1. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 03:36
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Back to the original solution

SUBSCRIBE

That way you are not curtailed to 6 games therefore the problem would be less in terms of 20 games on the go and 2 delete = 10 % compared to currently a third of your total games πŸ˜›
    That's not much of a solution. The problem is that people expect their correspondence chess to be played like blitz, so what you do is blitz out the first 3 moves. After that, the game can no longer be deleted and you can play as slowly as you wish, within the time control.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 03:521 edit
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    I addressed an aspect of this problem this morning in Thread 40878. One of the players that accepted one of mine and then deleted without making a move had a challenge in the open invites. Guess what I did?

I'm compiling a list of those that do it to me. There are consequences.
    This is the main drawback to allowing games to be deleted. Perhaps game deletion should no longer be allowed. Instead:

- Once a player has moved in a game, he/she is committed to playing it.
    - Unwanted challenges can be declined, or simply ignored. The challenged player is not committed to playing unless they make a move on the board.

The main drawback to this system is that games could be won on timeout on move 2. Then again, under the current system, this can already happen on move 3.
  3. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 11:49
    I'm compiling a list of those that do it to me. There are consequences.
    oh c'mon! πŸ™‚

I've clicked a wrong invite a couple of times, and deleted the games subsequently. but then I also sent a message with explanation to those people, so I guess it's a bit different... I've also gotten some invites of mine deleted. it's a bit annoying. but it's also quite silly to get annoyed about something so meaningless. like arguing with your girlfriend/wife about how to squeeze a toothpaste tube.
  4. Stockholm, Sweden
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 12:31
    I think people might wanna play a few moves of the opening first.. why wait days for one move when you can get a bit into the opening so you at least have something to think about. You don't have that after only one move.. And it does occupy one game slot for non-subscribers.. I guess the best way is to simple play a couple of moves with them until the game is not possible to delete anymore. I did delete early passive games when I was new at RHP, but now I'm just being patient instead.. It isn't obvious that it isn't the manners of the community to not do this, and it's allowed.
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 13:54
    Originally posted by wormwood
    oh c'mon! πŸ™‚

I've clicked a wrong invite a couple of times, and deleted the games subsequently. but then I also sent a message with explanation to those people, so I guess it's a bit different... I've also gotten some invites of mine deleted. it's a bit annoying. but it's also quite silly to get annoyed about something so meaningless. like arguing with your girlfriend/wife about how to squeeze a toothpaste tube.
    Read the post in the other thread that I referenced. Setting up set piece games is laborious.
  6. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 14:01
    Read the post in the other thread that I referenced. Setting up set piece games is laborious.
    right. set piece games really are a different story...
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 15:17
    Originally posted by wormwood
    right. set piece games really are a different story...
    I've done a lot of them in the past week and am hoping to do a lot more. But, if I continue to get as many deletions as I have, I'll need surgery.

I agree that other deletions are mild irritants that one can brush off. Still, if certain users exhibit patterns in which games they delete, there may be a problem. As I play mostly clan games, I don't experience this trouble.
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 21:11
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    That's not much of a solution. The problem is that people expect their correspondence chess to be played like blitz, so what you do is blitz out the first 3 moves. After that, the game can no longer be deleted and you can play as slowly as you wish, within the time control.
    I think it is a solution. I never suffer from this problem Most of the games I play are:
    1) Clan games
    2) Tornement games
    3) Games against people I know/rematches

I would suggest you ask for slow games maybe ask in the game profile for a one move a day game then the right person should join.
  9. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 21:19
    I accepted one of Ravello's once and made an immediate move and he then deleted it. Some people are just annoying.
  10. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 21:27
    Originally posted by mosquitorespect
    I accepted one of Ravello's once and made an immediate move and he then deleted it. Some people are just annoying.
    How hypocrite from you.

You could imagine that I don't like to play people who insulted me in the past,and you even have the nerve to say that I am annoying because I deleted my own open invite.
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 04:42
    Originally posted by Will Everitt
    I think it is a solution. I never suffer from this problem Most of the games I play are:
    1) Clan games
    2) Tornement games
    3) Games against people I know/rematches

I would suggest you ask for slow games maybe ask in the game profile for a one move a day game then the right person should join.
    You forget that not all players want to commit to tons of clan and tournament games. Those players need a better solution than paying $30 for something they don't want.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree