1. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 20:19
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    mine too. but i'm sure yours are more uncomfortable.

i guess we better do something about it?
    Go on a diet
  2. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 20:20
    RHP GOD DAMN WELL RULES!!!

Come on guys! it's time to kick some Yahoo ass!!

*grabs lead pipe*
  3. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 20:21
    man i'm cool.
  4. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 20:26
    man i'm cool.
    😳
  5. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 20:28
    what?
  6. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 20:30
    what?
    What?
  7. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 20:31
    *tightens grip on pipe*
  8. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 20:32
    *tightens grip on pipe*
    That's an odd name for chessisvanity jnr.
  9. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 20:33
    ?
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 20:40
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Actually, I am on Uchess and I was told by several memebers to check out RHP, which I am doing. Since I am new to the site I am having to learn all of the parameters and controls here, which are much different than at Uchess and (ughh) Yahoo. Thanks for the insight though.
    Fair enough. Just remember that games you start on here can take over a year to complete (with the longest time controls). Even with the shortest control of 1/0, a game could conceivably go on for 80+ days, but if ye agree to making multiple moves a day, then you could get it finished in 1.

This is a correspondence chess site, based on the original correspondence chess which was played through the postal system.

D
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 20:49
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Fair enough. Just remember that games you start on here can take over a year to complete (with the longest time controls). Even with the shortest control of 1/0, a game could conceivably go on for 80+ days, but if ye agree to making multiple moves a day, then you could get it finished in 1.

This is a correspondence chess site, based on the original correspondence chess which was played through the postal system.

D
    Thanks for your thoughts. Yes I understand that this is a CC site and I have no problem at all playing long duration games, when I know that is what I am signing up for. I was miffed that some advertise quick games and they are not quick. I am not an advocate of speed chess. In my younger years when I played all of the time and had no worries, I played speed chess alot. However (and I will piss off a bunch of people when I say this), I don't believe that the best chess is played in speed chess. Granted, there are many who will play speed chess with greater accuracy than I will play at CC levels, but I am not in their league anyway. I will now step down off my soapbox. *the masses applaud*
  12. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 00:39
    If people don't resign fast enough for me, I teach them a lesson by resigning myself. I show by example. And if they don't like it, they can lump it.
  13. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 00:47
    Every once in a while I make a game titled insanely quick game, however every once in a while a situation rises in real life that does not allow me to finish the game at that moment. I usually try to convey that message to my opponent, though, but I can understand why people do that.
  14. 1. e4!!
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 16:39
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I am tired of players who offer a game and include the condition "fast play only" or "30 minute maximum game time" and they proceed to play the game at a snails pace and then drag it out forever once their position is hopeless. They won't resign, they won't move until they nearly time out and then they make a move. Why even make the offer if you don't intend to follow it?
    I have one going now that I had posted "Finish today." and due to some personal issues that arose where I hadn't planed on them caused me to not be able to fill my "Finish today." game. But from what I saw he was moving a little slow as well and we just haven't bumped our game at the same time with the time to finish.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree