Moves
    02 Feb '07 09:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 10:211 edit
    dear ivan, sir. this is my first post here--how could i not, such a subject well known to me. fyi, before commenting directly, i know wormwood and bahus in several well known chess and blog domains-- two very, very gallantly smart fellows whom i respect greatly, so all that they say is true. they say it better than i can, but briefly:

CTS is fabulous. you can sit all day with reinfeld 1001 or emms ultimate, or polgars 'brick', but daily activity at CTS will do it. my maximum elo before kept hitting 1590 elo for blitz. but after half a year, i beat many 1750, 1825, and nearly 1960 etc. also, at CTS you can in a round about way meet many incredible persons, of deep and abiding commitment, sometimes willing to share wellsprings of experience. i could name many of them, but all the info is there easy to see.

CT-Art3.0 combined with RHP (here) combine well to contraindicate the speed of CTS. as wormwood says, below, as i recall--and i heartily agree--you have CTS for the high RPM and you have RHP and, CTA for low gears pulling big, heavy loads. you really need both to move a load.

lastly, we all need to apply such sustained effort, and play many rapid games, in my case, after years and years now of 3/12 or 2/12, i then had to move faster to 3/8 (maybe too soon for latter for some--but after CTS you might need to speed up after 25,000 problems; im not being disingenuous--many have 10 or 20k 'tries'😉 and i graduated ultimately to bullet 0/4, an incredible game that interestingly tests true self chess knowledge, since there is zero time for deliberation, and seasoned players 'know' and 'see' rather than 'calculate'.

if you wish to sit with a book between, as we all need down time at the beach or after seeing or wifes or husbands or girlfriend, or boss!, you can sit slowly with lev alburts pocket chess manual. that book is SO smart. i started it in june, and now it is jan, and i am through it the second time, this only with reference to solutions after either solving them all or sitting for DAYS on one problem. no board. just the brain. carrry it everywhere. my copy looks really, really used, couldnt sell it for 0.50 us or 0.38 euros but so valuable to me!

greetings to all. i joined today $. this place is the best.

warmly, dk 🙂
  3. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 12:29
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    hmm... I don't think I've ever gotten that during the 75K problems I've done. all the squares and pieces flash on to the screen simultaneously. maybe it's your browser. do you use something else than ie? one thing that causes problems is the caching of temporary internet files, so that should be turned off.
  4. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 19:33
    Originally posted by wormwood
    you can't click it before it's your turn.

and rahim, enough talk. lets see you do 1600+ on CTS with your magical slow tactics muscle. can't do it? that's what I thought. 🙂
    Did you not read my personal attack on you?

I will knock you off that CTS list for messing with me on Rhp.

Don't take it seriously, take it personally.

Let me get through the 1001 reinfield puzzles. I'm on #50, doing 5 a day.

But 30 problems at CTS with 100% and a rating of 1470ish ain't bad now is it. And I was watching tv, Apprentice-Donald Trump?
  5. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 19:36
    Originally posted by dkTransform
    dear ivan, sir. this is my first post here--how could i not, such a subject well known to me. fyi, before commenting directly, i know wormwood and bahus in several well known chess and blog domains-- two very, very gallantly smart fellows whom i respect greatly, so all that they say is true. they say it better than i can, but briefly:

CTS is fabulo ...[text shortened]... me!

greetings to all. i joined today $. this place is the best.

warmly, dk 🙂
    Exactly what I am saying.

You want to improve for blitz ->CTS.

OTB -> Get a book and do the tactics slowly.
  6. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 19:38
    hmm... I don't think I've ever gotten that during the 75K problems I've done. all the squares and pieces flash on to the screen simultaneously. maybe it's your browser. do you use something else than ie? one thing that causes problems is the caching of temporary internet files, so that should be turned off.
    75K problems?

Dude, get a book or some chess tactics program, spend a month with it and see the difference.

Just try doing them slowly and see the difference!

If you have done 75K problems fast, why bother doing more of them fast?

Have you seriously done 75K problems? No way.
  7. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 20:38
    Originally posted by RahimK
    75 554 and more to come...
    http://chess.emrald.net/tProfile.php?TacID=516

blah blah blah, all I see is talk but no action rahim. 🙂
  8. back in business
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 20:59

If you have done 75K problems fast, why bother doing more of them fast?

easy questions, easy answers:

1) to become even better
    2) yes he has.
  9. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 03:001 edit
    on the whole it works well, but, yes, those times when my mouse wont respond to the move--it happens to me. best is to wait, especially if you are trying for % success, so as not to get a failed response when you KNOW the answer. this never used to happen, but has also happened to me three or four time there in recent weeks.

didnt know that temp files can affect this, and i will clear all temps, to see if this makes a differance. thank you wormwood.

depsite the occassional glitches, for a wonderfull site for free, its a grand place and valuable training--again, let it be gainsaid and please let us not forget for one second--for free and on a large scale of users. dk
  10. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 04:49
    75 554 and more to come...
    http://chess.emrald.net/tProfile.php?TacID=516

blah blah blah, all I see is talk but no action rahim. 🙂
    75G problems. Unbelievable! Do CTS have that many different problems? I thought they had 30G or something? It's posted on the website, the number.

Well more power to you. I would get sick of that many problems. Anyone else on that site do more problems then you?
  11. back in business
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 11:531 edit
    user "clyk" from greece has 92K tries so far...
  12. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 11:54
    75G problems. Unbelievable! Do CTS have that many different problems? I thought they had 30G or something? It's posted on the website, the number.

Well more power to you. I would get sick of that many problems. Anyone else on that site do more problems then you?
    they have about 23K different problems I think. there's two guys who have done more, 92K and 85K, but they seem to do them without any concentration. meaning that neither of them have gotten any better. I've gained almost 600 points, and my progress is quite steady.
  13. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 12:06

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 13:53
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I just tried a few problems and everything loaded instantly. sounds like a typical firefox problem.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree