Weyerstrass Vs. Akizy its underway!!!!

Weyerstrass Vs. Akizy its underway!!!!

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Nov 06
1 edit

Is the game with Weyer as white, the english, is that still in book, where black gives away the pawn like that? What does black gain with that move? Won't white be up a pawn forever now? Just on the surface it looks like white gets the pawn plus a tempo because the black knight is under attack so that has to be responded to, like maybe withdrawing the bishop which would just be wasting the B move. What does book say black should respond here? I guess you can PM me if you are worried the players could read the response.
Looking in Nunn's openings, I don't see anything like this opening in the English even in transposition. There are no Q-b3 moves anywhere on that page.

H
Renouned Grob Killer

Moves
01 Nov 06

Originally posted by sonhouse
Is the game with Weyer as white, the english, is that still in book, where black gives away the pawn like that? What does black gain with that move? Won't white be up a pawn forever now? Just on the surface it looks like white gets the pawn plus a tempo because the black knight is under attack so that has to be responded to, like maybe withdrawing the bisho ...[text shortened]... opening in the English even in transposition. There are no Q-b3 moves anywhere on that page.
thats not in book, I search the data bases and found no games with nc6

z

Moves
01 Nov 06

Originally posted by sonhouse
Is the game with Weyer as white, the english, is that still in book, where black gives away the pawn like that? What does black gain with that move? Won't white be up a pawn forever now? Just on the surface it looks like white gets the pawn plus a tempo because the black knight is under attack so that has to be responded to, like maybe withdrawing the bisho ...[text shortened]... opening in the English even in transposition. There are no Q-b3 moves anywhere on that page.
I don't want to comment too much on a game in progress, but it is similar to some positions in one of my english books that the auther claims many famous players have avoid winning the b-pawn because of the potential complications. It's not quite the same position, but it has many of the same elements.

H
Renouned Grob Killer

Moves
01 Nov 06
1 edit

Basically, what black gets, is he gets 2 moves as the queen has to capture, than move back, (in chess 3 moves is equivalent to one pawn in open positions), plus he gets an open file. Both of those elements, creates imbalances, and dynamic play insues. Its talked about alot in Jeremy Silmans HTRYC and The Amateurs Mind

H
Renouned Grob Killer

Moves
20 Apr 07

Getting interesting, GO WEYERSTRASS!

L
5. f3

Moves
21 Apr 07

Go akizy

H
Renouned Grob Killer

Moves
22 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Lolette
Go akizy
BOOOO!

Weyer will be victorious!

Weyer cannot be defeated!

FL

over there

Moves
22 Apr 07

Originally posted by Lolette
Go akizy
Word.

k

Moves
14 Jul 07
1 edit

the first match ended a draw...and the other match, there's no doubt that weyerstrass will win it!!!

J

back in business

Moves
14 Jul 07

how utterly interesting.

R
The Rams

Moves
14 Jul 07

Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
Sorry if this has been posted. Go Weyerstrass!
I actually believe Weyerstrass had they advantage over Akizy. It seems to me that Weyerstrass plays on a semi-professional level, therefore having a different view and experience than Akizy. I'm not suprised if it ends up 1.5-0

d
happy

home

Moves
14 Jul 07

Originally posted by Ramned
I actually believe Weyerstrass had they advantage over Akizy. It seems to me that Weyerstrass plays on a semi-professional level, therefore having a different view and experience than Akizy. I'm not suprised if it ends up 1.5-0
or even 2,5 - 3/4 😵

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
14 Jul 07

I was so convinced both games would draw... that's incredible.

E

Moves
15 Jul 07

something just looks suspicious to me, it seems like the difference between every single game that they play is decided by a pawn. Somethings not right...

Y
Renaissance

OnceInALifetime

Moves
15 Jul 07
2 edits

Curious games. This one is finished.

Game 2423887

39. Ne4 is equivalent to a draw offer.

From move 39, I'm curious if white can facilitate movement of the e pawn and/or bring the King over to the Qside and threaten the b-pawn.

39. Kf4 is compelled if white is to make progress (i.e. g5 Rh4 cuts off the King). And if 39. e4 h5 gh gh; if Kf4 Rh3 allowing a trade of R's after Re3 h4.

Analysis after 39.Kf4 would be very interesting.