Skeeter has gone.

Skeeter has gone.

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by tharkesh
Even though, Skeeter was not banned for engine use in about 8 years.

I would like to give you some ideas, why that is. It does not proove anything, but it is the basis for my believe, that Skeeter has been an honest player.

She is certainly a great chess player, way above my potential (even if you deduct a possible engine use - she still knows more th ...[text shortened]... .

Of course, you may make up your own oppinion, I have no right from telling you wrong...
Playing weaker competition skews the numbers upwards. Hopefully, the selection of games SB used were against very good players with rather high ratings.

t

Moves
05 Jan 12
4 edits

Originally posted by no1marauder
Playing weaker competition skews the numbers upwards. Hopefully, the selection of games SB used were against very good players with rather high ratings.
Thats what I thought. The matchup-limits are made from GMs before the computer era - always from games against equal opposition... Skeeters system is violating these assumptions from the start (average opponent rating 1500-something)...

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
05 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Zygalski
Well there are some extenuating circumstances:

In this instance I wasn't explicitly told not to mention this fact to anyone.
I haven't named the mod.
The Mods are disbanded & some have stopped using the site.
The reported suspect has been banned from site - albeit for harassing another member.

I don't see how naming the (former?) game mod would benefit anyone and the very least I owe that person is anonymity.
Oh, well if they didn't tell you explicitly by all means tell us ALL the things this game mod told you in confidence! There must be other things you guys didn't pinkey swear on or spit and shake.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Oh, well if they didn't tell you explicitly by all means tell us ALL the things this game mod told you in confidence! There must be other things you guys didn't pinkey swear on or spit and shake.
you were the one asking for the name, he was the one refusing to give it, DUFUS!~

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by wormwood
you were the one asking for the name, he was the one refusing to give it, DUFUS!~
There were some excellent Game Mods who's opinions and/or statements I would give a high degree of deference to.

There were some Game Mods who don't rate that same level of confidence.

SQ made a claim that seems dubious on its face. It's up to him to provide some support for it.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
05 Jan 12

Do you think the game mod who shared this info is happy this person is spilling beans? Would you be? I wouldn't.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by tharkesh
Thats what I thought. The matchup-limits are made from GMs before the computer era - always from games against equal opposition... Skeeters system is violating these assumptions from the start (average opponent rating 1500-something)...
20 games against 2000+ rated players with 20 non-database moves. That's the criteria.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
05 Jan 12

Do you think the game mod who shared this info is happy this person is spilling beans? Would you be? I wouldn't.
possibly not. but spilling beans about someone spilling beans to me first... there's only so much guilt you can lay on the other person. - I would've kept my mouth shut in the first place if it was THAT important to me.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by Kegge
Jeez, can you actually read?

I doubt, don't believe, that a game mod personally informed you about Skeeter being an engine user. If game mods shared this info with mere members like yourself than I applaud that the game mods are relieved from there duties.

I do not know Skeeter used an engine. I doubt it because I do believe she has been investigated an ...[text shortened]... "facts". There are no "facts" on these forums. Sorry for not taking your word for it sis.
There are no "facts" on these forums.

I disagree. The percentages concerning a players match-up with an engine are facts.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
05 Jan 12

possibly not. but spilling beans about someone spilling beans to me first... there's only so much guilt you can lay on the other person. - I would've kept my mouth shut in the first place if it was THAT important to me.
I love that line from Good Will Hunting...

"You're ALL suspect!"

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]There are no "facts" on these forums.

I disagree. The percentages concerning a players match-up with an engine are facts.[/b]
OK, let's see the facts. All of them.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jan 12

.... and so has Time Bandit

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by Silverstriker
.... and so has Time Bandit
wut

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jan 12

wut
http://www.redhotpawn.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=556084

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by no1marauder
OK, let's see the facts. All of them.
I'm not claiming to have them, only that whatever number reached after analysing a player against an engine is a 'fact'.