tactic tactic

tactic tactic

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
18 May 07

Take an average 1500 OTB player, with average chess talent, IQ more then average (if this correlates at all with chess abilities), give him good tactical puzzle books and very good strategy book like Silman Amateurs mind . He solves at least 15 tactics daily, plays two OTB games daily and reads strategy book 30 minutes all that EVERY they. How far could he go in a year?

V

Moves
18 May 07

Sounds like he's too busy to go anywhere.

😉

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
18 May 07

Originally posted by ivan2908
Take an average 1500 OTB player, with average chess talent, IQ more then average (if this correlates at all with chess abilities), give him good tactical puzzle books and very good strategy book like Silman Amateurs mind . He solves at least 15 tactics daily, plays two OTB games daily and reads strategy book 30 minutes all that EVERY they. How far could he go in a year?
exactly 1668.

RS

Under ur ChessBoard!

Moves
18 May 07

Originally posted by wormwood
exactly 1668.
closer to 1703

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
18 May 07

Originally posted by Restless Soul
closer to 1703
not with only 15 problems a day. maybe 18 would do it.

w

Happy village

Moves
18 May 07
2 edits

Cmon, guys, isn't that a bit too much of sarcasm?

Dumb looking question I know, but I am interested in your opinion if you have any!

Is that because of my provisional player status? I see often provisional players with silly questions, but I am not that bad 😛

P. S. I do not have multi account, I wrote it on forum while my friend was loged. We have 5 accounts on same IP adress !

A

Moves
18 May 07

not with only 15 problems a day. maybe 18 would do it.
1111....The puzzles were all incorrect.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
18 May 07

Originally posted by AlphaAlekhine
1111....The puzzles were all incorrect.
he must've been doing reinfeld's 1001 sacs...

V

Moves
18 May 07

Originally posted by ivan2908
Serious take this time...

Your question is too open and variable to get any useful answer. e.g. I could play two games everyday and put no effort into them.

Also, players need to analyse their games and address their weaknesses. Your proposal may hit or miss such weaknesses.

Finally, don't worry about how far training may get you, just worry about doing it and seeing where you go. GM Motylev said he likes to follow "do what must; come what may" (or similar).

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
18 May 07

Originally posted by wakchessdragon
Cmon, guys, isn't that a bit too much of sarcasm?

Dumb looking question I know, but I am interested in your opinion if you have any!

Is that because of my provisional player status? I see often provisional players with silly questions, but I am not that bad 😛

P. S. I do not have multi account, I wrote it on forum while my friend was loged. We have 5 accounts on same IP adress !
nope, the question just doesn't have an answer.

d

Moves
18 May 07

I'd guess at least 2100 if he also analyses the two games played daily properly.

w

Happy village

Moves
18 May 07

I know! It is too approximative question, but if you would make an research with 100 cantidates trying it, you would get some average result I guess.. Nevermind, I will try it anyway!

z

Moves
18 May 07

he must've been doing reinfeld's 1001 sacs...
Which I consider to be quite helpful.

w

Happy village

Moves
18 May 07

Originally posted by diskamyl
I'd guess at least 2100 if he also analyses the two games played daily properly.
No way! I would be happy with 1700 fide

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
18 May 07

Originally posted by Varenka
Finally, don't worry about how far training may get you, just worry about doing it and seeing where you go. GM Motylev said he likes to follow "do what must; come what may" (or similar).
ziatdinov also said something about training that I really liked. it was something like: "I can tell you what to do, but I can't give you the willpower to do it."