1. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 May '08 08:11
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Why would you think ....e6 is weak?
    Just the fact that he is calling it e6 instead of the French defense shows he knows nothing about it. It's easy to criticize what one doesn't understand.
  2. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    02 May '08 08:201 edit
    Originally posted by exigentsky
    Just the fact that he is calling it e6 instead of the French defense shows he knows nothing about it. It's easy to criticize what one doesn't understand.
    I figured it was a very discreet cheating accusation.
  3. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    02 May '08 08:231 edit
    Not too fast there. 1.d4 e6 is not French. He has played e6 as black against both 1.e4 and 1.d4. How would you call that? I'd call it 1. ... e6.

edit. but I wouldn't call either 'weak' openings.
  4. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    02 May '08 08:482 edits
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    Not too fast there. 1.d4 e6 is not French. He has played e6 as black against both 1.e4 and 1.d4. How would you call that? I'd call it 1. ... e6.

Even 1. e4 .. e6 may not be a French as it could transpose into something else although I imagine most of us would regard it as a French until or unless it transposed.

1. ... e6 is certainly not a weak response to 1. e4, although I never play it but it gives a solid black defence that can be difficult to break down. Some of us would say that black is giving up the fight too early and that only 1. ... e5 or 1. ... c5 are the only aggressive winning tries but that is probably grossly unfair to all those strong French players out there.

1. d4 .. e6 is somewhat unusual although my response would probably be 2. e4 transposing to a French but 2. c4 ... Nf6 transposing to an Indian defence would also be a fairly normal response. Therefore I expect to be back in a more "normal" line after move 2.

I don't think calling 1. ... e6 anything or nothing indicates anything about the player involved nor does having a p1900 rating indicate anything other than that we have a reasonably strong club player (although who knows it could be a GM).

Another simple point but I assume that not everyone everywhere will call a French, the French as I assume as in so many things people in some countries call openings by different names (perhaps the French call 1. e4 .. e6 the English and 1. c4 the French 😉)

Mind you User 435454 has been banned but we no longer know if thats for cheating, harrassment or multiple accounts as the "banned player" list has gone.
  5. The sky
    Moves
    02 May '08 09:05
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Mind you User 435454 has been banned but we no longer know if thats for cheating, harrassment or multiple accounts as the "banned player" list has gone.
    I wonder if it was User 299307.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 May '08 09:14
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Who's the idiot mod who deleted my thread?
    I woldn't call the mods idiots, not even one of them.

By making them enemies to you, they will become your enemies.
  7. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    02 May '08 09:292 edits
    (1) Originally posted by Nordlys

(2) Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Who's the idiot mod who deleted my thread?
    (1) Possibly! Similar sort of attitude although I never got a chance to see the posts. Certainly gone PDQ.

(2) None of the mods are idiots. I have a good relationship with most of them so can conclusively state this. If you cultivate a decent relationship with them you will find on your forum posts anyway that if you word things badly and say what you don't really intend (it just comes across wrong) that you are given the benefit of the doubt and have an opportunity to correct things. Of course deliberately antagonistic and insulting posts do not fall into this category as there is no doubt on intentions.
  8. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    02 May '08 09:47
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Awww I remember MerchantParkPro.....he still hasnt shown up for that game *sob*
  9. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 May '08 09:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    02 May '08 09:59
    I first thought it might've been arrakis, after chessbully had sent eight silly pms to me (and by silly I mean arrogant and ignorant), but with this thread I also started thinking it might be MPP. arrakis needed some pushing to lose control, but this one needed no push. he was way gone the second he logged in. what a pathetic loser.

judging by my pms with him, I'd put my money on 3c though.
  11. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    02 May '08 10:142 edits
    Have read some of his "nice" dialogs with other RHP members. Also checked out his identity and blog. Good evidence that chess skill does not guarantee intelligence.

And seems like that he was also ChessBully911. I wont miss him 😛
  12. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 May '08 10:271 edit
    Originally posted by Mephisto2

Ah, I assumed it was against e4. If it's against d4, it's still not a weak move. The worst that can happen is that White transposes into a French so you have to know that too. Probably someone who plays 1. ...e6 against d4 doesn't mind.

BTW: Yes, it was a cheating accusation and not too subtle even. But, this is not something to be discussed here.
  13. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 May '08 10:361 edit
    Originally posted by Korch
    Have read some of his "nice" dialogs with other RHP members. Also checked out his identity and blog. Good evidence that chess skill does not guarantee intelligence.

And seems like that he was also ChessBully911. I wont miss him 😛
    Yeah, but there's no skill that guarantees intelligence. The definition of intelligence is too culturally dependent and too vast for that. But hey, compare these forums to myspace.com or youtube.com comments! It already tells me something... 😛
  14. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    02 May '08 18:59
    Yeah, but there's no skill that guarantees intelligence. The definition of intelligence is too culturally dependent and too vast for that. But hey, compare these forums to myspace.com or youtube.com comments! It already tells me something... 😛
    Uh huh.
  15. Behind the computer.
    Moves
    03 May '08 03:38
    Originally posted by wormwood
    I first thought it might've been arrakis, after chessbully had sent eight silly pms to me (and by silly I mean arrogant and ignorant), but with this thread I also started thinking it might be MPP. arrakis needed some pushing to lose control, but this one needed no push. he was way gone the second he logged in. what a pathetic loser.

judging by my pms with him, I'd put my money on 3c though.
    Arrakis was banned?! What for!?!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree