1. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 22:431 edit
    Originally posted by Positional Player
    It is Correspondence Chess. People have other things to do and many do not log on every day. You cannot expect people to just adapt to what you want.
    ok, then i'll take 3 weeks to make a move, or lose all my games, go down to 1100, like this one: Game 1748651
    this player started the game at 1800 and is now 1100?
    was making moves in a timely matter, then hasnt moved in a week or so.
    I dont buy that its cc chess. Therse some other reason why they wont move. It probaly has to do with the rating system
    For example, some player who is using an engine, killed me in 2 games, i waited for their rating to get 200+ points higher then mine, then i resigned just before i was going to time out.
    This way of playing,(or not playing!) is just more online minipulation, and i was told by a GM, to forget it, and play some 30 min OTB instead.
    He was right.
  2. Belfast
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 22:54
    Originally posted by Grandmouster
    ok, then i'll take 3 weeks to make a move, or lose all my games, go down to 1100, like this one: Game 1748651
    I dont buy that its cc chess. Therse some other reason why they wont move. It probaly has to do with the ratin ...[text shortened]... lation, and i was told by a GM, to forget it, and play some 30 min OTB instead.
    He was right.
    Life is not always fair.

If you don't like it, just stop.
  3. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 22:55
    Therse some other reason why they wont move. It probaly has to do with the rating system
    For example, some player who is using an engine, killed me in 2 games, i waited for their rating to get 200+ points higher then mine, then i resigned just befreo i was going to time out.
    This way of playing is just more online minipulation, and i was told by a GM, to forget it, and play some 30 min OTB instead.
    He was right.
    Yes. A brilliant ruse. Losing 700 points JUST to annoy you.

It's big of you to admit that you are obsessed by ratings.

It's a bold decision to leave and I respect the fact you are doing it with quiet dignity.

Your mind is made up. You obviously can't be dissuaded.

Bye.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 00:22
    I dont buy that its cc chess. Therse some other reason why they wont move. It probaly has to do with the ratin ...[text shortened]... lation, and i was told by a GM, to forget it, and play some 30 min OTB instead.
    He was right.
    That's one game, jerk. Be happy if he's times out, since if he keeps moving you'll lose.
  5. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 00:35
    He was right.
    OO, you got bad luck. That person is just like that. You should have look at his rating graph before hand or asked people about him before playing him.

BTW, need I remind you of the shaker, Grandmouster game? A little someone was chewing up the timebank when it was his move 🙂
  6. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 02:24

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 10:22
    He was right.
    To me, the rating graph doesn't look that suspicious. Does not look to me like rating manipulation. I have played ItsYouThatIAdore before and he/she totally annihilated me while playing quite quickly. The recent decline might be due to other things in life taking up his/her time.

There is nothing to stop people from finishing a large number of games or taking time over there games when things in life become a bit too much. This could also result in some games getting timed out.
  8. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 14:12
    Originally posted by lausey
    To me, the rating graph doesn't look that suspicious. Does not look to me like rating manipulation. I have played ItsYouThatIAdore before and he/she totally annihilated me while playing quite quickly. The recent decline might be due to other things in life taking up his/her time.

There is nothing to stop people from finishing a large number of games or tak ...[text shortened]... n things in life become a bit too much. This could also result in some games getting timed out.
    how do you lose 700 points in one week?
    And if you got killed by this person, why are they 1100 now?
  9. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 15:01
    You can lose a lot of points within a week if you are timed out a load of games within that week. That doesn't prove that a person used up all his/her time back over a number of games, it just means that week could have been busy for things outside of chess. Infact, if the person was dragging on games to use up all the timebank and then got timed out, then there would be a more gradual decline because the games would be getting timed out over a longer period.

That person obviously has a much higher rating, hence beaten me easily. Before February he/she had a rating that was consistently within a 200 point range. It has only been recently it has suddenly dropped off.

Does this suggest the player is suspicious? I don't think so. It would be suspicious if the person got first beaten by very low rated players (and I mean beaten by either checkmate or resigning because of an inevitable loss) and then suddenly jump up to 2000.
  10. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 15:19
    He had a massive game load. Miss one week, get time out in dozens of games, lose hundreds of points.

What are you suggesting he had to _gain_ by doing this?

I've played Itisyouthatiadore and we split our games 1/1. They were good games but there were mistakes on both sides, in both games. He is a better player than me but far from invincible and CLEARLY not a cheat.

Anyway, you have made your point and said you were leaving. So I guess it doesn't matter now, does it?

I hope you find a better home for your obsession. I also hope you learn to put things in perspective.
  11. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 18:55
    Originally posted by dottewell
    He had a massive game load. Miss one week, get time out in dozens of games, lose hundreds of points.

What are you suggesting he had to _gain_ by doing this?

I've played Itisyouthatiadore and we split our games 1/1. They were good games but there were mistakes on both sides, in both games. He is a better player than me but far from invincible and CLEA ...[text shortened]... you find a better home for your obsession. I also hope you learn to put things in perspective.
    I trust that if you ask around about ITYOU_________ you will hear that this isn't the first time he has lost 800+ points. It's sort of a "habit".
  12. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 20:01
    Originally posted by RahimK
    I trust that if you ask around about ITYOU_________ you will hear that this isn't the first time he has lost 800+ points. It's sort of a "habit".
    So what? That's his right.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 20:07
    So what? That's his right.
    It's rude to other players to mass resign and/or be timed out. He's done it before, that makes him an impolite jerk. People are here to play chess and you have some responsibility to finish your games. If you think you might have problems finishing games, don't take 100-150 on at a time.
  14. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 20:14
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It's rude to other players to mass resign and/or be timed out. He's done it before, that makes him an impolite jerk. People are here to play chess and you have some responsibility to finish your games. If you think you might have problems finishing games, don't take 100-150 on at a time.
    Can't agree. If it was OTB, he could resign when he wanted. You might be surprised, but I doubt you would complain.

It's not like his games were all against the same person. And many people here _love_ timing out higher-rated opponents.

You only have a responsibility to finish your games if you are playing for a clan.

Besides which, no one knows why he resigned all his games on this occasion or any previous occasion.

He times out, you win, you move on. It just isn't a big deal. And the idea that this is some kind of ratings ruse is just ludicrous.
  15. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 22:43
    Can't agree. If it was OTB, he could resign when he wanted. You might be surprised, but I doubt you would complain.

It's not like his games were all against the same person. And many people here _love_ timing out higher-rated opponents.

You only have a responsibility to finish your games if you are playing for a clan.

Besides which, no one knows w ...[text shortened]... just isn't a big deal. And the idea that this is some kind of ratings ruse is just ludicrous.
    I'm not sayign anything about him, I just wouldn't play him because of this.

As for what you wrote, he times out, you win, move on.

You play hard to beat him, and get what, 3 measley points compared to say like 14, 15 that you deserve if his rating didnt' drop 800+ points? How would you like it? I wouldn't appreciate it.
    What if his rating dropped so much that you get nothing when you were suppose to get some points?

That's all I gotta say.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree