1. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 19:556 edits
    I had bullet game with time increasment (1 min + 1 sec per move) against Bulgarian GM Petar Genov. At the beginning it was quite interesting games in which I evaluation changed quite often (in one moment i missed win - in other moment the same was done by my opponent) but finally I had to save in endgame. and in dead draw endgame even without possibility to drop my flag (as it was time increasement and also pre-move option to elementary, obvious moves allowed me to save my time) and that jerk played deadly draw endgame position about 100 moves until draw was fixed!!!

2. The Hague
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 20:50
    Who counted the moves? Was it on a computer, or was there someone (or a team of someones, each in turn) writing down every move? Just curious... I don't often have bullet/blitz games written down.
  3. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 20:58
    Originally posted by davaniel
    Who counted the moves? Was it on a computer, or was there someone (or a team of someones, each in turn) writing down every move? Just curious... I don't often have bullet/blitz games written down.
    In Playchess games are saved (and moves are counted) automatically.
  4. Standard memberHurricaneConway125
    SUPREMO OF SOMERSET
    SOMERSET
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 22:23
    Oh my God?!?! he is a serious jerk! even an FM accepted a draw against me without question when i got him down to an opposite colur bishop endgame! but that is ridiculous the most boring 70 moves i think ever seen at the end there. Shame on you GM!
  5. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 22:15
    So if it is YOU offering multiple draws in a game then your opponent is the one in the wrong?
  6. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 22:45
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    So if it is YOU offering multiple draws in a game then your opponent is the one in the wrong?
    Who said anything about multiple draw offers?
  7. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 23:00
    Last week korch made a topic moaning about my offering 'too many' draws against him in a drawish position that he insists on playing out.
    Now he is making a topic saying how much of a jerk the grand master was for trying to play out a drawish position instead of just taking the draw.
  8. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 23:09
    Last week korch made a topic moaning about my offering 'too many' draws against him in a drawish position that he insists on playing out.
    Now he is making a topic saying how much of a jerk the grand master was for trying to play out a drawish position instead of just taking the draw.
    There's a difference in a game with a drawish position and a game with a dead drawn position.

Duh. 😛
  9. e4
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 23:25
    I'm not to sure about this one Korch.

The GM's and IM's I know hate losing/drawing even at blitz.

If I skin one game out of ten against them they are furious
    and the pieces are re-set before you can say 'well played'.

It's part of a GM's make up to keep squeezing and squeezing and
    squeezing till there is absolutely nothing left in the position.

it's why they are GM's.

Looks like you held your nerve and passed the test. Well done.
  10. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 23:26
    Yeah but 1/1 blitz is all about timing people out - there should never be a complaint of an opponent trying to do that.

Plus, being two pawns up is still a big advantage, even if white was able to hold the line it would have only taken a small slip somewhere for black to win.
  11. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 23:26
    I know about this thread, but I repeat my question, who said anything about multiple draw offers?
  12. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 23:32
    Originally posted by Redmike
    I know about this thread, but I repeat my question, who said anything about multiple draw offers?
    I dont need your questions - who do you think you are? Jeremy Paxman on newsnight?
    There were obviously draw offers made in the game, it is implied by the way Korch is so upset about it.
  13. washington
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 23:42
    Is it not crazy for a GM to try and play this endgame out? He is a GM!!! He should know its a forced draw by anyone over a patzer rating!!! its like someone trying to continue a game when both sides have a king and rook!! Do you know what a drawn position looks like? or are you just playing an antagonist?
  14. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 23:451 edit
    It is not forced though - there is still a chance of a win if white does not defend accurately, the draw needs to be proven- and at a very high speed where mistakes can be made.

If somebody were to make a claim under the less then two minutes rule they would have to hope the arbiter was feeling in a good mood, cause it could still go 50:50 even then.
  15. washington
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 23:52
    Once again I said that any player over a patzer chess rating lets say 1800-1900 would know that is a dead draw... Are you disagreeing?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree