What Went Wrong?

What Went Wrong?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C

Back Home.

Moves
19 Mar 06

Excluding the very beginning, where did i go wrong? The game ID is 1905423 please help me

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
19 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by CrUiZeR
Excluding the very beginning, where did i go wrong? The game ID is 1905423 please help me
Game 1905423

Moving your queen and losing it so early. I stopped after that.

This will help you:

http://www.princeton.edu/~jedwards/cif/intro.html

S

Moves
19 Mar 06

Black -- You made so many errors it would be easier to point out what you got right....

TokerSmurf

Bonnie Scotland

Moves
19 Mar 06
2 edits

Excluding the very beginning, where did i go wrong? The game ID is Game 1905423 please help me
before we start i should let you know that im only rated 1377, so its not like im a GM or anything but i can point out the obvious ones as i see them.

OK excluding the very beginning where im sure you understand the blunder which cost you your queen. NOTE: Try not to move your queen until you have other pieces developed, moving it out so early will either lose it early or allow your opponent to push it about the board whilst developing thier own pieces.

8b - c5 : This is really bad as you have just blocked your bishop in and can no longer move it without losing it (white just had to make c3 and you have lost it for a pawn)

18b - Bc8e6 : not only leaves the king/rook fork open but actually encourages it as you have just forced him to move the knight and he will look for the best place to put it

23b - Bb4c3 : no idea what the thinking behind this was but handing a bishop away is never a good, especially when it will cause you to end up with double pawns on the c file and leaves no defense between your king and your opponents queen other than your opponents bishop - once he moves the bishop your in check so if he takes something with the bishop, its a free piece.

25b - Rh8xh7 : complete blunder even without what i said about 23b but made
FAR worse because of 23b

26b - Nc6d4 : dropped another piece for free, would have been better to move the king

By this point the game was dead and you should have resigned, there were no more good moves left and you continued to hand out free pieces while he just sat and played with you like a cat with an injured mouse.

sorry to be so blunt in my analysis but i think youll find it nicer than some of the replies you might get

L

Moves
20 Mar 06

Originally posted by MCA
before we start i should let you know that im only rated 1377, so its not like im a GM or anything but i can point out the obvious ones as i see them.

OK excluding the very beginning where im sure you understand the blunder which cost you your queen. NOTE: Try not to move your queen until you have other pieces developed, moving it out so early will either los ...[text shortened]... e so blunt in my analysis but i think youll find it nicer than some of the replies you might get
The reason he made the bishop move, 23b - Bb4c3, was because he was trying to capture the rook. He must have forgotten the pawn in his haste.

C

Back Home.

Moves
20 Mar 06

that is what i was thinking

C

Back Home.

Moves
20 Mar 06

here is what my plan was for these moves:
8b- so i didn't lose my bishop leaving me even more open during the match
18b- to try and force his knight back, i didn't see that possible fork.
23b- capture his rook, thought he'd move it. forot about that pawn,
25b looking for a threatening move completely forgot about protcting that knight
26b- this is where i thought i could win in two moves, if.. 27w Bxa2 didn't happen i could've made this move...27b Ra2a8 and that would be checkmate.
+ we also are friends at work and he talked to me over messenger and rushed me through the game, that's why I lost the Queen early. If you have any more problems with my moves please tell me.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
20 Mar 06
2 edits

+ we also are friends at work and he talked to me over messenger and rushed me through the game, that's why I lost the Queen early. If you have any more problems with my moves please tell me.
You lost your queen because you have yet to learn certain elementary opening principles. Follow the recommended link and study these principles. Distractions will come and go, but your incompetence can be cured.

You gave away your queen on move 3, and gave away a rook on move 9. Your game continued because your opponent did not take the rook: 10.axb6 followed by 11.Bxa8.

C

Back Home.

Moves
23 Mar 06

i am not an elementary player, I know basically all the chess moves, even a very rare 2 move checkmate

o

Moves
23 Mar 06
1 edit

i am not an elementary player, I know basically all the chess moves, even a very rare 2 move checkmate
It's okay to be an elementary player. Judging by that game you are very much so, but everyone was at one time so don't be defensive, just study hard and you will get better quickly. Also, there is a lot more to learn besides knowing all the chess moves (and there is no 2 move checkmate). Good luck to you, if you want to play a game challenge me and after we are done I would be happy to point out some of your mistakes.

S

Moves
23 Mar 06

That Made me Laugh.....If only I could bottle Arrogance and Sell it...

You Know a 2 move checkmate and how to move the Horsie?

Well you Sure Impress me...

But anyway - here's my advice: - Change the Attittude and accept that you suck (if that game is anything to go by)

Once you have eaten your humble Pie then you will be wise enough to take the advice given here and consider yourself an "elementry player"...

S

Moves
23 Mar 06

Originally posted by o0obruceleeo0o
(and there is no 2 move checkmate)
Actually there is a 2 move checkmate....A.k.a "fools mate"

I.e

1.f4 e5 2. g4 Qh4#

I assume you Know that...but have just got confused thinking of 2 "ply" rather than 2 moves....

*1 'Ply' is 1 HALF-MOVE

M

At Diamond Joe's

Moves
23 Mar 06

Right after you lost the queen you took back with a pawn...
Those 3 pawns are the "roof" of your "House" that the kind hides under. You should have taken the bishop with your knight, leaving the pawns intact and developing a piece at the same time. Look for moves that do 2 things or more at once in the opening.

On move 12 you could have won your opponents bishop by moving the c pawn one up against the Bishop.

Logical chess move by move (every move explained) by Chernev...
Best begginer book evah!

C

Back Home.

Moves
23 Mar 06

listen here, I'm not an elementary player, outside of RHP, I have (all the people I play are the best in my area) won 16 and Lost 4 and been stalemated 1. u just watch me rise

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
23 Mar 06

listen here, I'm not an elementary player, outside of RHP, I have (all the people I play are the best in my area) won 16 and Lost 4 and been stalemated 1. u just watch me rise
How do you explain losing your queen on move 3 was it?

In your own words please.