1. Joined
    28 Dec '09
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 15:14
    This must happen often to lots of you players out there.
    I'm beating a guy who now only moves every three days, last gasp before his time runs out. I resigned our other game between us at a fair point. Don't get me wrong, I've offered a draw in this game on many occasions, but no more!
    I'm fully aware that this game, whilst in progress can't be commented upon. It's purely the unsportsmanship I'm talking about, not the play itself. He is within the rules, but....hey?
    Guess who it is? Our number one player per the league table.
  2. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 15:20
    Originally posted by English Anderssen
    I'm beating a guy who now only moves every three days, last gasp before his time runs out. I resigned our other game between us at a fair point. Don't get me wrong, I've offered a draw in this game on many occasions, but no more!
    I'm fully aware that this game, whilst in progress can't be c ...[text shortened]... e is within the rules, but....hey?
    What makes you think your winning the game. It looks pretty even to me, or am I missing something.
  3. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 15:33
    Originally posted by Steve45
    What makes you think your winning the game. It looks pretty even to me, or am I missing something.
    He can't comment on this of course, as he would be discussing a game in progress.

@ OP:

everybody has their own truth and evaluation of the current position. If you feel you are winning this game, maybe your opponent feels to be losing. It's completely normal to spend due time to try to save the game. Let them use all the time they need until time is up, then click the skull. As long as their timeout/timebank is running, you agreed that they could use this amount of time.

To be honest, I find it rather unsportsmanlike to open a thread to complain about this, especially since the game is still going on. Maybe your opponent is actually behaving unsportingly, maybe not, I don't (can't) know.
  4. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 16:39
    I'm fully aware that this game, whilst in progress can't be c ...[text shortened]... e is within the rules, but....hey?
    Dude......I see your timebank has run down to 16 hours. Seems you weren't moving in time yourself. Besides, I think he's going to kick your..........bottom. Not sure why you think your winning in that game. My moneys on the other guy/girl.
  5. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 22:27
    The game's been going for nearly a year, and you're on move 125.

that's nearly an average of 1 move every 3 days each.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 23:15
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
    The game's been going for nearly a year, and you're on move 125.

that's nearly an average of 1 move every 3 days [b]each
    .[/b]
    To be fair its difficult to make many more moves than your opponent.
  7. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    13 Oct '15 00:20
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Don't be a smart-@r$e 😛
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Oct '15 12:22
    I know I am just a fish, but it looks like you missed a mate.
  9. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    13 Oct '15 12:50
    I am not going to comment on your game in progress, but I share your frustration with players that don't resign in a clearly lost position. I just finished one myself. Sadly, players have the right to play a game out to checkmate if he (or she) wishes. You just have to focus on the task at hand, and try to finish strong.
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    13 Oct '15 14:09
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    That's only a problem with correspondence chess, in OTB games it's easy to make several more moves than your opponent if they're at the bar.
  11. Joined
    12 Oct '09
    Moves
    13 Oct '15 14:21
    Originally posted by bill718
    I am not going to comment on your game in progress, but I share your frustration with players that don't resign in a clearly lost position. I just finished one myself. Sadly, players have the right to play a game out to checkmate if he (or she) wishes. You just have to focus on the task at hand, and try to finish strong.
    It's a bit of a steach to call this a clearly lost position
  12. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    13 Oct '15 16:33
    Would it be okay to complain in public about the same situation if the game was OTB?
  13. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    13 Oct '15 17:51
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Would it be okay to complain in public about the same situation if the game was OTB?
    Good point, hadn't thought about it. I'm not an OTB player.

But no, I don't think that would be okay.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Oct '15 22:38
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
    Don't be a smart-@r$e 😛
    I'll try but I've had a smart-@r$e since getting a severe caning at school.
    (Ironically for being a smart-@r$e )
    😛
  15. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 00:57
    Originally posted by bill718
    I'm not referring to any one position or any one game. I was referring to any game where one player has a winning, or overwhelming advantage.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree