1. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 17:15
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Infinity with these Site Admins esp. when they weren't looking.

Dave Tebb is the obvious choice.

If it is what he's doing, why not just announce it?
    He may be the obvious choice to you, but have you met him?

Until you do, you will never know whether he is the same as the English player of the same name or just someone else who plays with the same handle on an internet site.

This is no negative remark on DT as such, but a statement to say that you can never be sure of someone that you only know over a website. If the game mod system as it stood was not working then it seems clear that a solution "outside the box" is necessary - and in this case hiring someone unconnected to the website. This thing would take time to sort out.

Your problem, No1, is that you are just not a patient person. The announcement has been posted to say details within a week. Wait for the announcement.
  2. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 17:36
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    I don't agree with you, No1.

Russ' dissatisfaction with the game moderation concept as it currently appears is clear, and so I think that instead of binning the whole idea, he has spent time considering the alternatives - and as such is staying true to the concept of game moderation that is so important to many of us here and the subject of such huge de ...[text shortened]... y, finding a solution to the problem IS being responsive to the desires of it's customers.
    Very insightful and well reasoned.

I would expect the monkey's to fling their feces at you for posting something so intelligent and reasonable.
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 17:37
    There was already a system that did that.
    You can't in one breath complain that the game mods haven't done anything for 6 months and in the next say that the system worked.
  4. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 17:41
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Its not BS. I'm being pragmatic and trying to see the facts through your BS.

I want these guys banned just as much as you but there are certain problems and a new system will be put in place hopefully to solve those problems.

You don't solve anything in life by knocking things and you need suggestions, ideas, improvements that work. Its easy to criticise what doesn't work, far harder to find solutions that do.
    Pragmatism, reason, and logic don't work on defrauder.

He is immune.
  5. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 19:15
    In case you can't read, I just made a suggestion. What have you done?
    I have made suggestions just not in public.

I am also aware of exactly what the problems are at the moment but do not feel at liberty to reveal them in public.

Why don't we focus on what we agree on. Something needs to be done to improve the system for identifying and removing cheaters.

The only area we disagree on is you believe nothing is happening whereas I believe something is going on behind the scenes that will eventually become clear and lets face it that really is not a signiticant disagreement.
  6. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 21:07
    Infinity with these Site Admins esp. when they weren't looking.

Dave Tebb is the obvious choice.

If it is what he's doing, why not just announce it?
    What a blind trust...
  7. Joined
    07 Nov '04
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 22:281 edit

Until you do, you will never know whether he is the same as the English player of the same name or just someone else who plays with the same handle on an internet site.

This is no negative remark on DT as such, but a statement to say that you can never be sure of someone that you only know o on. The announcement has been posted to say details within a week. Wait for the announcement.
    I can assure you that it is the real Dave Tebb!

I think the main problem is that for the job (of Game Mod) to be done really properly, an awful lot of time and effort has to be put into what is essentially a pretty thankless task. You'll always get plenty of stick and hassle from those convinced that the innocent are being wrongly punished and/or the guilty let off. Maybe an outsider would be a good idea, but that would presumably cost...
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 22:28
    Originally posted by Red Night
    You can't in one breath complain that the game mods haven't done anything for 6 months and in the next say that the system worked.
    Obviously you didn't bother to read or are incapable of understanding the rest of the post.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 22:35

This is no negative remark on DT as such, but a statement to say that you can never be sure of someone that you only know o ...[text shortened]... on. The announcement has been posted to say details within a week. Wait for the announcement.
    Patient?????? How patient are we supposed to be after the Site Admins have been screwing around for 6 months? With much hoopla and excessive delay two months ago they said the problem was solved and a new Game Mod team was in place and then they systemically undercut its work. Why should I or anyone else think that whatever they are going to put into place will be an improvement esp. when Phlab says they were quite willing to scrap the idea of cheat banning altogether?

Your problem is that you are a gullible person.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 22:37
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Pragmatism, reason, and logic don't work on defrauder.

He is immune.
    No one is interested in your petty personal attacks, which is all you bring to the table as usual.
  11. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 22:51
    Patient?????? How patient are we supposed to be after the Site Admins have been screwing around for 6 months? With much hoopla and excessive delay two months ago they said the problem was solved and a new Game Mod team was in place and then they systemically undercut its work. Why should I or anyone else think that whatever they are going to put into pla ...[text shortened]... idea of cheat banning altogether?

Your problem is that you are a gullible person.
    How patient? well, about 1 week, I should think.

Gullible, no I don't think so. Perhaps I am just cleverer than you. I can see that after "6 months of screwing around" the has been an announcement with a definitive timeframe for more information. Armed with this information, I am prepared to wait and see what happens next.

You can't see that this is better than not getting any information and "nothing happening"?
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 23:31
    How patient? well, about 1 week, I should think.

Gullible, no I don't think so. Perhaps I am just cleverer than you. I can see that after "6 months of screwing around" the has been an announcement with a definitive timeframe for more information. Armed with this information, I am prepared to wait and see what happens next.

You can't see that this is better than not getting any information and "nothing happening"?
    Such announcements have been made before in the last six months. More delay serves no logical purpose.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Jun '08 01:383 edits
    I think everybody has some interesting views. When it comes right down to it, all we can do is to wait and see what the new system will be, and then as subscribers decide if you want to be a part of it or not.

What other site do you think is better? I believe cheating goes on in every chess site there is on the internet.

I think as long as the Admins are making an effort in trying to find a way to help eliminate it, perhaps we should all have some patience. It is certainly better than not having anything in place! Perhaps
    eliminate is not a good choice of words. Lets say put a good dent in it.

I really enjoy play in the clubs, and have played most of the people in them many times. I don't say the clubs are completely free of cheating, but I couldn't name one that I would suspect that I have played. And I play in a lot of tourneys in 11 different clubs!
  14. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    20 Jun '08 09:16
    I think any system that doesn't involve an impartial, outside Games Moderator will lack both integrity and backbone and will be doomed to failure for reasons that I'm not about to discuss.

This is probably the least likely outcome unfortunately, because presumably Russ would have to pay for this service.
    It's the only system that makes rational sense though, all things considered.
  15. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    20 Jun '08 11:35
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    I think any system that doesn't involve an impartial, outside Games Moderator will lack both integrity and backbone and will be doomed to failure for reasons that I'm not about to discuss.

This is probably the least likely outcome unfortunately, because presumably Russ would have to pay for this service.
    It's the only system that makes rational sense though, all things considered.
    you're wrong on all accounts, for reasons I'm not about to discuss. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree