1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 19:24
    I am tired of players who offer a game and include the condition "fast play only" or "30 minute maximum game time" and they proceed to play the game at a snails pace and then drag it out forever once their position is hopeless. They won't resign, they won't move until they nearly time out and then they make a move. Why even make the offer if you don't intend to follow it?
  2. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 19:25
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I am tired of players who offer a game and include the condition "fast play only" or "30 minute maximum game time" and they proceed to play the game at a snails pace and then drag it out forever once their position is hopeless. They won't resign, they won't move until they nearly time out and then they make a move. Why even make the offer if you don't intend to follow it?
    The saying is practice what you preach. Can you name any examples?
  3. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 19:291 edit
    my favorite is when they are down a piece or two and keep playing....

maybe if there were still some tactical tricks present but when it's hopeless it's hopeless.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 19:32
    Yes I can. For instance there is a player "worgs" who is a member of RHP and posts a game for "30 minute maximum time limit. 6 hours later I am still involved in the game. He burned 30 minutes in in first 6 moves. He is so badly crushed that he cannot win, so now he refuses to move. Of course the game parameters are set for 3 day response with a 7 day time bank. It makes no sense. I never would have taken the game with the guy if it wasn't going to be a fast game. In all, I have had 3 out of the first 10 I have played here pull this. I don't know why they don't want to follow their own requests.
  5. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 19:34
    pah! A piece?

I've seen people play on with just a king against a Queen, a Rook, a Knight, a bunch of Pawns AND a king.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 19:35
    Originally posted by Diet Coke
    pah! A piece?

I've seen people play on with just a king against a Queen, a Rook, a Knight, a bunch of Pawns AND a king.
    And a king too? You don't say...😠
  7. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    i resign when the games calls for it.

i do it out of respect.
  8. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The Dastards!🙄
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 19:38
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    i resign when the games calls for it.

i do it out of respect.
    I am not adovating resignation, unless they are unwilling to play it out. But, at the very least, they could have the decency to finish the play and not abandon the game for days and drag it out for weeks to avoid the inevitable.
  10. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 19:42
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I am not adovating resignation, unless they are unwilling to play it out. But, at the very least, they could have the decency to finish the play and not abandon the game for days and drag it out for weeks to avoid the inevitable.
    I think people should just resign against me, rather than dragging games out for weeks and weeks trying to avoid the inevitable.
  11. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 19:42
    thats funny.....
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 19:43
    I resign when I want, not when some other want me to. I am in charge for my decisions.
    I let others resign when they want to. They are in charge for their decisions.

I am a subscriber so if my opponent drag his feet, then I start another game or two or how many as I want. The problem is when a non sub only has six games going and is dependent of his opponents doing their moves.

The solution is of course to subscribe.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 19:49
    I resign when I want, not when some other want me to. I am in charge for my decisions.
    I let others resign when they want to. They are in charge for their decisions.

I am a subscriber so if my opponent drag his feet, then I start another game or two or how many as I want. The problem is when a non sub only has six games going and is dependent of his opponents doing their moves.

The solution is of course to subscribe.
    So, you are okay with the practice of dragging out games when it was stated prior to starting that it MUST BE QUICK or SHORT DURATION game? Whether I have only 6 games or 600 games going, it makes no difference to making my point. And, for the record, I am examining this site to determine if I want to join it and the incidents I am referring to are being performed by members. Sort of reflects badly on the membership, don't you think?
  14. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 19:50
    What is your point?
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 19:52
    Originally posted by Diet Coke
    What is your point?
    read the first post. it is eloquently stated. If you can't understand it, there isn't enough time to explain it to you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree