1. Joined
    01 Nov '09
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 02:51
    I Use the King's Gambit because its pretty versatile (in my opinion), to be honest it is probably the one I hate going up against the most too, not sure why that is thoug
    :/
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 06:04
    kings gambit is 1e4, e5 2. f4?

that's the reason i never play e5 to 1.e4, never know what to do.
  3. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 06:31
    try 2. d6 and if Nf3, you take the pawn. a good transposition

I love the bird, Since I hate fighting my own opening, I play the caro-kann and I find it very solid. as the pirc is less solid for me.

I also play the Dutch and the English ....

If I could give a gambit prize, I would name the halloween gambit, which is not still fully sound. It should take some time, but whne one will prouve it to be sound, people will stop the four knights.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 07:00
    i like the bird because it usually ends up in a reckless king-side pawn serge.
  5. Standard memberAlzheimer
    A brain like a sieve
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 08:29
    I usually play sicilian or Philidor with black.

Come up against the Kings gambit here quite a few times, but I am not scared of it if you know what to do!!!😉

With white I usually open the game with 1.d4
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 09:53
    As white I'll play anything. As black normally the Sicilian after 1. e4, the Dutch after 1. d4, the symmetric English, and after 1. f4 I'll play d5, g6, Bg7 etc. I dislike playing against the Nimzo-Indian.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 10:01
    against 1.d4 the Slav, against 1.e4 Sicilian, against 1.c4 symmetrical, as white the pawn automatically resides on e4 and black may choose his weapon, against caro kann exchange variation, against e5 bishops opening, against Sicilian, depends how i feeling but i like to try anti Sicilian Bb5 or maybe English attack in Najdorf, against French Nc3 variations, against Modern so called 150 attack, against all others i try to develop sensibly.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 10:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    against 1.d4 the Slav, against 1.e4 Sicilian, against 1.c4 symmetrical, as white the pawn automatically resides on e4 and black may choose his weapon, against caro kann exchange variation, against e5 bishops opening, against Sicilian, depends how i feeling but i like to try anti Sicilian Bb5 or maybe English attack in Najdorf, against French Nc3 variations, against Modern so called 150 attack, against all others i try to develop sensibly.
    i'd take you out of your book and crush you 😛
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 10:09
    Originally posted by trev33
    i'd take you out of your book and crush you 😛
    book smook! , i got my own original ideas that as yet are unwritten in chess folklore, you shall be crushed as a paper cup under a mighty bulldozer! i cant believe a guy like you likes the birds opening trev 😉 btw i suggest the undertones teenage kicks as the new national anthem for Northern Ireland, heard snow patrol cover it the other day, did an awesome job!
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 10:16
    book smook! , i got my own original ideas that as yet are unwritten in chess folklore, you shall be crushed as a paper cup under a mighty bulldozer! i cant believe a guy like you likes the birds opening trev 😉 btw i suggest the undertones teenage kicks as the new national anthem for Northern Ireland, heard snow patrol cover it the other day, did an awesome job!
    we do need a new national anthem, isn't snow patrol made up of more scotsmen than irishmen though? pretty sure everyone but the lead singer are from dundee.

why is your opponents average so low?
  11. Aberdeen, Scotland
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 10:49
    No, Snow Patrol are all from NI. They formed in Dundee, being students there, and subsequently moved to Glasgow, but they're all from the province. See their Wikipedia article and go to the first reference.

Do I win the "how far can we wander off topic" prize?
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 11:02
    Originally posted by rja211077
    No, Snow Patrol are all from NI. They formed in Dundee, being students there, and subsequently moved to Glasgow, but they're all from the province. See their Wikipedia article and go to the first reference.

Do I win the "how far can we wander off topic" prize?
    "Snow Patrol are a Northern Irish[1] alternative rock band, with members from Northern Ireland and Scotland."

wiki.

meh, scotland can have them.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 11:06
    i cant believe a guy like you likes the birds opening trev 😉
    jesus i'm slow today, just got what you meant there 😵
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 17:371 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    we do need a new national anthem, isn't snow patrol made up of more scotsmen than irishmen though? pretty sure everyone but the lead singer are from dundee.

why is your opponents average so low?
    i have friends that i play all the time, one from Germany, Andreas, we have played ever since i joined, one from Australia, Bindi, shes gorgeous and awesome, two from America, Gavelstone my spiritual guru and just lucky a beermaker, and my legal friend Scriabin whom I admire greatly. i really only tend to play my friends, when i win, i get one point, when I lose, i lose about twenty! but saying that i am playing someone rated 1900+, Dave from Sacramento. i managed to draw with him, and now in the second game I have a fairly banal position.
  15. Joined
    16 Oct '09
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 18:13
    Originally posted by AudreyxSophie
    try 2. d6 and if Nf3, you take the pawn. a good transposition

I love the bird, Since I hate fighting my own opening, I play the caro-kann and I find it very solid. as the pirc is less solid for me.

I also play the Dutch and the English ....

If I could give a gambit prize, I would name the halloween gambit, which is not still fully sound. It ...[text shortened]... ould take some time, but whne one will prouve it to be sound, people will stop the four knights.
    It's a super fun gambit, but it will never be sound. Many lines for black keeps an advantage or equalizes easily. However, OTB it can be a good surprise weapon if your opponent doesn't know the lines.

and I think the gambit prize goes to Queen's gambit 😉

As for me, I'm not gonna tell my openings 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree