1. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 20:26
    my goodness, in my database there are only three games with 1.f4 e5, 2.fxe5 d6, 3.Nc3, gulp, how can this be?
  2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 20:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    my goodness, in my database there are only three games with 1.f4 e5, 2.fxe5 d6, 3.Nc3, gulp, how can this be?
    oh, people who want to play classical instead of leningrad probably don't want Qh4+ and g6. for us leningrad players it's no problem. well I guess it shouldn't be to from accepted players either?

so, maybe Nf3 before Nc3 anyway, mr. le chiffre. 🙂
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 21:06
    Originally posted by wormwood
    oh, people who want to play classical instead of leningrad probably don't want Qh4+ and g6. for us leningrad players it's no problem. well I guess it shouldn't be to from accepted players either?

so, maybe Nf3 before Nc3 anyway, mr. le chiffre. 🙂
    You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.
    A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood. 🙂

Actually i think that Nc3 is better as well, just because its not so popular has nothing to do with it. It seems as good a try as anything else. i just dont believe in Nf3, its a target, the only protection for the weakened diagonal. i would also consider playing , c5, g6 bg7 as black but i dunno, i been trying to figure it out, what white is aiming for?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 00:18
    You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.
    A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood. 🙂

Actually i think that Nc3 is better as well, just because its not so popular has nothing to do with it. It seems as good a try as anything else. i just dont believe in Nf3, ...[text shortened]... g , c5, g6 bg7 as black but i dunno, i been trying to figure it out, what white is aiming for?
    yip after 1.f4?! g6 2.Nf3 Bg7 3.g3 c5 white has got nuthin i tell yah, nutheeeeeeing! no centre, no hold on the dark squares, black is El Solido, no worries, the game shall play its self, binga boom, binga bin, happy days.
  5. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 01:19
    yip after 1.f4?! g6 2.Nf3 Bg7 3.g3 c5 white has got nuthin i tell yah, nutheeeeeeing! no centre, no hold on the dark squares, black is El Solido, no worries, the game shall play its self, binga boom, binga bin, happy days.
    that's mainline leningrad dutch with reversed colors, my main opening. or the closed sicilian if black doesn't play d5. he usually does though. probably the most respectable way to meet f4-Nf3-g3, if the theory from the normal leningrad is anything to go by.

well, of course normally d5 is played before c4, but the only difference is c5 allows white to get e4 in for free and transpose into closed sicilian I think. this is how it usually goes. the move order is largely interchangeable:

6. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 01:281 edit
    Thank Rob, Wormy, IT etc for your contributions.
    Very interesting conversation developed from a simple observation.
    (I played the Bird's today for the first time and got killed. It was a fun game none the less. 🙂 )
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 02:44
    Originally posted by wormwood
    that's mainline leningrad dutch with reversed colors, my main opening. or the closed sicilian if black doesn't play d5. he usually does though. probably the most respectable way to meet f4-Nf3-g3, if the theory from the normal leningrad is anything to go by.

well, of course normally d5 is played before c4, but the only difference is c5 allows white to ge ...[text shortened]... [pgn]

1. f4 d5 2. Nf3 Nf6 3. g3 g6 4. Bg2 Bg7 5. O-O O-O 6. d3 c5 7. c3 Nc6 8.Na3

[/pgn]
    wow, wait a minute I see what you are saying, this thing could transpose into many other systems, closed Sicilian indeed. The black side looks like a kind of Catalan with reversed colours. wow you say its your main opening . . . . gulp, were doomed!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 02:48
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    Thank Rob, Wormy, IT etc for your contributions.
    Very interesting conversation developed from a simple observation.
    (I played the Bird's today for the first time and got killed. It was a fun game none the less. 🙂 )
    i played it as well and got wasted, it takes a little bit of getting used to, but like Wormwood says, if you understand the closed Sicilian or even Larsens opening as espoused by GM Henrik Danielsen, with an awesome bishop on b2, it can be deadly in the right hands.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree