1. Joined
    07 Nov '04
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 00:581 edit
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    heheh thanks 😛
    gotta give northern lad some credit though.. he proposed a line in the Traxler Blows thread that is at least equalizing. At the moment it seems to give white about a half pawn advantage but i'm still messing with the line... figure i'll be able to find an equalizing line.
    It's not 'at least equalising', it's clearly better for white. (And it was largely based on existing theory and practice.) All this nonsense about a 'half pawn advantage' is typical Fritzspeak. Strange that you think you'll be able to find an equalising line when the rest of the chess world hasn't found one for decades now.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 00:591 edit
    Originally posted by Northern Lad
    It's not 'at least equalising', it's clearly better for white. All this nonsense about a 'half pawn advantage' is typical Fritzspeak. Strange that you think you'll be able to find an equalising line when the rest of the chess world hasn't found one for decades now.
    therefore the reason why i'm still working on it... take it easy man you'll get your shot at me one day 😉

edit - guess i should explain this ego trip... workin on 5. Bxf7+, Kf8!? and it's looking good 🙂.
  3. Joined
    07 Nov '04
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 01:04
    therefore the reason why i'm still working on it... take it easy man you'll get your shot at me one day 😉

edit - guess i should explain this ego trip... workin on 5. Bxf7+, Kf8!? and it's looking good 🙂.
    An ego trip is precisely what it is. Any halfway decent player will tell you to stop wasting your (and this thread's) time. 5...Kf8? is an abject move, after which black has no compensation whatsoever (not even Fritz's 'half pawn'😉.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 01:05
    An ego trip is precisely what it is. Any halfway decent player will tell you to stop wasting your (and this thread's) time. 5...Kf8? is an abject move, after which black has no compensation whatsoever (not even Fritz's 'half pawn'😉.
    at least one of us is giving lines. the Bxf7+ line is much less complex and has a lot more referencable material so it won't take me long to find the 'best line' and leave it here in the forums for analysis. maybe tommorow... heck maybe even tonight.
  5. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 01:08
    check my edit above.

but yah.. pretty solid for white but you gotta remember that this is still pretty well drawing at worst for black.. and pretty darn hard to stay in a safe zone for white.
    The point is though, that this analysis is from the poorer of white's choices at move 5!
    After 5.Bxf7+! white has a small but steady advantage.
    Mr Heisman has already spent ages on this.

I do agree with you though, inasmuch as there's no harm in looking for different lines for black.
    Who knows - unlikely as it may be, you might turn something up!
  6. Joined
    12 May '07
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 01:09
    edited on the grounds of me being stupid.
    ?? I was quoting the line from - romantic chess openings from zagorovsky.

Do you disagree with it?
  7. Joined
    07 Nov '04
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 01:13
    at least one of us is giving lines. the Bxf7+ line is much less complex and has a lot more referencable material so it won't take me long to find the 'best line' and leave it here in the forums for analysis. maybe tommorow... heck maybe even tonight.
    Yes, and almost all of this 'referenceable material' (if it's serious) points to an adavntage for white. I don't want to get personal, but I'm nearly 600 points stronger than you, and many stronger players than me have found the Traxler wanting. So what makes you think that you (with or without Fritz) are capable within a few hours of proving us all wrong?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 01:13
    1. e4, e5 2. Nf3, Nc6 3. Bc4, Nf6 4. Ng5!? {d3 is much safer}, Bc5!? {The defining move in the Traxler} 5. Bxf7+ {Nxf7 probably leads to the same finish, albeit with better black chances}, Kf8 {I’m sure Ke7 works too, but I really can’t find a way to prove it … yet} 6. Bb3, Qe8 {d5?! Is more common} 7. d3, d6

I’ll leave that for analysis for now… be back tomorrow 🙂.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 01:18
    Yes, and almost all of this 'referenceable material' (if it's serious) points to an adavntage for white. I don't want to get personal, but I'm nearly 600 points stronger than you, and many stronger players than me have found the Traxler wanting. So what makes you think that you (with or without Fritz) are capable within a few hours of proving us all wrong?
    1. I've spent more hours than the rest of this site together analyzing the Traxler. Ratings are pretty irrelevant when it comes to that.
    2. 600? Math class por favor.
    3. Someone help me out here.. and argument with 2 points is boring 😉...

lol .. either way.. lets just avoid getting personal which I'm sure you really want to do 🙄... Just stick to the lines. We almost agree with each other... the only difference is personal background.. you seem to be lacking in success ... i'm undefeated (minus that Najdorfslayer game but I have an excuse.. and a drawing line).

Either way, if I'm wrong so be it but ya gotta humor me until i either find a drawing/winning line for black or convince myself (and probably the rest of the forum with me) that the Traxler is unsound.

And you gotta admit that the line is pretty wild and there is at least SOME chance all your hero's have missed something... not to mention that most people you play don't know as much as you or I do in this line...

okay goodnight bye.
  10. Joined
    07 Nov '04
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 01:26
    1. I've spent more hours than the rest of this site together analyzing the Traxler. Ratings are pretty irrelevant when it comes to that.

lol .. either way.. lets just avoid getting personal which I'm sure you really want to do 🙄... Just stick to t ...[text shortened]... people you play don't know as much as you or I do in this line...

okay goodnight bye.
    I suppose you've got to admire the guy's chutzpah...but he's talking nonsense of course. I'd expect to beat him 100% against the Traxler, but it wouldn't prove very much in view of our difference in rating. In the unlikely event of a higher rated player (say 2100+) wishing to play the Traxler against me, I'd be more than happy to take it on. (I normally play King's Gambit against 1...e5)
  11. Joined
    07 Nov '04
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 01:28

lol .. either way.. lets just avoid getting personal which I'm sure you really want to do 🙄... Just stick to t ...[text shortened]... people you play don't know as much as you or I do in this line...

okay goodnight bye.
    Sorry about the mistake re your rating; a false mouse click to blame rather than poor maths. But my points still stand.
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 02:45
    There's just been a long thread "Traxler blows", which you might care to take a look at.
    Hahahaha....that's my thread. I still get a good laugh at the title and how serious and in depth it got. Irony? Nah...
  13. Joined
    22 Aug '04
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 04:25
  14. Joined
    22 Aug '04
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 04:30
    Sorry, wrong thread, nice win anyway.
  15. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 04:35

okay goodnight bye.
    He's probably got 600 on you otb. I'd never challenge Lad to serious match, he's top 5 on this site imo.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree