Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Standard member Grandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    13 Feb '06 00:59 / 1 edit
    Whats the deal? why pay to play, and join a clan, then time out, and take months to make a move?
    This, and suspicious "strong players" is why i dont feel im going to spend any more money here.....
  2. Standard member Arrakis
    D_U_N_E
    13 Feb '06 01:25
    Originally posted by Grandmouster
    Whats the deal? why pay to play, and join a clan, then time out, and take months to make a move?
    This, and suspicious "strong players" is why i dont feel im going to spend any more money here.....
    I'm not sure what you are talking about? First of all, as a subscribing member you have FULL CONTROL of any games you want to play - including time controls!

    I am a member of 3 fine clans... I simply tell my clan leaders to NOT accept any challenges over 3/7 for me. So you can do that too.

    Perhaps you should read my profile about claiming wins on time?
  3. Standard member Grandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    13 Feb '06 02:09
    Originally posted by arrakis
    I'm not sure what you are talking about? First of all, as a subscribing member you have FULL CONTROL of any games you want to play - including time controls!

    I am a member of 3 fine clans... I simply tell my clan leaders to NOT accept any challenges over 3/7 for me. So you can do that too.

    Perhaps you should read my profile about claiming wins on time?
    umm..im talking about playing all my games in clan challenges, and having about a 3rd of them about to time out because they are taking 2 weeks to make a move, and then timing out.
    Isint that what i said?
    Why would i dictate to the clan leader what time controls i want, when theres 8 or so other members?
    Why do these people bother playing here? It seems a waste of time, if you make a few moves, then lose because they dont make moves in a timley fashion.
  4. 13 Feb '06 03:26
    Originally posted by Grandmouster
    umm..im talking about playing all my games in clan challenges, and having about a 3rd of them about to time out because they are taking 2 weeks to make a move, and then timing out.
    Isint that what i said?
    Why would i dictate to the clan leader what time controls i want, when theres 8 or so other members?
    Why do these people bother playing here? It s ...[text shortened]... te of time, if you make a few moves, then lose because they dont make moves in a timley fashion.
    If you care about your rating and clan then take the timeout.

    If you care about a good game of chess and trying to improve then leave them and hope the opponet comes back. Play other games in the meanwhile.
  5. Standard member Grandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    13 Feb '06 03:29
    Originally posted by Will Everitt
    If you care about your rating and clan then take the timeout.

    If you care about a good game of chess and trying to improve then leave them and hope the opponet comes back. Play other games in the meanwhile.
    oh, ok. Ill just pay $30 to watch people's time out bar turn red.
    WHOOPIE!!!
    Like i said, no more $$ to waste my time here...
  6. Standard member MCA
    TokerSmurf
    13 Feb '06 19:01
    Originally posted by Grandmouster
    Whats the deal? why pay to play, and join a clan, then time out, and take months to make a move?
    This, and suspicious "strong players" is why i dont feel im going to spend any more money here.....
    ROFLMAO - glad to see it not just us non-sub scum that timeout

    maybe your playing the wrong ppl lmao

  7. Standard member Grandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    13 Feb '06 19:38
    Originally posted by MCA
    ROFLMAO - glad to see it not just us non-sub scum that timeout

    maybe your playing the wrong ppl lmao

    I play whomever is in the clan that we accept to play.
    I dont see how i can decide whom to play, when all i play is clan games.
    My point is, why not play the game, win or lose, learn something, maybe have some wins in life, because you found a great move, or a new idea, instead of waiting to time out, or ignore the game for most of the time...
  8. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    13 Feb '06 19:49
    Originally posted by Grandmouster
    I play whomever is in the clan that we accept to play.
    I dont see how i can decide whom to play, when all i play is clan games.
    My point is, why not play the game, win or lose, learn something, maybe have some wins in life, because you found a great move, or a new idea, instead of waiting to time out, or ignore the game for most of the time...
    You have one game where a player hasn't moved in 8 days (and if he did you'd almost certainly lose) and a couple more you've waited 6 whole days. Grow up and stop yer whining.
  9. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    13 Feb '06 20:34
    Originally posted by Grandmouster
    moron, all of my opponents games are in the red. Every one of them, has oversteped the 3 day grace, and has moved into the red zone. Why done you grow up, you little s*it
    So what, knucklehead? It's called a TIMEBANK; people use the TIMEBANK. Maybe 10% of the 700+ games I've ever played here my opponents didn't "go into the red"; they're allowed to right up to 0 (which is apparently your IQ). Looking at your games, the vast majority have had moves in them in the last few days. So what are you complaining about? If you want to make more moves, tell your clan leaders to get you some more games or start some open invites. Other than that, shut yer trap.
  10. 13 Feb '06 20:45
    Originally posted by Grandmouster
    moron, all of my opponents games are in the red. Every one of them, has oversteped the 3 day grace, and has moved into the red zone. Why done you grow up, you little s*it
    Woah, here we go again. Not making any friends on here and it's been less then a year and people are against you already.

    Or should I call these people TROLLS??
  11. Standard member Grandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    13 Feb '06 22:15 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    So what, knucklehead? It's called a TIMEBANK; people use the TIMEBANK. Maybe 10% of the 700+ games I've ever played here my opponents didn't "go into the red"; they're allowed to right up to 0 (which is apparently your IQ). Looking at your games, the vast majority have had moves in them in the last few days. So what are you complaining about? If you want ...[text shortened]... ers to get you some more games or start some open invites. Other than that, shut yer trap.
    Your IQ is in question here, as you missed my whole point all together, knucklehead.
    Who needs 3-5 or 14 days to make a move?
    This is ratings manipulation. Tanking points, so they dont lose as many when the game ends.
    I played one game with a non-subscriber who took 3 months to make his moves, then times out.
    Your a jerk, for trying to incite me with out even looking at the post.
    Of course its my fault for even acknowledging a lowlife like yourself
  12. Standard member Grandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    13 Feb '06 22:18
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Woah, here we go again. Not making any friends on here and it's been less then a year and people are against you already.

    Or should I call these people TROLLS??
    I dont need "friends" Most of the posters here, (like yourself)
    Dont have a clue anyway.
    They like to think its a big joke to post whatever they can to flame the board, or look for a cheap thrill with off the topic, or totaly missed points.
    No matter, my sub, expires in a month, and i wont come back
  13. 13 Feb '06 22:24
    Originally posted by Grandmouster
    No matter, my sub, expires in a month, and i wont come back
    Okay. Bye.
  14. 13 Feb '06 22:34
    Originally posted by Grandmouster
    Your IQ is in question here, as you missed my whole point all together, knucklehead.
    Who needs 3-5 or 14 days to make a move?
    This is ratings manipulation. Tanking points, so they dont lose as many when the game ends.
    I played one game with a non-subscriber who took 3 months to make his moves, then times out.
    Your a jerk, for trying to incite me wit ...[text shortened]... ven looking at the post.
    Of course its my fault for even acknowledging a lowlife like yourself
    It is Correspondence Chess. People have other things to do and many do not log on every day. You cannot expect people to just adapt to what you want.
  15. Standard member Grandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    13 Feb '06 22:43 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Positional Player
    It is Correspondence Chess. People have other things to do and many do not log on every day. You cannot expect people to just adapt to what you want.
    ok, then i'll take 3 weeks to make a move, or lose all my games, go down to 1100, like this one: Game 1748651
    this player started the game at 1800 and is now 1100?
    was making moves in a timely matter, then hasnt moved in a week or so.
    I dont buy that its cc chess. Therse some other reason why they wont move. It probaly has to do with the rating system
    For example, some player who is using an engine, killed me in 2 games, i waited for their rating to get 200+ points higher then mine, then i resigned just before i was going to time out.
    This way of playing,(or not playing!) is just more online minipulation, and i was told by a GM, to forget it, and play some 30 min OTB instead.
    He was right.