1. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 19:271 edit
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Is this a confession?
    I'm from Britain! 😀

And the half welsh side of me resents being called English.

The english side of me is hiding in embarassement.
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 19:28

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 19:29
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    😳
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 19:39
    Originally posted by Diet Coke

[b]Eng
    ineuserland!😲[/b]
    Using Secret Analysis help
  5. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 19:43
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    [b]Using Secret Analysis help[/b]
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Is no land safe?:'(
  6. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 20:372 edits
    This is ridiculous. Seems to be some Americans :'(

It'd be an ultimate ideal if you could ban..but make it to where these fools can't return as a multiple account.

It's so geeky to spend 80$ on an engine, and sit in front of the computer (especially all day 😕) enter a move, then use it...such a loser!

good thing I am only 1500 so I don't worry as much.
  7. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 20:54
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    User 33051 has just gone! He was a member since February 2003 and played more than 500 games....

Don't know the fellow and never played him but it makes me wonder! Are there any people out there?
    Is this a shock? Yes A surprise? No .... There is one top player who said in a forum post that he uses a computer to "check for blunders". I don't know why he was left while Ana F was kicked out for using a computer to "check if the opponent was cheating".

Till people fulfil some of the below they will always be suspect :-

- post in the chess forum not debates/make jokes
    - play OTB/elsewhere recognised online

Whilst it is understandable that people playing here would want some anonymity e.g. if they are strong OTB players, online chess allows one to have some kind of a "record" but still preserve your anonymity. The kind of boasts/excuses made here are simply pathetic.
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 21:47
    Is there a 3(b) epidemic ? or
    Are the administrators doing better their job lately ?
  9. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 21:50
    A lot of the higher rated banned players don't ever post in the chess forums. There could well be legitimate reasons for this.
    However, I've noticed one or two that have posted rather strange comments that aren't consistent with their ratings - ie they comment on their or other people's game with a lack of clarity or depth. This is hardly proof though.

It's easy to write notes on your own games as I have in my Morra thread. I think it helps novices to hear intermediate players post notes in plain English, especially when after the game you realise you have made a mistake or played an inferior move or line.

Anyone who plays high volume moves at the higher levels (ie ELO 2000+) must surely be checked. That means the top 100 players or so.
    I suppose it just depends how many Mods there are on RHP.
  10. Joined
    30 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 22:282 edits
    Originally posted by z00t
    There is one top player who said in a forum post that he uses a computer to "check for blunders". I don't know why he was left while Ana F was kicked out for using a computer to "check if the opponent was cheating".
    Are you talking about Akizy? I know he once had in his profile that he used a weak engine to check for blunders, but this was years ago, before my time, and I think before the RHP administration started banning players for engine use. By all accounts he stopped...or else he would probably be gone by now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree