1. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    31 Oct '08 20:07
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    Offer him a draw on every single move for the rest of the game. He should get the hint after a while.
    Most believable is that responding to such a childish behavior he will continue to play as long as possible.
  2. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    31 Oct '08 21:02
    So would you be playing on for the next 50 moves if I had that position against you?
  3. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    31 Oct '08 21:071 edit
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    So would you be playing on for the next 50 moves if I had that position against you?
    I`m not gonna continuing to play in dead draw position even against the most annoying jerks.

But when my opponent acts like an idiot (offering draw after each move, for example) it gives me additional motivation to play for win until it`s possible.
  4. Fichtekränzi
    Moves
    31 Oct '08 22:12
    Just play on,
    perhaps Black moves Ke6 and that position you had -eh-
    no, I am not commenting running games ;-)
  5. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 01:03
    Yup, don't comment. It's not over till it say game over, no matter what anyone says.
  6. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 03:47
    If Hell exists, then Tchex and Korch will be playing a Petroff there. 😞
  7. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 05:04
    Also look on the bright side. He could take the maximum time between moves and isn't 😀
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 07:431 edit
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    Your opponent has the right to play on, and given the blunders (on both sides) made before in the game, he can even hope on winning! If you can't convince him to accept draw (if that's what you want), then just play on within the rules (50 moves, repetition, ...).
    I would agree with you on this for 90% of "dead drawn" positions in intermediate level of play, but in this position, as far as I can see it, even with the worst play possible, neither side can lose the game., so I think we are facing a hole in the rules of chess in this game.

This kind of position should be officially drawn even before the 50 moves.

edit: sorry I was wrong, I missed white could play f4 pawn push for the worst play possible. Nevermind 🙂
  9. Joined
    09 Oct '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 02:34
    sigh. It appears as if he/she wont give in.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 03:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 13:43
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    did you look at the time controls? he/she i clearly hoping that white will present an opportunity for a timeout. i would still take the draw though.
  12. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 13:49
    Originally posted by Zhong Guo
    Okay the position in this game is clearly a draw. But my opponent refuses to accept one. And there is no where to move. Since the pawns prevent any movement. What should I do? I don't think this is appropriate. Game 5586608
    Send your opponent a link to this thread.
  13. U.S.A.
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 14:099 edits
    Okay the position in this game is clearly a draw. But my opponent refuses to accept one. And there is no where to move. Since the pawns prevent any movement. What should I do? I don't think this is appropriate. Game 5586608
    Maybe you can email rhp about this and tell them how your opponent is acting. If you can prove it's a forced draw, maybe they will do something.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/feedback.php

I think we might need a new rule about things like this, that if you're in an obviously drawn game, your opponent needs to accept the draw. This is very unsportsmanlike and it hurts non-subscribers because we're allowed only a few games at a time.

He is probably upset that he is losing to someone who is over 100 points less than himself and he can't accept that idea. This will knock him back down to 1600s, maybe. The positive from this is maybe others will take note of his behavior and not play him anymore. I would not want to play this guy, for sure.

Hopefully you can time him out.
    You played better than him for most of the game, in my opinion.
    Don't get discouraged and resign the game, just to get rid of him, he doesn't deserve the points and that will just encourage him to do this again to someone else.
  14. U.S.A.
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 14:251 edit
    sigh. It appears as if he/she wont give in.
    If there is not an automatic draw after the 50 move rule, tell rhp about it and ask for them to draw the game. Keep your eye on the "claim draw" button. I think it appears or lights up once a forced draw is available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifty_move_rule

http://www.chessvariants.com/d.chess/50moves.html
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 15:01
    Originally posted by Pavlo87
    If there is not an automatic draw after the 50 move rule, tell rhp about it and ask for them to draw the game. Keep your eye on the "claim draw" button. I think it appears or lights up once a forced draw is available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifty_move_rule

http://www.chessvariants.com/d.chess/50moves.html
    You don't have to ask rhp for anything. Just click the "claim draw" and you get the draw. I did it once according to the three position repetition rule. Worked fine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree