Skeeter back at 2400.

Skeeter back at 2400.

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
02 Sep 11

Originally posted by tharkesh
true, quite true, and a delight to read.

but you know, annotations will not help: a clever cheater will be able to pull out great annotations for presentation purposes.

but anyhow, another skeeter thread for the forum. very important. we all learn a lot...
Lol, yes indeed tharkesh, Smitty is right, skeety threads are awesome!

I have a Germany away national fuzzball strip, its black and gold with red around the
neck, its awesome. I stopped short of having Schweinsteiger printed on the back. I
love the way Germany play football and have adopted them as my national side,
primarily because Scotland are , 'fur de katz!' - kind regards Robbie.

t

Moves
02 Sep 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I stopped short of having Schweinsteiger printed on the back.
well done! of all the names, this is the best to smile about: somebody that climbs the pig. enjoy the game against austria (i am not allowed to comment on that, it is in progress right now...)

k

Pities the fool

Moves
02 Sep 11

Originally posted by Zygalski
She's also been batch analysed by myself using Houdini 1.03a. 20 games vs 2000+ rateds, all with at least 20 non-theory moves.

Skeeter is a very accurate player.
Aha! This is where the guys with their blinkers stop seeing the logic. What separates humans, GMs, World Champions and Silicon Opponents is the accuracy or precision. When you start being as accurate as Capablanca or Fischer then even Green Pawn needs to start looking for a better excuse.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by greenpawn34
Hi kopatov

You are just looking at the number 2400 and putting it in an OTB enviroment.

Look at her games and who she plays.
She cherry picks her opponents which is 100% legal and highly recommended.

You cannot walk into a tournament and declare you are only going to play
under 1800 players. This is what she is doing. It is a perfect manipulat .....we all know her opinion
on non-subs, why should they get a free lesson is her reckoning.)
I think you mean 'she just does not play them' where you were talking about engines.

k

Pities the fool

Moves
03 Sep 11
2 edits

So GreenPawn, if we start cherry-picking opponents below 2100, we would play near-perfect tactically?

Game 8310257

Mayberry NC

Moves
03 Sep 11

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper

If a male chess player came off like that toward people everyone would be unified against him saying what an aye hole he's being. Didn't that just happen recently?

But if a female acts like that toward people, well then she's not an aye hole. She's just spunky.
I'm going to stand with my brother under arms the 'Trooper on this one....

Skeeter is a hateful, hostile, unpleasant, and thoroughly rude person who has already earned at least one richly deserved ban from forum participation. Sure, I'm a newbie here, so perhaps someone could show me an exception, but I have yet to read a single post from her that is helpful, kind, or courteous.

Furthermore, she is a bully who enjoys picking on the small and weak, pulling the wings off flies as it were. She routinely seeks out, and beats up on, opponents who are rated *600 POINTS* and more below her.

If I, as a male, did that, I would be roundly and rightly excoriated. Yet this deeply troubled person is heralded, when she should be scorned and shunned.

D
Up a

gumtree

Moves
03 Sep 11

Originally posted by Gambiteer

Skeeter is a hateful, hostile, unpleasant, and thoroughly rude person who has already earned at least one richly deserved ban from forum participation. Sure, I'm a newbie here, so perhaps someone could show me an exception, but I have yet to read a single post from her that is he ...[text shortened]... oriated. Yet this deeply troubled person is heralded, when she should be scorned and shunned.
Sounds like one Robert James Fischer. People who are good at something are often unpleasant people. We celebrate their achievements but don't necessarily want to spend an evening in their company. I have no doubt I'd enjoy a game of chess with Skeeter but probably wouldn't want to spend too long going over the game with her afterwards.

k

Pities the fool

Moves
03 Sep 11

Originally posted by Diophantus
Sounds like one Robert James Fischer. People who are good at something are often unpleasant people. We celebrate their achievements but don't necessarily want to spend an evening in their company. I have no doubt I'd enjoy a game of chess with Skeeter but probably wouldn't want to spend too long going over the game with her afterwards.
There is no proof that Robert James Fisher played near-perfect chess. Look at the annotations riddled with errors in the my 60 memorable games. Stop believing a lie.

k

Pities the fool

Moves
03 Sep 11

On the subject of skeeter, this loud quacking duck would be welcomed on the blitz site as I'm sure many of us would like to see her show off "her skills".

t

Moves
03 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by kopatov
There is no proof that Robert James Fisher played near-perfect chess.
and the troll strikes again...

diophantus said 'People who are good at chess...'. You mix up things and make it sound like diophantus believes, fischer played near-perfect chess.

if you try to step into the footsteps of skeeter forumwise, you should be more exact in your flaming of others.

otherwise you just loose credibility. and that is a pitty, because some of your posts showed you have really nice insights into some games of chess. i like to read more of that, not the trolling part...

k

Pities the fool

Moves
03 Sep 11

t

Moves
03 Sep 11
3 edits

The post that was quoted here has been removed
ok, the idea of this 'comparison' is as follows:

fischer is good at something. skeeter is good at something. fischer is an unpleasant person. skeeter is an unpleasant person.

comparisons on that level are reasonable. you can also compare fischer and me: he was really good at chess, i am not.

edit: by that reasoning i hereby claim the title of 'madman'. ha!

k

Pities the fool

Moves
03 Sep 11

ok, the idea of this 'comparison' is as follows:

fischer is good at something. skeeter is good at something. fischer is an unpleasant person. skeeter is an unpleasant person.

comparisons on that level are reasonable. you can also compare fischer and me: he was really good at chess, i am not.
The people on chess.com were/are good at something too, they were on top in a swimming pool full of ducks, strong OTB players, cheats etc. We all know they were good at "something".

rc

Moves
03 Sep 11
3 edits

Originally posted by Gambiteer

Skeeter is a hateful, hostile, unpleasant, and thoroughly rude person who has already earned at least one richly deserved ban from forum participation. Sure, I'm a newbie here, so perhaps someone could show me an exception, but I have yet to read a single post from her that is he ...[text shortened]... oriated. Yet this deeply troubled person is heralded, when she should be scorned and shunned.
I tend to see her as soft and vulnerable, the hard exterior is simply a façade, a
barrier, a protective mechanism if you like to prevent from being hurt by others.
She's like a chocolate éclair sweet, hard toffee on the outside and soft caramel
inside. If we continue to persecute her we are all simply bricks in the wall 🙂

Moves
03 Sep 11

but you know, annotations will not help: a clever cheater will be able to pull out great annotations for presentation purposes.
I doubt that. Accurate annotations, yes; but good ones? Engines will help you spot the right move, but a good annotation explains why it is the right move, not just which moves could follow it. The distinction is often overlooked these days, when so many games get published where the comments boil down to little more than "Rybka does not like this line" or "according to Shredder, choosing move A over move B gives you +.14 of a pawn and -d8 SAN". Compare those to the explanations of the great teachers of yesteryear, like Euwe or Reti, and taste the difference.

Richard