1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 05:41
    Now she gets even less point for a win, so it gets a lot more difficult to stay at 2400. Good job anyway Skeets.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 09:121 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Now she gets even less point for a win, so it gets a lot more difficult to stay at 2400. Good job anyway Skeets.
    yeah it must be tough for our resident IM's and GM's.
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 09:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I don't know. Maybe if she joined improveyourchess.com she could get to the realms of 2600+

That site has helped several players on here get from 1400/1600 to 2,000+ and one of them even hit 2385, though he is now retired from the site.

If lowly rated players can improve by so much imagine what it would do to the ability of someone who understands chess!
  4. Joined
    04 Sep '10
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 09:52
    Originally posted by adramforall
    I don't know. Maybe if she joined improveyourchess.com she could get to the realms of 2600+

That site has helped several players on here get from 1400/1600 to 2,000+ and one of them even hit 2385, though he is now retired from the site.

If lowly rated players can improve by so much imagine what it would do to the ability of someone who understands chess!
    do i sense sarcasm here?
  5. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 09:591 edit
    To date, there are no IM or GM's currently playing on this site. So, go back to your farm yard RC - probably more comfortable there for you as you suck at chess.

skeeter
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 10:01
    Originally posted by adramforall

If I was a chick with a rating of 2400 i would enter tournaments and become a
    registered Gm, pose in glamour magazines and endorse fashion trends. In fact I would
    be a kick in the bum away from the former world champions rating of a mere 2469
    and coming in at number 67 in the world.

http://ratings.fide.com/top.phtml?list=women
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 10:042 edits
    Originally posted by skeeter
    To date, there are no IM or GM's currently playing on this site. So, go back to your farm yard RC - probably more comfortable there for you as you suck at chess.

skeeter
    and why not i was simply wondering? please see the comment above and farming is
    good and healthy. Yes i do suck at chess but then again you always did have a
    propensity for stating the obvious, so just relax skeety, breathe in the air, i could be
    your manager if you like?
  8. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 10:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    well done, but watch out for the kingshill hes on the march number 1 by christmas?
  9. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 10:11
    If I was a chick with a rating of 2400 i would enter tournaments and become a
    registered Gm, pose in glamour magazines and endorse fashion trends. In fact I would
    be a kick in the bum away from the former world champions rating of a mere 2469
    and coming in at number 67 in the world.

http://ratings.fide.com/top.phtml?list=women
    The problem with you RC, is that you think a rating on this site is somehow related to an FIDE rating. Big fail so go back to the farm yard and practise your horsey moves.

skeeter
  10. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 10:22
    Originally posted by roma45
    well done, but watch out for the kingshill hes on the march number 1 by christmas?
    I dont think so. His boiler is in need of a re-core and a new throttle control. Anyone for Monopoly...??

skeeter
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 10:268 edits
    The problem with you RC, is that you think a rating on this site is somehow related to an FIDE rating. Big fail so go back to the farm yard and practise your horsey moves.

skeeter
    sigh, its not a problem with me skeety as you erroneously claim despite your nefarious
    machinations to make it personal (how predictable and such a crashing bore), for a
    correspondence rating of 2400 is a correspondence rating of 2400 and is gauged in
    relation to your win/loss ratio with respect to your peers, who as we are well aware,
    contain some very fine players indeed, Mr Tebb, Northern Lad etc etc

Now if you dont have a rating of 2400, what is your real rating and to what extent is
    it inflated/deflated and what are the causes of the inflation/deflation? Things like
    wins by time-outs etc etc

I thank you for your kind words of advice and seeing that i have become accustomed
    to failing as you strenuously point out, I may just do that, although the temptation to
    hang out some more with you is irresistible.
  12. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 11:04
    sigh, its not a problem with me skeety as you erroneously claim despite your nefarious
    machinations to make it personal (how predictable and such a crashing bore), for a
    correspondence rating of 2400 is a correspondence rating of 2400 and is gauged in
    relation to your win/loss ratio with respect to your peers, who as we are well aware,
    contai ...[text shortened]... t, I may just do that, although the temptation to
    hang out some more with you is irresistible.
    RC, you really have absolutely no idea what your talking about here. First, this is not a CC site, it is a turn-based internet chess site, server based with no client software required. Second, any comparison with members whom I've never played, is erroneous and therefore they could hardly be called 'my peers'.

I've never claimed to be the best player on this site - in fact I acknowledge that there are better players than myself here - I'm just a little more prudent in my selection of opponents. Avoiding the 'Mallards' to quote GP34.

I've proved - more than once - that it is possible to attain the highest rating on this site without playing anyone on page 1. So, you can stuff it or continue to bleat about it but in any case, that's all I have to say about this to you and to your barn yard mates.

skeeter
  13. Joined
    23 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 11:05
    Skeeter reminds me of that new chess program houdini, they have similar styles. Not suggesting for one moment that our good lady is a fraud, merely a compliment to our fine mistress.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 11:254 edits
    RC, you really have absolutely no idea what your talking about here. First, this is not a CC site, it is a turn-based internet chess site, server based with no client software required. Second, any comparison with members whom I've never played, is erroneous and therefore they could hardly be called 'my peers'.

I've never claimed to be the best player on e, that's all I have to say about this to you and to your barn yard mates.

skeeter
    Although your arguments are not a little tenuous being based upon technicalities ill let it
    go for i have neither the desire nor the energy to pursue a matter which will inevitably
    end up in a bitter and futile argument leaving no one feeling positive and refreshed.
    So 2400 is not your real rating skeety, why didn't you just say so, no need to freak out
    about it.
  15. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 11:401 edit

skeeter
    Was that really called for?

I respect and admire people who develop great chess kills, but that respect drops to zero when they use that as a platform to bash lesser players for the sake of inflating their own egos.

I may not agree with robbie on a lot of issues, but I've always known him to be well meaning, good guy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree