you notice, I am not current playing any games here. I will gladly play a game with you through the PM system* if you want to play that badly.

*i have reasons. My mobile doesn't have java so I can't make any moves and I am having computer problems plus a lack of sitting time. I just enjoy the fora for now.

Edit: also, instead of trying to ramp ...[text shortened]... oof, that way we can stop wasting PAWN RIOT's time and resign.

It wasn't about my ego....I know I am a far better player than you are. It was about you consistently being pompous. People with YOUR ego at such a horribly low rating and such a poor attitude need to be shown by being beaten down.

And I am guessing you are standing up when typing out all your responses to the forums :/
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 15:59
    I think we can go for Ne3, dear Paulbuchmanfromfics (or so).
  12. Joined
    09 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 16:05

Edit: also, instead of trying to ramp ...[text shortened]... oof, that way we can stop wasting PAWN RIOT's time and resign.

And as to the game analysis. I did just admit that I missed it was an exchange of knights on rxe7(which would indicate a likely drawn ending in the case of the exchange of knights). I can admit I am wrong on occasion(you however....)
  13. Joined
    18 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 17:553 edits
    Please don't fill this thread up with senseless crap. Make a new thread called 'tomtom sucks' or something and let it out there. And to make this post not a complete waste of time, I guess I'll do some analysis again since its been a long while.

35...Nc3 36.Kd2 Nxa2(I suppose this is the idea.) 37.c3 and our knight is effectively trapped.

Let's just focus on 35...Ne3 I first suggested 36.c3 a while back because it frees the white rooks from protecting the knight and starts the march of the c-pawn. A few have noted that white should just plan for c4 all at once to save time and I can't really argue. So I'll start analysis at 36.Kb2 and look at 36.c3 later.
    35...Ne3 36.Kb2
    36...Nf5 I thought this would goad white into playing Nxf5 to double our pawns since we're threatening h4, but analysis given so far makes 37.Nxf5 look bad for white so I doubt we can expect this move. If white wants to grab e7 he's going to have to protect his knight so now its either 37.c3 or 37.Kc3 and since Kc3 is just blocking his c-pawn which he's planning to march he might as well play 37.c3:
    black to move:

The only other viable option I see for white is 37.Nc6 which is giving our rook more room to operate as in: 37...Nxh4 37.Rxe7 Rf5
    white to move:

I don't have any forced lines from above, but white's position doesn't look good after Nxf3 and the march of the h-pawn. So back to the first position...
    black to move:

I think Nxh4 followed by running with the h-pawn has got to be the best plan, something like 37...Nxh4 38.Rxe7 Kg8.
    white to move:

Now, unfortunately white can force a draw or win the exchange because of a cute tactic... 39.Re8+ Kh7 40.Re7 Kg8 41.Re8+ Kg7? 42.Re4!
    I forgot if someone already mentioned this.

So what do have besides 36...Nf5? Well, we have Kg8 or Kg7, Ng2, e5, Rc4 or Nc4+, a5 or a6. And I don't know which one to suggest. Kg8 or Kg7 looks the most natural. I think we may have considered a5 at some point. I'm going to focus on 36...e5 and 36...Ng2 though as they seem the most dangerous to me personally(continuing our plan to win his h-pawn and march ours). I think our next thread will probably be the most active thread we've had in a while as we look over each of these moves(if our opponent plays 36.Kc3).

Now, I'll look at 35...Ne3 36.c3 if we play 36...Nf5 then 37.Kb2 will transpose to above which we probably don't want. So, lets consider 36...Rxa2.
    white to move:

37.Rxe7 seems sensible enough. 37...Ng2(we have Nd5 to, but I'm going with the h-pawn plan for now) 38.Rxf7+ Kg8 and we'll play Nxh4 after some rook move...
    white to move (I picked 39.Rd7 other than staying on the 7th rank white could also consider Rf6 I suppose):

and it's anyone's guess as to who is better, but we have the outside passed pawn(or two of em) so I like our chances.

Ok, one more line...back to 35...Ne3 36.c3 Rxa2 37.Rxe7 Nd5:

Once again, 38.Rxf7+ Kg8 is natural enough followed by our 39...Nxc3
    white to move(I picked 39.Rd7 though Rb7 is his other choice.):

and now we have to wade once more through a multitude of white responses. Though I'd imagine our plan is now wrapped around our a-pawn.

What about other 36th moves for white? If his plan is to march the c-pawn then 36.Kd2 should probably be considered as well. I don't think this is as strong as Kb2 though as we can play Ng2 and we'll be grabbing his a- and h-pawns. Someone else can look at it though 'cause I'm done for now.
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 19:23
    It wasn't about my ego....I know I am a far better player than you are. It was about you consistently being pompous. People with YOUR ego at such a horribly low rating and such a poor attitude need to be shown by being beaten down.

And I am guessing you are standing up when typing out all your responses to the forums :/

Then do it. I already offered you a way to play.

and I am guessing you are standing up when typing out all your responses to the forums

This would be a pretty smart assumption since I have said that I am on mobile.......
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 20:14
    Originally posted by ResigningSoon
    Please don't fill this thread up with senseless crap. Make a new thread called 'tomtom sucks' or something and let it out there. And to make this post not a complete waste of time, I guess I'll do some analysis again since its been a long while.

35...Nc3 36.Kd2 Nxa2(I suppose this is the idea.) 37.c3 and our knight is effectively trapped.

Let's ...[text shortened]... h-pawns. Someone else can look at it though 'cause I'm done for now.
    I've been looking at that draw.
    After 40.Re4 Nxf3 41.Ne6+ fxe6 42.Rxe4 Nxg5 43.Rxa7+ Kf6 this a crucial spot. The "natural" move would be 44.Kb3 but that allows 44...Kf5 45.a4 h4 46.Ra8 Nf7 47.a5 h3 48.Rf8 Kf6 49.a6 h2 50.a7 h1(Q) 51.a8(Q) 52.Qb1+

I can't find anything for us after 44.Kc2 though. 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree