1. Joined
    16 Oct '09
    Moves
    14 Nov '09 20:42
    Originally posted by wormwood
    then he went back to sipping his candy colored drink from a coconut with a pink umbrella on a paradise beach under a palm tree. smelling of roses. while kasparov was moving his family out of russia because of thinly veiled threats from the dictator. knee-deep in radioactive snow, while keeping the wolves away with one hand and drinking vodka from a bloody bear skull in his other hand.

🙂
    While Fedor Emelianenko is trying to submit him.

Ok you win
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '09 20:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i think it helps a chess player to be paranoid, cause basically, everybody is out to get you!
    Kramnik is no paranoid and he beats everyone.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '09 23:241 edit
    Originally posted by philidor position
    Kramnik is no paranoid and he beats everyone.
    ah Vladimir your hero! how i would love to see him play 1.e4, he does know how to play attacking chess doesn't he?😛
  4. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '09 04:36
    Originally posted by revan1
    My favorite is probably Tal, but who doesn't love Tal? Fischer is probably my second favorite but I'm American so I Kind of feel obligated to have him in my fav's XD

I like Tal because he made the game fun, don't get me wrong chess has always been fun, but when you get people like Fischer who are a little robotic in their play Tal really lightens it up (imo)
    Who is my favorite chess player?
    Me 😀
  5. Joined
    26 Oct '09
    Moves
    15 Nov '09 09:52
    Jose Raul Capablanca gets my vote!

~ChessNetwork~
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ChessNetwork[/url]
  6. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    15 Nov '09 17:30
    Any player capable of taking a Championship away from Moscow is memorable to me.
    Not due any prejudice against Russia, but simply because, its a feat which is difficult to
    perform. Anand has to be one of my favorites, alongside the aforementioned Rubenstein.

Bringing a WC to India is something to be proud of for Anand, as a player, his style must
    be respected. As a player his achievements are lofty, and when you watch his games
    you can understand why they're so lofty. He is always very deep, and very incredible
    at the board.

-GIN
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '09 19:013 edits
    Originally posted by Nowakowski
    Any player capable of taking a Championship away from Moscow is memorable to me.
    Not due any prejudice against Russia, but simply because, its a feat which is difficult to
    perform. Anand has to be one of my favorites, alongside the aforementioned Rubenstein.

Bringing a WC to India is something to be proud of for Anand, as a player, his style must
    b ...[text shortened]... stand why they're so lofty. He is always very deep, and very incredible
    at the board.

-GIN
    Being a Kramnik fan, I was really sorry when he lost the WC game, but when I read a comment on chessgames by someone who noted that he would be sorry if Anand would go down the history of the game without having the classical WC title, I realized I would be really sorry too. I know he had won the title in two different formats before, but this last one was what mattered most in my opinion.

It's really great that a very decent human being like him holds the title now, instead of Topalov or some other variation of Fischer.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '09 23:221 edit
    Being a Kramnik fan, I was really sorry when he lost the WC game, but when I read a comment on chessgames by someone who noted that he would be sorry if Anand would go down the history of the game without having the classical WC title, I realized I would be really sorry too. I know he had won the title in two different formats before, but this last uman being like him holds the title now, instead of Topalov or some other variation of Fischer.
    whats wrong with Topalov, oh, its Vladimir incontinence problem, oh i get it. On a more serious note, actually i think that Vladimir serves as a good example of playing chess that you are comfortable with, using openings that you know and understand. He did try to play e4 for a period as far as i am aware, but gave up, simply because it did not suit his style, this is indeed quite insightful, for many times we hear that we should try to concentrate on those areas that we are weak in, when why not try to accentuate those areas that we are strong in?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 00:13
    whats wrong with Topalov,
    seriously?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 00:27
    seriously?
    ummm, that was not my main point, but yes, what's wrong with him? is he extreme, perhaps stuck up? arrogant, doesn't like people going to the toilet? wears kinky boots?
  11. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 02:14
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    Who is my favorite chess player?
    Me 😀
    My second favorite player is Robbie C. 😀
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 02:20
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    My second favorite player is Robbie C. 😀
    lol, Robbie C sometimes can play chess, most of the time its worthless rubbish!
  13. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 12:31
    lol, Robbie C sometimes can play chess, most of the time its worthless rubbish!
    Not when you're playing games against me! 😠

😉
  14. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '09 01:15
    seriously?
    Topalov is a great guy. He is one of my FB friends.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree