1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 12:43
    Originally posted by arrakis
    OMG!!!

Do you have a url for us where we can read more on this?
    I have some links to pictures of poop that I can send you if you want.
  2. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 13:11
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    I have some links to pictures of poop that I can send you if you want.
    Ummm, no thanks I'll pass. I don't even want to know why you'd have pictures of poop.... but please don't tell me. 😕
  3. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 13:13
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I was playing in the C section at the National Open a couple years ago and saw a really embarrassing thing go down that made me realize just how cruel some chess players can be.

There was this real arrogant, aggressive type middle-aged man playing this poor meek kid, probably about 10 years old. They had a pretty even endgame position and the kid ...[text shortened]... e a 1 for himself on the scoresheet. I'd be surprised if the kid ever played again.
    I think some of the worse people in the world show up at chess tournaments. 🙁
  4. Joined
    29 Sep '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 13:31
    Agree 100% and that could even be the subject of an entire thread: are chess players good people?
  5. Playing with matches
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 13:50
    Ummm, no thanks I'll pass. I don't even want to know why you'd have pictures of poop.... but please don't tell me. 😕
    I keep pictures of the really big ones or ones that leave extaordinary, swirly action DAMAGE when they get flushed. I frequently forward these to XanthosNZ, let me know if you want to be on the mailing list.
  6. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 14:13
    Thats probably true. Very few chessplayers have social skills in excess.

What would you do in this situation...

I was playing a team event 4 boards per team. We had 2 class A players and 2 class B players on our team. I ended up on board three against a significantly weaker team in the first round. My opponent was a roughly 10 year old kid. We shook hands and started playing. He maintained pressure on me for about 18 moves in an open position at which point he made a couple of aimless moves. After that, I had the initiative and his position slowly deteriorated as I infiltrated with my rooks. I eventually got my other pieces involved and executed a queen sack leading to smother mate. The kid immediatly started crying. His whole team later came and told me what an ashole (their words) I was.I was just shocked, I don't care if you're 10 or 100, when you sit down across the board from me, I am going to try and win...

Anyhoo, I don't know about worst, but there are definatly some wierd people at chess tournaments. i.e. we have a nice guy who plays in most of our tournaments, but he never wears shoes... This can be problematic depecnding on the location...
  7. Playing with matches
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 14:36
    Originally posted by zebano

I was playing a team event 4 boards per team. We had 2 class A players and 2 class B players on our team. I ended up on board three against a significantly weaker team in the first round. My opponent was a roughly 10 year old kid. We shook ha ...[text shortened]... ournaments, but he never wears shoes... This can be problematic depecnding on the location...
    Admit it, you touched him in his special place and made him cry. Good job zebano, you pervert.
  8. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 17:372 edits

My opponent was a roughly 10 year old kid. We shook hands and started playing. I eventually got my other pieces involved and executed a queen sack leading to smother mate. The kid immediatly started crying. His whole team later came and tol if you're 10 or 100, when you sit down across the board from me, I am going to try and win...
    I agree with you. Anyone sitting down across from you is fair game.

I was rated as the top player at the local chess club years ago when a woman came in and said she wanted to play the best player because she was very good. Well, you know how these people off the street are. They beat the kid next door, they beat their mother and probably even the dog, so they think they are pretty good.

I tried to get her to play one of our regular guys but she insisted that *I* play her a game. So she took White and the game went something like:

1.e4 e5 2.Bc4 Nc6 3.Qf3 Nf6 4.Qb3 Nd4 5.BxP+ Ke7 6.Qc4 c6 7.c3 Nc2+

So first she lost her rook, then the trapped bishop on f7, then she started crying. But she wouldn't resign and made me checkmate her. After that NOBODY would ever play her again! What a dreadful experience.
  9. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 17:44
    Pardon me for the interruption but is this a real story or some ego trip? Did you read my earlier comment?
  10. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 17:53
    Originally posted by z00t
    Pardon me for the interruption but is this a real story or some ego trip? Did you read my earlier comment?

I do not wish to see players dragging each other through the mud. I wish you had disguised the name of the player you are making allegations against. It is bad enough to name him yet you proceed and expose him as some kind of speed chess freak/hustler.
    What's wrong with exposing a bad sport/hustler? Maybe I shouldn't expose the name of a store that sells me shoddy goods because I would be dragging them through the mud?

Staying silent is the best way of ensuring that the opportunists among us will continue to act as they desire and without respect for others.

Besides, if a first person view isn't enough to convict someone, then what is?
  11. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 18:05
    What's wrong with exposing a bad sport/hustler? Maybe I shouldn't expose the name of a store that sells me shoddy goods because I would be dragging them through the mud?

Staying silent is the best way of ensuring that the opportunists among us will continue to act as they desire and without respect for others.

Besides, if a first person view isn't enough to convict someone, then what is?
    So on his say so, person XYZ becomes a hustler? Naming people on forums can lead to claims for defamation, you do not need to be Kavanagh QC to know the consequences of libel/defamtion. Why are cheating accusations not allowed on this very forum?

Most of us here are from a different geographic region so telling us any such allegations is pointless.
  12. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 18:17
    You don't dictate to me what I should or should not post. If you don't like it then get out of the forum!
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 18:19
    You don't dictate to me what I should or should not post. If you don't like it then get out of the forum!
    Don't worry, you are in good company. That's at least the 2nd time today he has dictated what people should post in the forums.

Thanks for the story arrakis, I enjoyed it.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 18:21
    Don't dcitate to him which forums he should get out of! If you don't like his fascist rantings then just go kill yourself!
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 18:22
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Don't dcitate to him which forums he should get out of! If you don't like his fascist rantings then just go kill yourself!
    Darvlay you big racist!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree