1. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 06:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    wussie, what's wrong wid you man? was it not good enough for the American masters, Morphy and Pillsbury? even that other great master, greenpawn plays it from time to time 🙂
    I live by my Dragon, I die by it too. 🙂
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 07:04
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    I live by my Dragon, I die by it too. 🙂
    ah in honour of the last living dragon on earth, the Loch Ness monster, i salute you!
  3. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 07:06
    ah in honour of the last living dragon on earth, the Loch Ness monster, i salute you!
    all hail the mighty dragon!!

so if the name "dragon" is cool, then "hyper accelerated dragon" must be the awesomestultrabadass name ever.
  4. Standard memberexpuddlepirate
    Exaulted high possum
    here...again
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 07:17
    Originally posted by irontigran
    all hail the mighty dragon!!

so if the name "dragon" is cool, then "hyper accelerated dragon" must be the awesomestultrabadass name ever.
    You left out Quantumturbomatic.
  5. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 14:11
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    Hey I joined your clan by the way! I can't wait to get my "Give your opponent the Bird" T-shirt!

Paul
    Sorry but I had to drop out of the clan. I apologize if it caused inconvenience or confusion.

Paul
  6. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 14:491 edit
    mmm, how vewy vewy intwesting Mr.Bond, why is Nc3 to be preferred over Nf3, i cannot see the value of it 🙁
    it's really quite simple, mr. blofeld. with the Nf3 you haven't really declined anything, you're just postponing exd6 or losing the tempo capturing e5 and Bd6 chasing the knight back to f3. still from accepted, black gets what he wanted.

after Nc3 black capturing dxe5 doesn't pose a threat, as the e5 can't advance to e4 threatening the knight, because the other knight on c3 controls e4 square. white can simply ignore and continue developing Nf3-e4-Bc4 for examble and there's not a thing black can do about it. after white castles the rook is on a semi-open file targetting f7 together with the bishop, the f3 knight ready to join them.

7. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 16:10
    why do we panick on the From gambit, while its just give black a little initiave, it is far from suffiscient for a pawn and almost always become wild complications.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 17:172 edits
    Originally posted by wormwood
    it's really quite simple, mr. blofeld. with the Nf3 you haven't really declined anything, you're just postponing exd6 or losing the tempo capturing e5 and Bd6 chasing the knight back to f3. still from accepted, black gets what he wanted.

after Nc3 black capturing dxe5 doesn't pose a threat, as the e5 can't advance to e4 threatening the knight, because th to join them.

[fen]rnbqkbnr/ppp2ppp/8/4p3/8/2N2N2/PPPPP1PP/R1BQKB1R b KQkq - 1 4 [/fen]
    Lol, it is vewy wevy wevy inweresting Goldfinger but black has some plans of his own, none of which involve an immediate retaking of the pawn. We are gambiteer, we sacrifice material for development, material is of little concern, whites e pawn is not going anywhere, therefore we develop, Nc6, our bishop shall come to either g4 willing to exchange itself for the f3 knight further putting pressure on whites dark squares and especially the weakened diagonal, failing that we can go to f5 pressurising the weak c2 pawn, for our c6 knight can come very quickly to b4, if we can castle long we get pressure down the soon to be half open d file, our rooks can come to the centre very quickly, we are happy and all the time we are fighting white for initiative, one mistake and he walks the plank!
  9. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 17:46
    Just accept these pawns, afterthat, black will have to prouve he was right to do such a thing.
  10. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 17:561 edit
    Lol, it is vewy wevy wevy inweresting Goldfinger but black has some plans of his own, none of which involve an immediate retaking of the pawn. We are gambiteer, we sacrifice material for development, material is of little concern, whites e pawn is not going anywhere, therefore we develop, Nc6, our bishop shall come to either g4 willing to exchange it ...[text shortened]... happy and all the time we are fighting white for initiative, one mistake and he walks the plank!
    for as long as black doesn't take on e5, he's only managed to block all his 3 kingside pieces in. pinning the f3-knight doesn't threaten anything but helping white to develop his pieces. castling queenside behind in development invites a direct attack. Bf5 gets hit with e4.

sure anything can happen, but in the opening white has no worries while black has many problems to solve. and white can even snatch the pawn anytime.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 18:301 edit
    for as long as black doesn't take on e5, he's only managed to block all his 3 kingside pieces in. pinning the f3-knight doesn't threaten anything but helping white to develop his pieces. castling queenside behind in development invites a direct attack. Bf5 gets hit with e4.

sure anything can happen, but in the opening white has no worries while black has many problems to solve. and white can even snatch the pawn anytime.
    oh we shall take on e5, but we shall develop our queenside first, soon as that knight hits f3 its a target for it protects the dark squares, plus in order to develop your kings bishop you must play e3 pinning the unfortunate knight, we are planning on castling long anyway, we have no problems other than to sit back and enjoy the panorama. If white snatches the pawn we thank him for helping us develop with tempo 😛
  12. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 18:35
    oh we shall take on e5, but we shall develop our queenside first, soon as that knight hits f3 its a target for it protects the dark squares, plus in order to develop your kings bishop you must play e3 pinning the unfortunate knight, we are planning on castling long anyway, we have no problems other than to sit back and enjoy the panorama 😛
    e3?? e4 of course, a killer move. black has nothing, NOTHING, mwahahahahaa! 🙂

*evil cackle echoing in the distance*

nothing!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 18:52
    e3?? e4 of course, a killer move. black has nothing, NOTHING, mwahahahahaa! 🙂

*evil cackle echoing in the distance*

nothing!
    Lol, shaking his fist into the night sky, 'ill find a way to get you Indiana Jones! we'll meet again!'.

na there must be a way, what do the masters play against this move 1.f4, ..c5 or ..d5, ..Nf6
  14. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 19:04
    Lol, shaking his fist into the night sky, 'ill find a way to get you Indiana Jones! we'll meet again!'.

na there must be a way, what do the masters play against this move 1.f4, ..c5 or ..d5, ..Nf6
    1.f4 d5
  15. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 19:55
    1.f4 d5
    d5,Nf6,g6,Bg7,0-0,Nbd7 etc

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree