Refusal to draw?

Refusal to draw?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
05 Nov 08

Originally posted by Pavlo87
If there is not an automatic draw after the 50 move rule, tell rhp about it and ask for them to draw the game. Keep your eye on the "claim draw" button. I think it appears or lights up once a forced draw is available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifty_move_rule

http://www.chessvariants.com/d.chess/50moves.html
Of course the button has to be always available and not alter since this would be outside assistance (some player may not notice that they can claim a draw)?

P

U.S.A.

Moves
05 Nov 08
1 edit

Originally posted by FabianFnas
You don't have to ask rhp for anything. Just click the "claim draw" and you get the draw. I did it once according to the three position repetition rule. Worked fine.
I don't know if I've ever had a forced draw positon on rhp so I wasn't sure if the "claim draw" button automatically appeared or not. But what I meant was if the 50 move rule was in effect and the "claim draw" button didn't appear then he should contact rhp and ask for their help. Of course if the "claim draw" button is there, then you should just click on it and not contact rhp. I just meant that if it didn't appear.

But besides all that, he shouldn't have to wait for a 50 move rule. It's an obvious draw and his opponent should resign it.

D

Moves
05 Nov 08

h

Moves
05 Nov 08

With the one day move and no timebank someone's bound to oversleep.

D

Moves
05 Nov 08

d

Moves
05 Nov 08

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I'd guess at least %15.

Moves
05 Nov 08

The post that was quoted here has been removed
au but what if his rating went down? i dont think he's waiting hoping that whites rating goes up so he loses....what 1 point less?

i dont want to defend the guy for playing on but its within his/her rights to play on as long as its possible...they both agreed on the time controls and they both know the rules of chess, white really shouldn't be on here complaining about it, theres nothing anyone can do for him. he just has to play out the 50 moves and get the draw. who knows he might get lucky and get the time out win.

D

Moves
06 Nov 08

g
NSB

Ohio

Moves
06 Nov 08

The game is in progress, so shut up 🙂

E&Jay