1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 16:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    lol, ach, whits this ma buckie, life is just too short for yar wan dot d four, ur yay a man or a moose.
    My precious wan dot d four is a blessed winner compar'd wi whatever an ain't droun the miller, anyway now the bonnie Jeannie off she got an I ll quit the game and stare ya and yer lotty goin down the drain; ya ll miss my wisdom early in the mornin ya numptie sleepy beastie over a tankar o skoosh aye reddin the fire;
  2. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 16:46
    Originally posted by najdorfslayer
    I would advise everyone not to choose the Dragon!

This is because I think you learn more playing the Najdorf as Dragon is too tactic motivated whereas the najdorf involves tactics and a more subtle strategy.

Sorry Tony
    πŸ˜›
    That's what all the wusses say. πŸ˜€
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 17:11
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    That's what all the wusses say. πŸ˜€
    I know, woosters, next well be playing 1.d4, saying, i thought i saw a putty cat, i did, i did, that bad ol putty cat.
  4. Standard memberUlysses72
    Named 'Nobody'
    At the Siren's arms
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 17:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yannis dude, awesome, how are you my friend, its really good to actually be on the same side of your Sicilian rather than the receiving end πŸ˜€
    Alas....Ulysses now is named!!!! And I tried so hard to be "nobody"!!!
    How are you my friend. Good to see your spirits up!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 17:501 edit
    Originally posted by Ulysses72
    Alas....Ulysses now is named!!!! And I tried so hard to be "nobody"!!!
    How are you my friend. Good to see your spirits up!
    thanks, its partly due to a crazy Greek dude named black beetle, he gets high on Malt whiskey, his mums findus crispy pancakes and Scottish folk songs and his smattering of the Scots dialect is truly amazing to behold. Its really good to be on your side for a change my friend, although these guys wanna go through Yugoslavia with a dragon, gulp!
  6. Standard memberUlysses72
    Named 'Nobody'
    At the Siren's arms
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 17:52
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    I've had many good and bad games with the dragon. On the one hand, allowing the Yugoslav is walking into the most tactical, theoretical buzz saw we could. On the other hand, we have a good chance to get some nice analysis in as a group. That kind of tactical do or die position may be our best chance against such a strong player as PAWN RIOT. ...[text shortened]... Sicilian that I have used the most at this site is the Taimanov, but it is not possible here.
    I agree but since there are a lot of tactical helpers, puzzles, sites, blah blah blah to help us improve our journey into the tactical realm of the Sicilian Dragon, why don't we take advantage of the Pauls consultancy and the ability of PAWNRIOT to get ourselves a nice positional (name it strategic if you like) lesson that the Najdorf may offer us? Winning is not everything. This opportunity to observe a rare positional debate is much more interesting. Don't you think?
  7. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 17:55
    I agree but since there are a lot of tactical helpers, puzzles, sites, blah blah blah to help us improve our journey into the tactical realm of the Sicilian Dragon, why don't we take advantage of the Pauls consultancy and the ability of PAWNRIOT to get ourselves a nice positional (name it strategic if you like) lesson that the Najdorf may offer us? Winning ...[text shortened]... his opportunity to observe a rare positional debate is much more interesting. Don't you think?
    Here's why I am for the do or die tactics of the dragon. ...
    If you study lower rated player upsets over GM's, they don't do it with calm positional lines. They do it with the most complicated tactical variations possible. You have to give them a chance to get "lost". A simple strategic/maneuvering game isn't going to confuse them. It's just playing right into their abilities.

That's my opinion.
  8. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 18:00
    In speed chess, I played a Torre Attack against GM Tal Shaked and he wiped the floor with me. That wasn't a big surprise, but I never got any play at all !

I have beaten IM's in speed chess with the Smith-Morra, Latvian, and Blackmar-Diemer Gambits. The trick to beating your betters is outright chaos.

If you want a pure learning experience with the Najdorf, or any opening, you have to just find some GM games with the positional variations and go over them.

I'm not against the Najdorf, however. Fischer and Kasparov didn't need another defense to 1.e4 for their entire careers! It's a great defense.
  9. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 18:05
    In speed chess, I played a Torre Attack against GM Tal Shaked and he wiped the floor with me. That wasn't a big surprise, but I never got any play at all !

I have beaten IM's in speed chess with the Smith-Morra, Latvian, and Blackmar-Diemer Gambits. The trick to beating your betters is outright chaos.

If you want a pure learning experie ...[text shortened]... sparov didn't need another defense to 1.e4 for their entire careers! It's a great defense.
    Don't forget this is correspondence chess. Tactical lines can be calculated into more depth than OTB.
  10. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 18:30
    That works out for the attacker too !!!
  11. ALG
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 19:141 edit
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    5. ..Nc6
    I would say 5. ... N-c6
    I don't play the Sicilian with black, but if schakuhr says so, I would be wise to listen. πŸ˜‰
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 19:35
    I agree but since there are a lot of tactical helpers, puzzles, sites, blah blah blah to help us improve our journey into the tactical realm of the Sicilian Dragon, why don't we take advantage of the Pauls consultancy and the ability of PAWNRIOT to get ourselves a nice positional (name it strategic if you like) lesson that the Najdorf may offer us? Winning ...[text shortened]... his opportunity to observe a rare positional debate is much more interesting. Don't you think?
    Geia hara synonomate,
    Giannis kai apo edo, sou efxomai na min paikseis pote tis kaliteres partides sou -diladi makari kathe mera na exeis oloena kai kalitera paixnidia!!

Oraios o robbie, eh?

Ante, kapoia stigmi an vroume xrono na paiksoume kai emeis kamia partidoula! Kai na feroume ki allous dikous mas edo an ginetai, krima na min exoume mia dinati parousia (peran tis Aspasias diladi, me tin opoia distixos den exo paiksei kamia partida mexri stigmis -einai overloaded, kai af' eterou exo akoma xamilo rating kai den thelo na tin apospaso apo tis partides tis for nothing);

Loipon Uyisses 72 best regards apo ton synonomato sou kai apo tin Athina/ VrilisiaπŸ™‚
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 19:44
    That works out for the attacker too !!!
    Hey Paul dudπŸ™‚

It seems that I have to quit this fierrrsome lot -no Schevy no gain indeed; I 'll be in touch though with the whole thing coz that numpty rrrob kiddo s dead surely able to lost hes pants while drivin down the mountain with his brand new skateboard (he 's a helluva skater); so let it snow now.

I 'm doneπŸ™‚ a green Yule maks a fat kirkyaird yet there\s always some time for some malt when ye feel dry.-
  14. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 19:57
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Hey Paul dudπŸ™‚

It seems that I have to quit this fierrrsome lot -no Schevy no gain indeed; I 'll be in touch though with the whole thing coz that numpty rrrob kiddo s dead surely able to lost hes pants while drivin down the mountain with his brand new skateboard (he 's a helluva skater); so let it snow now.

I 'm doneπŸ™‚ a green Yule maks a fat kirkyaird yet there\s always some time for some malt when ye feel dry.-
    We need you! We have to all stick together. πŸ™‚

Just pretend you are playing white and tell us the ideas you see for that side as the game progresses. πŸ™‚
  15. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    15 Oct '08 00:05
    I prefer a6.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree