1. Joined
    05 Sep '07
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 03:58
  2. Joined
    05 Sep '07
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 04:06
    What do I do with two pig headed chess player. I have offered my opponent a stalemate and he has rejected it. I am White with a king and a rook. He is Black with a king, rook and a pawn. We have been dancing around the chess board with no sign of a solution. Please give your advice to Toda. Thank You.
  3. Joined
    08 Nov '07
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 04:12
    Originally posted by toda
    What do I do with two pig headed chess player. I have offered my opponent a stalemate and he has rejected it. I am White with a king and a rook. He is Black with a king, rook and a pawn. We have been dancing around the chess board with no sign of a solution. Please give your advice to Toda. Thank You.
    You've offered him a stalemate? That's unusual.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 04:171 edit
    You keep playing like you normally would...that is all you can do.
  5. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 04:24
    You wait until you reach 50 moves without a pawn move or capture (a.k.a. 100 half-moves), then you use the 'Claim Draw' button.
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 04:261 edit
    Originally posted by incandenza
    You wait until you reach 50 moves without a pawn move or capture (a.k.a. 100 half-moves), then you use the 'Claim Draw' button.
    or a three-fold repetition of position.
  7. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 04:26
    It's a game in progress and you haven't been dancing around for more than 2 moves. If you want to draw then do it and stop whining. If you don't know how to then spend some time practicing. Good Luck
  8. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 12:04

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Earth
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 13:19
    Black is not being pig headed. You cannot offer a player stalemate. You can offer a player a draw. It is entirely up to your opponent if he accepts it or not, unless you force one within the rules of the game.
    In this case, whilst I will not comment on the specifics of the position, it is you who should be grateful if you secure a draw. And if I was black, accepting your offer would not be a consideration.
  10. Standard memberJonathanB of London
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    London
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 13:41
    Originally posted by Policestate
    Black is not being pig headed ....
    I would agree that Black is not being pigheaded.

I've had a quick look at the game in question and although I don't claim to be an expert on rook and pawn endings I'd say you've yet to demonstrate a clear draw.

I could be more specific than that but I can't work out a way of saying it without potentially affected a game in progress.

Anyway, as Black is a pawn up he has no incentive to take a draw at this stage - regardless of the objective evaluation of the position.
  11. The sky
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 13:48
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Why did you accept the checkmate?
  12. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 15:12
    This thread is an insult to pigs everywhere!!! 😵
  13. Joined
    05 Sep '07
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 16:37
    Dear Fellow Chess players I really appreciate your comments and thank you all. I shall let the young, vigorous and healthy play this game. i am beginning to have troubled sleeps. I'll get back to my books and piano a much safer environment. Toda.
  14. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 16:47
    Dear Fellow Chess players I really appreciate your comments and thank you all. I shall let the young, vigorous and healthy play this game. i am beginning to have troubled sleeps. I'll get back to my books and piano a much safer environment. Toda.
    Hey, it's only a game! Have fun with it, and don't let yourself get stressed out. If you enjoy playing, keep going!
  15. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    19 Nov '07 13:56
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    This thread is an insult to pigs everywhere!!! 😵
    I`m glad someone pointed that out 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree