1. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '13 11:591 edit
    Originally posted by Murchu
    I think there's already a variety of words, but you would have to asterix out most of the letters to mention them here 😉
    I just used an old Latin-SC dictionary and googled out "mania" for ending.
    😉
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    09 Dec '13 15:491 edit
    Originally posted by byedidia
    Is it against the LAW to cheat in professional sports? I've never heard of anything like that. Was Lance Armstrong criminally charged anywhere?
    The offence they could charge people with in English law is "Obtaining Goods or Money under False Pretences", Spain probably has a similar law against petty frauds. The police probably wouldn't be involved unless it's a big betting scam or if the chess authorities made a complaint.
  3. Planet Earth , Mwy
    Moves
    09 Dec '13 16:20
    As with everyone else he should have been made to toe the line and not be such a heel. The sole reason for not allowing inspection of shoe interiors is because something was afoot? All we can really say now is 'cobblers!'
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 Dec '13 17:36
    I think the tourney organizer should covertly hire some thugs to steal Ivanov's shoes. Then blame it on "chess hooligans".
  5. Joined
    12 Jun '13
    Moves
    09 Dec '13 17:36
    Originally posted by RECUVIC
    As with everyone else he should have been made to toe the line and not be such a heel. The sole reason for not allowing inspection of shoe interiors is because something was afoot? All we can really say now is 'cobblers!'
    According to the report on chess.com, he had his shoes removed/checked at round 4.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 Dec '13 18:00
    Originally posted by SMesq
    According to the report on chess.com, he had his shoes removed/checked at round 4.
    What took them so long? 😕
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    09 Dec '13 18:13
    http://www.sportal.bg/news.php?news=461952
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '13 18:521 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    http://www.sportal.bg/news.php?news=461952
    translation is hilarious,

Controversial chess Borislav Ivanov was subjected to humiliation new international tournaments in Italy and Spain in the last 10 days. Bulgarians filed a request for participation in the race in Milan in early December and received approval from the owner. When he arrived on the spot , however, pointed to the door without explanation , but at least reimburse travel expenses , write "7 Days Sport" . Ivanov, who is fighting for points to cover the Grandmaster norm traveled to Spain to play in a big tournament municipality Navalmoral de la Mata , Province of Caceres (5-8 December). Bob is the leader after the first 5 rounds by recording 4 wins and 1 draw , when before the next organizers him removed from the room and make him undress . Ivanov remains briefs , but that was not enough of the Spaniards and they asked him to remove them and that Bulgarians refused to do and subsequent disqualification. Chess player gets us back the fee for participation - € 40 and € 50 more compensation. Unofficially, the organizers revealed that they are under tremendous external pressure and therefore can not remain in the tournament. The explanations are not sufficient Ivanov and he intends to sue the bosses of both races for lost profits, especially since he was going to win the second race. He wants compensation for the humiliating attitude towards him
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    09 Dec '13 20:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    translation is hilarious,

Controversial chess Borislav Ivanov was subjected to humiliation new international tournaments in Italy and Spain in the last 10 days. Bulgarians filed a request for participation in the race in Milan in early December and received approval from the owner. When he arrived on the spot , however, pointed to the door withou ...[text shortened]... was going to win the second race. He wants compensation for the humiliating attitude towards him
    Here's another story. Ivanov posted both of these stories on his FB timeline. 😕

http://focus-news.net/news/2013/12/08/1857749/balgarskiyat-shahmatist-borislav-ivanov-otnovo-ne-be-dopusnat-da-uchastva-v-dva-mezhdunarodni-turnira.html
  10. Joined
    04 Nov '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '13 21:10
    In fairness if someone accused me of cheating I would refuse to let them inspect my feet.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    10 Dec '13 00:141 edit
    Originally posted by Habeascorp
    In fairness if someone accused me of cheating I would refuse to let them inspect my feet.
    Do you walk with a limp? Do you have shoes with super-fat heels? 😛
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    10 Dec '13 01:42
    Originally posted by Habeascorp
    If someONE, sure; but this fellow has a Lance Armstrong level of reputation right. If the whole world thought I was a cheat, then letting people check my shoes just to clear my name is no big thing. Unless I was cheating via footwear.
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '13 02:06
    Kingscrusher's youtube analysis - what do you think ?

YouTube&app=desktop
  14. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    10 Dec '13 09:39
    Alright, let's put an end to this madness. RJHinds: Remove your shoes.
  15. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    10 Dec '13 09:40
    Oops...sorry. I get them confused.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree