1. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 10:43
    I have recently looked on the player directory and there seem to be few women players. (or they don't write a profile.) Even though i am not a woman i hate to think that this great sport is becoming to be male dominated as it is aimed at both sexes.
  2. Joined
    12 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 10:49
    Originally posted by toyboy64
    I have recently looked on the player directory and there seem to be few women players. (or they don't write a profile.) Even though i am not a woman i hate to think that this great sport is becoming to be male dominated as it is aimed at both sexes.
    becoming to be male dominated ?

It always has been. Women have better things to do such as the dishesπŸ˜‰ (joke)

I think it's more down to the appeal of the game, you tend to get a few odd looks from people when you say you play chess due to the nerdy/weirdo persona that's associated with it.
  3. Joined
    22 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 11:042 edits
    I think it's true that here are only a few women. But I am one. (Better, I'm still a girl) πŸ˜‰

Possible, that lots of women don't like this game. When I ask a friend or a classmate they often don't want to, because they don't like it or they even don't know how it works. So...!

I LIKE IT VERY MUCH!!

But I'm not very good! πŸ™
  4. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 11:143 edits
    Originally posted by happychess
    [bI LIKE IT VERY MUCH!!

But I'm not very good! πŸ™[/b]
    In page two of the chess forum there's an chess improvement thread. There's a lot of good advices to follow if you want toget better. πŸ™‚

Edit: Thread 67041
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 11:58
    Is it possible to find out if an opponent is female or not? Besides asking him, er, her?
  6. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 12:09
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Is it possible to find out if an opponent is female or not? Besides asking him, er, her?
    Yes, meet them in person.

However you will also need them to provide their birth certificate just in case they have had a sex change operation.

Even then you can never be sure that the person in front of you is the person they say they are.
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 12:11
    Originally posted by toyboy64
    I think you were looking for www.redhotdating.com πŸ˜‰

There are probably more females than you realise, it's just that they don't advertise the fact so that they can play chess and not get hit on.
  8. Joined
    03 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 15:20
    Actually it's not as male dominated as it was, say, 50 years ago. Granted the female percentage is still low, but there has been a teeny weeny bit of progress. But current female role models like Spears and Paris Hilton really hurt the cause for intelligence in women.. πŸ™
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 15:45
    I think there are more ladies out here as their names indicate. I think there are more than we can handle.
  10. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 17:30
    Originally posted by UndeadNightOrc
    Actually it's not as male dominated as it was, say, 50 years ago. Granted the female percentage is still low, but there has been a teeny weeny bit of progress. But current female role models like Spears and Paris Hilton really hurt the cause for intelligence in women.. πŸ™
    Here, here. Western society tells women that they should only be interested in fashion, men, and gossip. Those that do show an interest in anything remotely intellectual are often chastised by their peers. It's not right, and women need to be encouraged to use their brains instead of their hair and legs.
  11. Joined
    29 Mar '07
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 17:34
    Originally posted by AlphaAlekhine
    Here, here. Western society tells women that they should only be interested in fashion, men, and gossip. Those that do show an interest in anything remotely intellectual are often chastised by their peers. It's not right, and women need to be encouraged to use their brains instead of their hair and legs.
    and here I thought woman are the only sex that used their brain to begin with...πŸ˜›
  12. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 17:39
    Originally posted by Patzergrl
    and here I thought woman are the only sex that used their brain to begin with...πŸ˜›
    hey, hey, hey!!!
    Men use brain too. I tellz ya!
    πŸ˜›
  13. Joined
    29 Mar '07
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 17:40
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    hey, hey, hey!!!
    Men use brain too. I tellz ya!
    πŸ˜›
    πŸ™„
  14. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 17:44
    Originally posted by Patzergrl
    πŸ™„
    πŸ˜›
  15. Joined
    04 Apr '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 17:50
    I'm living, breathing, proof that men don't have brain cells. πŸ˜€

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree