Searching for an Expert

Searching for an Expert

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
23 Dec 11

Without wishing to hijack this thread but rather than having an expert playing Q and then sharing their analysis, how about asking one of the top players to play against the forum (and then perhaps share his / her analysis later). When I joind the site I think Pawn Riot was doing this (he agreed not to look at the thread where the forum analysed the game) and it proved very popular. K&P or Dan Triola might be good choices if anyone thinks this is a go-er (I would get in touch with either of them if there's an appetite for this). Alternatively Pawn Riot is still here but I don't know him so someone else would probably need to make contact.

V

Moves
23 Dec 11

Originally posted by st40
how about asking one of the top players to play against the forum
Good idea. Or two top players playing each other and commenting *while* playing. So would need to be an informal/unrated game and two separate annotation threads with both players agreeing not to read the other analysis thread. Sort of like "The Master Game" concept. But probably won't work in practice on here. Even with trust between the players, the threads can be updated by anyone besides the players. Would need a disclaimer... would everyone follow it...

s

Moves
23 Dec 11

the whole idea of a game by one individual against the forum is that anyone and everyone (except who the forum is playing) can, and will contribute to the analysis on the forum thread...

V

Moves
23 Dec 11

the whole idea of a game by one individual against the forum is that anyone and everyone (except who the forum is playing) can, and will contribute to the analysis on the forum thread...
I've seen such things before and said "good idea". 🙂 Was only curious about other formats.

P

The Ghost Bishop

Moves
23 Dec 11

Those are good ideas. I would sign up for that - but I'd most certainly just get schlacked about by the forums stronger players. To make such a game interesting, you'll have to find another willing opponent.

Q

w

on your backrank!

Moves
23 Dec 11
4 edits

P

The Ghost Bishop

Moves
24 Dec 11
2 edits

Originally posted by watchyourbackrank
[pgn][Event "Challenge"]
[Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"]
[Date "2011.10.24"]
[Round "?"]
[White "watchyourbackrank"]
[Black "PhySiQ"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[ECO "D39"]
[WhiteElo "1972"]
[BlackElo "1944"]
[PlyCount "74"]
[EventDate "2011.??.??"]

1. d4 d5 2. c4 Nf6 3. Nc3 e6 4. Nf3 Bb4 {I'm not familiar with this move} 5.Bg5 {Want to de s position is solid and we agreed on a draw} 1/2-1/2
[/pgn]
Great annotations wathyourbackrank! You had me on the ropes! I loved your explanations... I got a bit wordy with mine, but its representative of how I was feeling during the game. Well played friend!

Q

rc

Moves
26 Dec 11

Without wishing to hijack this thread but rather than having an expert playing Q and then sharing their analysis, how about asking one of the top players to play against the forum (and then perhaps share his / her analysis later). When I joind the site I think Pawn Riot was doing this (he agreed not to look at the thread where the forum analysed the game) and ...[text shortened]... n Riot is still here but I don't know him so someone else would probably need to make contact.
we had this before, where Paulbuchmanfromfics challenged Pawn riot on behalf of the
forum, as i recall, it was a Sicilian dragon and ended in a draw, was really quite
instructional.

rc

Moves
26 Dec 11

Originally posted by PhySiQ
Great annotations wathyourbackrank! You had me on the ropes! I loved your explanations... I got a bit wordy with mine, but its representative of how I was feeling during the game. Well played friend!

[pgn][Event "Challenge"]
[Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"]
[Date "2011.10.24"]
[Round "?"]
[White "watchyourbackrank"]
[Black "PhySiQ"]
[Result "1/2 ...[text shortened]... nge thats better than a drawn endgame.} 1/2-1/2[/pgn]

Q
excellent annotations, thanks so much.

n
Ronin

Hereford Boathouse

Moves
28 Dec 11

Meh, I agree with Skeeter on this- if you want to play a strong human in a forum match I would ask Atticus2, pa82, Ng3mate or DavidTebb.

There are plenty of players I think highly of here on RHP, I just have seen them get kicked to the back pages in the last 4 months or so.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
28 Dec 11

Originally posted by PhySiQ
I'm not a 2300 caliber player. I was hoping to get a player roughly my strength - so as not to have a one sided schlacking. Those types of games are rarely inspirational.

Q
You got one...... let's see how it fathoms....

-m. 😉

w

on your backrank!

Moves
28 Dec 11
5 edits

N

Moves
28 Dec 11

PhysiQ: I'm a USCF Expert (2031 is my most current USCF rating) and would be willing to play and annotate a game with you.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Dec 11

Originally posted by Nezeru
PhysiQ: I'm a USCF Expert (2031 is my most current USCF rating) and would be willing to play and annotate a game with you.
Hi, welcome to Red Hot Pawn, I will be following your games, I am a few hundred points down the totem pole in the USCF, at about 1750, so maybe I will learn something.

P

The Ghost Bishop

Moves
29 Dec 11

Originally posted by Nezeru
Please feel free to send me a challenge. I prefer 7/14 game controls. Rated or unrated, it makes no matter to me.

I welcome our game!

Q