Skeeter has gone.

Skeeter has gone.

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by Kegge
I didn't challenge your analyses. I challenge your FACT that the game mods informed you she is an engine user. I don't believe it.
I have Batch Analyzer which is a program developed by an ex-game mod.
I performed analysis on skeeter using it & found extremely high match rates for him/her.
Skeeter was the #1 highest rated player for a while. Do you reckon the Mods didn't investigate skeeter? LMAO!

Knowing all these things, what good reason do you think I have to lie about skeeter being reported to admin by game mods?
You may not be aware, but they reported Weyerstrass to staff several years before he got his ban.

Gatecrasher even posted a plea to Russ in the open forums to support the Mods & not ignore or act randomly on the evidence they collected.
All these things support what I've said, but live in your alternate reality if it pleases you.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
05 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Zygalski
Erm...
No.
Usually messages from game mods about information they have start with "Between you and me". Mine did anyway.

Moves
05 Jan 12

I have Batch Analyzer which is a program developed by an ex-game mod.
I performed analysis on skeeter using it & found extremely high match rates for him/her.
Skeeter was the #1 highest rated player for a while. Do you reckon the Mods didn't investigate skeeter? LMAO!

Knowing all these things, what good reason do you think I have to lie about skeeter ...[text shortened]... All these things support what I've said, but live in your alternate reality if it pleases you.
Jeez, can you actually read?

I doubt, don't believe, that a game mod personally informed you about Skeeter being an engine user. If game mods shared this info with mere members like yourself than I applaud that the game mods are relieved from there duties.

I do not know Skeeter used an engine. I doubt it because I do believe she has been investigated and in 8 years she wasn't banned. This time she, probably, has been banned for her behaviour in this forum and not because of presumed engine use.

Your claim you have a program which proves she is a engine user doesn't mean doodaa to me because I am no nearly good enough a chess player to grasp these things.

I have been told by people that she most definitely is not a engine user, this by people who, like you, claim to be knowledgeable.

However, you also are just a online persona claiming "facts". There are no "facts" on these forums. Sorry for not taking your word for it sis.

Z

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Usually messages from game mods about information they have start with "Between you and me". Mine did anyway.
Well there are some extenuating circumstances:

In this instance I wasn't explicitly told not to mention this fact to anyone.
I haven't named the mod.
The Mods are disbanded & some have stopped using the site.
The reported suspect has been banned from site - albeit for harassing another member.

I don't see how naming the (former?) game mod would benefit anyone and the very least I owe that person is anonymity.

w

on your backrank!

Moves
05 Jan 12

when my girlfriends tell me a secret they always start out with a "between you & me"

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by Kegge

Your claim you have a program which proves she is a engine user doesn't mean doodaa to me because I am no nearly good enough a chess player to grasp these things.
here's a thought then: don't randomly pick strong opinions over things you don't grasp.

should be obvious, really.

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by wormwood
here's a thought then: don't randomly pick strong opinions over things you don't grasp.

Talk to the hand bozo.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
05 Jan 12

To be fair he's not talking about engine analysis and isn't contesting whether or not Skeeter was an engine user. He's talking about divulging information and whether or not the now disbanded game moderators should have been passing on information to friends. I'm not expressing an opinion on that but you're jumping on his back for the wrong reason.

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by thaughbaer
To be fair he's not talking about engine analysis and isn't contesting whether or not Skeeter was an engine user. He's talking about divulging information and whether or not the now disbanded game moderators should have been passing on information to friends. I'm not expressing an opinion on that but you're jumping on his back for the wrong reason.
Thank you.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by thaughbaer
no, I got it the first time just fine, thanks. it's just that kegge doesn't know what he's talking about, yet for some reason is making a big scene about it. obviously thinking zygalski is lying. he's not.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Jan 12

Ah yes. The other member of skeeter's clan.
No bias there then...

If you pm me your email address I can send you ply-by-ply match rate analysis for all 20 objectively chosen games. You can then cross check results with an engine of your choice, though I suggest Houdini set to a max depth of 20 ply.
From my PM to you entitled "You're on";

Mine is (deleted for obvious reasons).

A brief description of how said games were "objectively chosen" would help. I don't have Houdini and fail to see why such an exotic and little used engine is preferable.

no1

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by shortcircuit
I disagree that it is crap skeeter was banned. She was a major bully who thought she
was bigger than the system.
She was told she was wrong, and she persisted.
We went through the proper channels and proved our case.
She was warned by the admins and still continued.
She called the hand and she found out she didn't have the goods.
Plain and simple ...[text shortened]... . The rules of the TOS are clear.
She knew the rules, she broke them, now she pays for it.
You whined and cried like a ten year old and got your way. Pathetic. Try acting like a man some day.

At worst, Skeets should have gotten a Forum ban; she's had those before and still stayed on the site. For over 8 years.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by watchyourbackrank
when my girlfriends tell me a secret they always start out with a "between you & me"
I should think so to. Sharing with the other girlfriend could get you into trouble.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by greenpawn34
I see this has spilt over from the Clans forum, a place I rarely visit as they
never post games.

SC may have taunted Skeets with the idea of later embarrasing her.
Poor Skeets dived in as only she can.

As for page 1.
It's the proof No1. The proof.
The mods are struggling v the stealth users.
Only the obvious ones are getting caught in the 3 match up system.
There doesn't seem to be a lot of "stealth" with some of them and a few have been known and reported cheats for years.

I've always had my doubts about the 3 matchup system; why is a 2nd matchup which is a 1.00 pawn worse than the first choice more incriminating than a 4th choice .03 pawn worse? When I started doing analysis here five or so years ago, I considered anything less than .10 a match. I think that's more likely to catch those who are trying to be sneaky.

EDIT: Actually, I considered only moves within .04 a match and still "players" like Weyerstrass and IM were matching around 90%.

t

Moves
05 Jan 12
2 edits

no, I got it the first time just fine, thanks. it's just that kegge doesn't know what he's talking about, yet for some reason is making a big scene about it. obviously thinking zygalski is lying. he's not.
Even though, Skeeter was not banned for engine use in about 8 years.

I would like to give you some ideas, why that is. Read it or leave it, it is just some thoughts:

She is certainly a great chess player, way above my potential (even if you deduct a possible engine use - she still knows more then most(!) players - Weyerstrass was a perfect example: apparently a very good chess player, better then most, but still using engines...).
She apparently was playing by 'her' system: handpicking opponents much below her own rating (but only on average, not always!) and combined this with a few main lines, which she apparently had studied extremely well.
Please put this in context: such a combination will, invariably, give you higher match-up rates. She basically played systems she knew extremely well and then she ground the opponents to dust - which sounds much easier then it is, I am sure.
Also one question: if a very good player always encounters much weaker players, don't the weaker players' moves provoke the clear, winning move? I suspect, that if you play opponents rated, say 800 points below you, the matchup-rates will be much higher, as when you play against a player 800 points above you. Please correct me, if I am wrong - and please show numbers, if it really is the case...

Now, that doesnt proove anything, I know. But it forms a bigger picture, and she at least has the doubt of the uncertain for me. Taking together with the posts she produces, I, personally, judge her to be honest.

Of course, you may make up your own oppinion, I have no right from telling you wrong...