1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 13:35
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    I've done more game modding on this site than anyone.

There are few things more frustrating than the inaction of the owners of this site when the evidence of cheating against a player is clear, unambiguous and overwhelming.

Yes, on the one hand, the owners can exercise their prerogative, and stay their hand, to do "what is best" for their busines ...[text shortened]... ively ignored?

An urgent, self-inflicted kick up the backside is needed, Russ and Chris.
    This post deserves to be rec'd by every person on the site concerned about the amount of cheating on RHP.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 14:452 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    criticizing is contributing. in my opinion, even mentioning a forum poster's subscription status is meaningless. hang around in this chess only forum and you'll see most people who keep this place alive are non-subs.
  3. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 14:48
    Originally posted by philidor position
    criticizing is contributing.
    You got that from me 😛
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 14:511 edit
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    You got that from me 😛
    uhm, I don't remember actually, but OK, it's all yours 🙂.

Edit: oh now I remember it! You got me 🙂
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Jan '10 19:34
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    This post deserves to be rec'd by every person on the site concerned about the amount of cheating on RHP.
    Done and done.
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Jan '10 20:19
    $$$$$$$$$$$$
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    05 Jan '10 21:09
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    24 is a start, but will it make any differenece?
  8. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    05 Jan '10 21:18
    I believe it will make a difference. More than one mod will resign if the obvious first candidate for expulsion is not summarily banned. If that doesn't happen, the site is compromised. No community can survive where the general view of eligibility is opposed by the hierarchy
  9. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '10 22:201 edit
    Originally posted by atticus2
    I believe it will make a difference. More than one mod will resign if the obvious first candidate for expulsion is not summarily banned. If that doesn't happen, the site is compromised. No community can survive where the general view of eligibility is opposed by the hierarchy
    I think you'll find that game moderation here was severely compromised about 5 years ago when the player in question escaped a ban because of a less than noble decision by Admin.
  10. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '10 22:32
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    I think you'll find that game moderation here was severely compromised about 5 years ago when the player in question escaped a ban because of a less than noble decision by Admin.
    He'd only just joined the site at that point, surely it took a while before someone ran his games through Fritz?
  11. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    05 Jan '10 22:42
    OK, I meant the first current candidate - although I grant that could mean several
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 18:17
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    I've lost to two players rated around 1600: Game 2305417 and Game 2517874. I think those are my two worst losses.
    Have you looked them up? One's been banned, the other has been as high as 1900.
  13. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 20:17
    Originally posted by JS357
    Have you looked them up? One's been banned, the other has been as high as 1900.
    Kknegi wasn't banned for cheating - he was banned for stupidity. See http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=52413&page=4
    (Thread 52413, last page)
  14. Joined
    22 Oct '09
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 20:21
    Hey I could swear I almost posted a challenge to DanVM in the forum and it went missing inside a Black Hole ?!

All because of these 3 trouble makers 🙁
  15. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 20:482 edits
    Originally posted by E3xod
    Hey I could swear I almost posted a challenge to DanVM in the forum and it went missing inside a Black Hole ?!(
    Why would you challenge DanVM?

And come to that, what could would any online challenge game achieve? We all know that DanVM is now capable of beating anyone on this site. We differ on how we think that has been achieved.

I seem to remember that you said that you knew DanVM personally and that he's quite the globe trotter - junior chess champ in Namibia, met you in Brazil, speaks Russian, about to play for an Austian/German team, hoping to get an IM norm in Budapest. Perhaps he could meet one of us for a face-to-face game? That would clear up any doubts about the source of his chess talent.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree