Where did he go....?

Where did he go....?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e4

Joined
06 May 08
Moves
42492
08 Dec 13

It's our old friend Boris Ivanov again.

Here is he on board one in round 6 of a Spanish Tournament up there
with the leaders after stomping on his usal cluster of GM's.

http://chess-results.com/tnr118189.aspx?lan=1&art=2&rd=6&flag=30&wi=821

Come round 7 he's gone!!!

http://chess-results.com/tnr118189.aspx?lan=1&art=2&rd=7&flag=30&wi=821

You will find him all alone way down on board 44 'not paired'.

Apparently he was searched before round 7 and they found 'something'
taped to his chest so threw him out of the tournament.

e

Joined
03 Aug 12
Moves
7636
08 Dec 13

Hi GP.

Read up a little on this guy. Does the thinking behind what he is alleged to be be doing assume he as an accomplis with a engine communicating moves to him?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Joined
27 Oct 04
Moves
87415
08 Dec 13

Originally posted by eltricky
Hi GP.

Read up a little on this guy. Does the thinking behind what he is alleged to be be doing assume he as an accomplis with a engine communicating moves to him?
yes

S
Caninus Interruptus

2014.05.01

Joined
11 Apr 07
Moves
92274
08 Dec 13

Originally posted by greenpawn34
It's our old friend Boris Ivanov again.

Here is he on board one in round 6 of a Spanish Tournament up there
with the leaders after stomping on his usal cluster of GM's.

http://chess-results.com/tnr118189.aspx?lan=1&art=2&rd=6&flag=30&wi=821

Come round 7 he's gone!!!

http://chess-results.com/tnr118189.aspx?lan=1&art=2&rd=7&flag=30&wi=821

...[text shortened]... efore round 7 and they found 'something'
taped to his chest so threw him out of the tournament.
Serves them right for letting him play.

e4

Joined
06 May 08
Moves
42492
08 Dec 13

More details are coming to light.

It was the shoes. (again).
For the second time he refused to allow his shoes to be examined and
for the second time was disqualified from a tournament.

The bit about something being taped to chest appears to be a mis-translation
from Spanish into English.
They perhaps mentioned he had been stripped looking for a device
stapped to his chest. Who ever translated took it as so.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Joined
25 Apr 06
Moves
33101
08 Dec 13

I think he's self-sufficient. Not relying on someone else. Just technology in his shoes.

h
peacedog's keeper

Joined
15 Jan 11
Moves
13975
08 Dec 13

Originally posted by greenpawn34
More details are coming to light.

It was the shoes. (again).
For the second time he refused to allow his shoes to be examined and
for the second time was disqualified from a tournament.

My god! He's not wearing the same pair of smelly socks is he? I thought they would have disintegrated by now. 😲

h
peacedog's keeper

Joined
15 Jan 11
Moves
13975
08 Dec 13

Given that these tourneys he's entering have prize money, isn't he breaking the law? Can he not be charged with fraud or something by the authorities?

Mister Why

San Carlos, CA

Joined
21 Feb 12
Moves
6039
08 Dec 13

Is it against the LAW to cheat in professional sports? I've never heard of anything like that. Was Lance Armstrong criminally charged anywhere?

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Joined
09 Dec 01
Moves
71614
08 Dec 13

I heard he got his entry fee back. Hope that's not correct.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Joined
25 Apr 06
Moves
33101
09 Dec 13

Technically I don't think he's been caught cheating. Just refused to hand over his shoes. Although now everyone thinks there's a reason he won't hand over his shoes.

perth WA

Joined
22 Aug 05
Moves
41577
09 Dec 13

Originally posted by thaughbaer
Technically I don't think he's been caught cheating. Just refused to hand over his shoes. Although now everyone thinks there's a reason he won't hand over his shoes.
Perhaps he was scared of `DE FEAT `.......... ha ha ha

M

Joined
21 Jan 11
Moves
2382
09 Dec 13
1 edit

I don't know the whole story, but if he's refusing to co-operate with tournament/ chess officials when accused of cheating, that's as good as cheating in my book, and should be treated as such, with the appropriate punishments, etc.

Joined
10 Dec 11
Moves
143494
09 Dec 13

It's time to invent the word for a new mania (*obsession) - a compulsive need to cheat with engines.

I sugest--->

ludusipsumomania .

M

Joined
21 Jan 11
Moves
2382
09 Dec 13

Originally posted by vandervelde
It's time to invent the word for a new mania (*obsession) - a compulsive need to cheat with engines.

I sugest--->

[b]ludusipsumomania
.[/b]
I think there's already a variety of words, but you would have to asterix out most of the letters to mention them here 😉