1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 03:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yannis dude, awesome, how are you my friend, its really good to actually be on the same side of your Sicilian rather than the receiving end 😀
    Oh rrrbyrob, so I 'm the second Greek to whose superb Sicilian you are forced to bow; and soon we 'll come by numbers straight from Palermo, so sic as ye gie, sic wull ye get. History evolves in circles and still I mentioned not the other Sicilian Goliath, tomtom; aye rrroby, gut nae fish till ye get them;
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 03:57
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    If you asked those w##kers in the Spirituality forum wouldn't they say God knows?
    Oh they would say whatever; once you surf a bit in there you may keep up laughin till you die or keep up lookin for a 44 to put a slug in your brains in order to stop sufferin
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 03:59
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Oh they would say whatever; once you surf a bit in there you may keep up laughin till you die or keep up lookin for a 44 to put a slug in your brains in order to stop sufferin
    and why tt dude you went rather for the Dragon instead of the Schevy?
  4. Joined
    03 Oct '07
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 05:35
    5...g6
  5. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 05:38
    Originally posted by gambit05
    Good to know that you are on the team, but do you know that in our two games we have played so far, white won in both cases:

Game 3793152
    Game 3793153
    6.Bg5 was why I gave up the Najdorf! 🙁

You played really well that game.
    I am much more at home in the Najdorf than a Dragon though.
  6. SubscriberMutt n Stu
    K.I.N.G.
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 06:52
    5...a6

I don't usually like waiting moves but all the more reason to see how it plays out.
  7. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 07:10
    Originally posted by najdorfslayer
    6.Bg5 was why I gave up the Najdorf! 🙁

You played really well that game.
    I am much more at home in the Najdorf than a Dragon though.
    Thanks. And so did you in the other game.
  8. Eternity
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 07:58
    5. ... g6
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 08:59
    Oh rrrbyrob, so I 'm the second Greek to whose superb Sicilian you are forced to bow; and soon we 'll come by numbers straight from Palermo, so sic as ye gie, sic wull ye get. History evolves in circles and still I mentioned not the other Sicilian Goliath, tomtom; aye rrroby, gut nae fish till ye get them;
    ah black beetle, Yannis has on more than one occasion given me a lesson from not only the Sicilian but the Queens gambit, like yourself he is an awesome dude, has a inclination for strong alcohol but alas does not talk nearly as much bumf as a scallywag like yerself.
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 12:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ah black beetle, Yannis has on more than one occasion given me a lesson from not only the Sicilian but the Queens gambit, like yourself he is an awesome dude, has a inclination for strong alcohol but alas does not talk nearly as much bumf as a scallywag like yerself.
    Aye, right! Did I told ye ghoulie long-leggedy beastie that ye go bump in the night that I play solely 1.d4???
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 13:15
    5...g6

D
  12. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 14:27
    By my count, it's a dead tie between the Najdorf and Dragon at 11 votes each. I didn't bother to count all the other lesser chosen moves. I would advise everyone to choose the Dragon, mostly because the positions are much more complicated than in the Najdorf, and most of the time more exciting and imbalanced, which gives us a better chance to beat a higher rated player than if we landed in the Najdorf, which is complicated, sure, but I would say more strategically complicated.
  13. Standard memberrandolph
    the walrus
    an English garden
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 14:53
    g6!
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 15:32
    Aye, right! Did I told ye ghoulie long-leggedy beastie that ye go bump in the night that I play solely 1.d4???
    lol, ach, whits this ma buckie, life is just too short for yar wan dot d four, ur yay a man or a moose.
  15. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 16:022 edits
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    By my count, it's a dead tie between the Najdorf and Dragon at 11 votes each. I didn't bother to count all the other lesser chosen moves. I would advise everyone to choose the Dragon, mostly because the positions are much more complicated than in the Najdorf, and most of the time more exciting and imbalanced, which gives us a better chance to beat a higher ...[text shortened]... ed in the Najdorf, which is complicated, sure, but I would say more strategically complicated.
    I would advise everyone not to choose the Dragon!

This is because I think you learn more playing the Najdorf as Dragon is too tactic motivated whereas the najdorf involves tactics and a more subtle strategy.

Sorry Tony
    😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree