1. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 11:52
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Was that really called for?

I respect and admire people who develop great chess kills, but that respect drops to zero when they use that as a platform to bash lesser players for the sake of inflating their own egos.

I may not agree with robbie on a lot of issues, but I've always known him to be well meaning, good guy.
    nah shes right, 1674 is not my real rating either, its more like 2300 😛
  2. gumtree
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 12:14
    Real ratings my arse. Last time I looked I had 12 of the damn things. Which one is the "real" one? I don't know and I don't much care, they are all meaningless four digit numbers.
  3. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 12:28
    Originally posted by Diophantus
    Real ratings my arse. Last time I looked I had 12 of the damn things. Which one is the "real" one? I don't know and I don't much care, they are all meaningless four digit numbers.
    Amen!
  4. bedlam
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 12:44
    Originally posted by Diophantus
    I'm a pawn and 2 moves player 🙂
  5. Joined
    15 Dec '06
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 13:36
    Kaoslos has improved a great deal since i got whooped by him, he could be number 1 by xmas!!!

Well done Skeets, keep it going
  6. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 16:23
    Originally posted by hintjul
    Skeeter reminds me of that new chess program houdini, they have similar styles. Not suggesting for one moment that our good lady is a fraud, merely a compliment to our fine mistress.
    I wanna say that I am not suggesting for one second that skeeter is a fraud, or that she use chess engines in anyway when I say I found this post funny.
  7. Pities the fool
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 18:57
    Tell me which of these 2400 people have achieved a similar rating versus recognised humans OTB i.e.

- Online rating 2400
    - FIDE Rating in OTB chess 2400

Instead you have :-

- Online rating 2400
    - FIDE Rating in OTB chess Zero or hundreds and hundreds of points lower.
  8. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 19:29
    I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again: Skeeter threads are the best.
  9. Pities the fool
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 19:47
    Originally posted by SmittyTime
    I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again: Skeeter threads are the best.
    Is there something that you are not telling us? 😉 The floor feels very slippery, like someone had poured engine oil all over the place.
  10. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 21:02
    Originally posted by brit commando
    Kaoslos has improved a great deal since i got whooped by him, he could be number 1 by xmas!!!

Well done Skeets, keep it going
    Looks like skeeter has improved herself a great deal since this tournament Tournament 1679
  11. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 22:42
    Originally posted by NorrisB
    Looks like skeeter has improved herself a great deal since this tournament Tournament 1679
    You went to all that effort to find a tournament where she offered a draw and resigned on move 1?

Skeets may not be popular with the rank and file but I would rather play her, Pawn Riot, or atticus2 over almost anyone else in the top 30.

Like any system that allows the players to choose their opposition the ratings become a bit suspect. Skeets is like a dragon I guess, she swoops down and chews up some cows and sheep while trying to evade silicon catapults.

No surprise the villagers don't like her.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 23:031 edit
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    You went to all that effort to find a tournament where she offered a draw and resigned on move 1?

Skeets may not be popular with the rank and file but I would rather play her, Pawn Riot, or atticus2 over almost anyone else in the top 30.

Like any system that allows the players to choose their opposition the ratings become a bit suspect. Skeets is like ...[text shortened]... nd sheep while trying to evade silicon catapults.

No surprise the villagers don't like her.
    plus her endearing qualities naturally draw people towards her, like a warm fire on a cold night.
  13. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 23:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    plus her endearing qualities naturally draw people towards her, like a warm fire on a cold night.
    Wake a dragon at your own peril Robbie.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 23:433 edits
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    Wake a dragon at your own peril Robbie.
    Sigh, you dont actually believe the propaganda do you Nimzo?

Anyway this is a chess forum, what has transpired is that stating that if someone really had a rating of 2400 that it would be quite beneficial to register their talent in an official capacity has been construed as some kind of veiled accusation, primarily because of the paranoid delusions (i refer you to the text which reads, 'your mates', as if i had accomplices to some type of crime) of a certain player.

Paulbuchmansfromfics, had bullet ratings from ICC or fics, i forget which of 2300 and blitz rating of 2100, or thereabouts, yet he could not get past 2000 on this site, therfore, citing someone's rating as a cause for joy, when it has been established that its not quite what it seems, for whatever reason (again its not inferred that its cheating, but its being construed that that is the accusation being made) deserves to be discussed, for its an interesting phenomena, at least to me anyway. Many of the players here have also stated that their own ratings are an unreality. That it happens to be the rating of a player whom we should all be scared of, like they are some kind of predatory dragon thats gonna toast us if we say anything to the contrary doesn't wash, we are chess players Nimzo, we are scared of our opponents supported knight on d6, but comments on an internet forum?
  15. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 00:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    "we are chess players Nimzo, we are scared of a supported knight on d6, but comments on an internet forum?"
    hahah! that deserves to be chiseled in stone somewhere in the annals of the interwebs! 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree