1. back in business
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 16:53
    Originally posted by eldragonfly
    what ARE you talking about..
    im talking about your future behind the bars.

obviously doh!
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 16:571 edit
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    im talking about your future behind the bars.

obviously doh!
    I guess the military service was indeed...how shall I put it...

...complete.
  3. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 17:00
    Originally posted by NorrisB
    Couldnt this qualify as 3c material?
    If this would be qualified as 3c material then eldragonfly would be banned for a long time ago 🙂
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 18:13
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    Yep, if you recognize him for what he is, he can be entertaining.

If I jump into a snake pit and get bitten, I don't blame the snakes for biting me. I blame myself for jumping into the pit. 😀
    hey, the mans mum was Scottish, from Greenock, what a legend!
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 19:263 edits
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Its a no brainer really.

I won't have to read any more pointless inflamatory forum posts by User 37797.

[b]Who needs another reason?
    [/b]
    There will always be some annoying and mean idiot incapable of rational thinking. Don't let them get to you. They may be backed into a corner and proven wrong but they'll be too stupid to realize it. Thus, even if you are correct, they won't know it and won't stop. Treat it as entertainment.

Eldragonfly's posts are rigidly scripted inflammatory denunciations coupled with misinterpretation. They lack any argument or logic and butcher the English language. I remarked all this on pages 8 & 9 in the original "tell me why..." thread). He has constantly proven me right. The funny thing is that even in response to my complaint, he used the exact words I remarked as being typical of his script and continued acting in the same way (ignoring my inconvenient points). He wrote: "you're a long long way from making a case for your unfortunate and silly statements." Recent posts are similar. For example, he continues: "kbaumen your thick metaphor is rather silly." Of course, he never explains why or shows even the faintest glimmer of intelligence. When pressed, he simply spews a few ad hominems (while hypocritically complaining about nonexistent ad hominems) and calls kbaumen "functionally illiterate." Most people stop digging when they're in a hole. Eldragonfly digs deeper and more vigorously. It's hard to imagine he's even human. I could probably write a program to act like him and no one would know the difference. It shouldn't be that complicated. After all, it's not like it would need to pass the Turing test.
  6. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 19:35
    Originally posted by exigentsky
    There will always be some annoying and mean idiot incapable of rational thinking. Don't let them get to you. They may be backed into a corner and proven clearly wrong but they'll be too stupid to realize it. Thus, even if you are correct they won't know it and won't stop. Treat it as entertainment.

Eldragonfly's posts are rigidly scripted and inflamma ...[text shortened]... hat complicated. After all, it's not like it would need to pass the Turing test.
    Entertainment definitely. Did you read the thread in P&P about the Three Cards Trick, that probability question? Now that was an amazing thread. Seven hundred pages full with ad hominems, red herrings and other atrocities by functionally illiterate people. Simply amazing stuff.
  7. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 19:36
    Originally posted by exigentsky
    There will always be some annoying and mean idiot incapable of rational thinking.
    precisely.
  8. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 19:38
    Originally posted by kbaumen
    Entertainment definitely. Did you read the thread in P&P about the Three Cards Trick, that probability question? Now that was an amazing thread. Seven hundred pages full with ad hominems, red herrings and other atrocities by functionally illiterate people. Simply amazing stuff.
    and kbaumnut thanks for illustrating the fact that commonsense is indeed a rare commodity around these boards. 😵
  9. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 19:52
    Originally posted by eldragonfly
    and kbaumnut thanks for illustrating the fact that commonsense is indeed a rare commodity around these boards. 😵
    What is commonsense then?
  10. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 20:151 edit
    Honestly, I enjoy the forums here for exactly this reason. There are some extremely intelligent people alongside some nitwits and pseudo-smarties. It is refreshing and entertaining to watch these battles of wit when true intelligence is involved. Not that I am saying the user in question here is so endowed... its left up to debate I guess. 🙂

Edit: sometimes it is annoying, at which point I stop paying attention.
  11. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 20:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    hey, the mans mum was Scottish, from Greenock, what a legend!
    You shouldn't talk about your mama like that robbie, it makes you look stoopid and indecent.
  12. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 20:21
    I think he meant stupid.🙄
  13. London
    Moves
    09 Jul '08 13:023 edits
    For a reason I can't explain I don't believe elgragonfly is stupid. If the forum were flooded with posts of this nature then yes I'd agree it would be a waste of time checking in here. Intelligent reasoned argument is popular here and on many occasions the posts I've read have help helped to change or form my own opinions.

Meeting eldragonfly here was something different. First time I came across eldragonfly I was quite taken back...and had cause too think and reflect on one of my own posts and the nature of my posts in general. When I discovered the fact that s/he sprays out contentious posts possibly to all comers then I was quite relieved that it wasn't just me.

Trying to attack eldragonfly reminds me of the old Sci Fi films where they fire guns at a creature only to discover the guns are ineffective. Or like something similar that happens in Star Trek from time to time with their phazer thingys.

In the case of eldragonfly intelligent reasoned argument seems futile. Not because eldragonfly is stupid but because he refuses to be bound by it. You can be entertained by it, you can join in and you can fight against it for a bit of fun (or for the benefit of people who are new).

But - if it bothers you - ignore it.

Having said that I was amused by this comment in an earlier post by existgency: - "I could probably write a program to act like him and no one would know the difference."

This clever and funny comment raises the idea that there is a lot of repetition (I haven't read enough to know) in eldragonfly's notes. If that is the case then it suggests a lack of creativity and I'm probably giving eldragonfly too positive a review.
  14. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    09 Jul '08 13:56
    Originally posted by Mahout
    For a reason I can't explain I don't believe elgragonfly is stupid. If the forum were flooded with posts of this nature then yes I'd agree it would be a waste of time checking in here. Intelligent reasoned argument is popular here and on many occasions the posts I've read have help helped to change or form my own opinions.

Meeting eldragonfly here was som ...[text shortened]... ggests a lack of creativity and I'm probably giving eldragonfly too positive a review.
    I think he may actually be using an insult generator of some sort. I wonder if that counts as outside assistance and would therefore merit a ban?
  15. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    09 Jul '08 14:28
    Originally posted by Kepler
    I think he may actually be using an insult generator of some sort. I wonder if that counts as outside assistance and would therefore merit a ban?
    No ban probably. That is only outside assistance for posting in forum, not for reaching a certain result in his/her games.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree