1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 01:561 edit
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    you exchanged WAY too many pieces without playing for any real advantage...
    I don't agree at all.

Most of Zebano's exchanges had a point.
    3...Ne4 Doubling central pawns (which are strong here due to their dominance of the centre) and opening file for Rook.
    7...exd4 Getting a passed pawn
    10...exf3 and 11...Bxf3 opened lines into the king, weakened the light squares and made the outpost reachable with gain of tempo (so it couldn't be exchanged off right away) due to the discovered attack on the queen.
    14...Bxd2 exchanged off the last minor piece which could attack the knight outpost, and so created a completely winning position.
    17...Rxf8 and 18...Rxf1 The exchange of the rooks was also correct. He didn't want his King on the open file, so when the file was contested, he had to capture. Also simplifies the game by reducing the material further so that the imbalance between the excellent knight and pitiful bishop becomes much more significant.
    19...Nxd2?? We'll say no more.

D
  2. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 14:52
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Position after 43.Qg4+
    [fen]6nk/7p/1p1P4/pP6/P4pq1/1B2p2R/4KP2/7R w - - 0 44[/fen]

Actually this is very sharp, i think black just gets the better of it after 46.Bd1...

46.Bd1 variation

44.Ke1 ..Nf6
    45.Bc2 ..h5 (seems pretty forced...)
    46.Bd1 ..Qg2!
    47.fxe2 (forced because of the threat os exf2+) ..fxe2
    48.R3h2 ..Qg3+
    49.Kf1 ...[text shortened]... 6 Draw

I can.t find any tactical tricks for black in the final position, my guess is draw. 🙂
    The second variation looks good to me. I will check with an engine but it does appear I can hold a draw. I think blacks chances now rest with the coordination of knight and queen which can be quite deadly, but the knight is currently tied down defensively.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree