1. USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 16:11
    Originally posted by arrakis
    I just received my dvd from Foxy Openings called, [b]Annoying d-Pawn Openings Kinda has a nice ring to it. 😡

I'm gonna memorize every move in this video and I'll be ready for you... all of you annoying d-pawn players. 😏

What do you use against annoying d-pawn players?[/b]
    I am one of those annoying d-pawn players! πŸ˜‰. Anyway, Nf6 works fine for me... I don't find d pawn players annoying since I am one of themπŸ˜€
  2. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 16:47
    Originally posted by wormwood
    I've been wondering why people think d4 is a boring opening. just pile the forces behind the center, sac, and ka-boom! I think it's more about how you play it than what you play.

I've been playing exclusively d4 recently, and tactics are my strongest point by far. I look at d4 more as unstoppable power than playing it safe. e4 gives you a s ...[text shortened]... gantic killer that demolishes everything with its momentum.

I'm more of a big wave guy.
    So you like to diversify your money and look for small gains. I'd also bet that your wife and you never argue - certainly not in front of anyone. πŸ˜‰
    Am I right?
  3. Standard membermipmcpt
    manchester clan
    manchester
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 16:48
    Would you recomend any of those foxy dvds? As there is quite a selection of them!
  4. Stockholm, Sweden
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 16:58
    I've been wondering why people think d4 is a boring opening. just pile the forces behind the center, sac, and ka-boom! I think it's more about how you play it than what you play.

I've been playing exclusively d4 recently, and tactics are my strongest point by far. I look at d4 more as unstoppable power than playing it safe. e4 gives you a s ...[text shortened]... gantic killer that demolishes everything with its momentum.

I'm more of a big wave guy.
    Agreed. A slow build-up "crusher" can be as exciting as a dragon or whatever.
  5. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 16:59
    Originally posted by mipmcpt
    Would you recomend any of those foxy dvds? As there is quite a selection of them!
    I bought 12 of them on top of the 30+ I already had. Just got the 12 yesterday though so I can't say much about how good they are. I can say though that if you were going to buy just one or two I'd recommend buying them about specific lines of play that interest you.

For example, I was interested in the Budapest Gambit a couple years ago so bought a video about it. Funny thing, after watching the video I beat two Experts OTB who couldn't understand where they went wrong. Both of them played right into variations that the GM showed gave Black excellent winning prospects.
  6. London
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 17:08
    How very d4 of you!
    πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

Makes me want to start a collection deeply funny one liners with this at the top of the list!
  7. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 18:301 edit
    Originally posted by arrakis
    So you like to diversify your money and look for small gains. I'd also bet that your wife and you never argue - certainly not in front of anyone. πŸ˜‰
    Am I right?
    I have never really had much interest in money. I don't spend much, but when I buy something I never pay attention to what it costs. if I have the money, and I want it, I get it.

I'm incredibly stubborn and very confrontational. I bang heads a lot, and I'm always right (when I'm like this at 31, I fear what I'll be 50-60 years old..) -meaning a lot of arguing with girlfriends. not fighting, but heated arguments.

I'm the guy who always has to climb into anything unclimbable, and preferably jump head first down. I was doing backflips with a snowboard in the 80's, jumping head first from 10m high bridges into complete darkness in the middle of the night, speeding etc. -so I think I'm more of a risk taker. -but I'm also very precise when I think it's called for. I can't seem to be able to do things in moderation, I always do too much or not at all.

so how does that fit your theory? πŸ™‚
  8. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 18:341 edit
    I have never really had much interest in money. I don't spend much, but when I buy something I never pay attention to what it costs. if I have the money, and I want it, I get it.

I'm incredibly stubborn and very confrontational. I bang heads a lot, and I'm always right (when I'm like this at 31, I fear what I'll be 50-60 years old..) -meaning a [i]lot of deration, I always do too much or not at all.

Is anyone else aroused by that or is it just me?
  9. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 18:40
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    Is anyone else aroused by that or is it just me?
    Just you.

d4 isn't always boring - QGA with e4 seems a bit exciting. But in general d4 players do what they can to avoid tactics, and it really gives you guys a bad name. Because tactics>whatever lame sht you're doing on the chessboard.
  10. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 18:47
    Originally posted by YUG0slav
    awww, cms doesnt enjoy the strategical amusement of positional games???

I've grown to accept, 1. d4 d5 games (though i still meet 1. d4 with Nf6) and don't really mind the lack of overall excitement (of course, as a Dragon player, cms wouldn't understand that...πŸ˜‰)
    I'm sorry, but I enjoy having fun. πŸ˜€
  11. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 18:48
    Originally posted by Golub
    Agreed. A slow build-up "crusher" can be as exciting as a dragon or whatever.
    Ha, I take it you've never played either side of the Yugoslav Attack.
  12. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 18:54
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Ha, I take it you've never played either side of the Yugoslav Attack.
    I have. I played the first 23 moves off a database. 😴 And after that it was all over as a contest. 😴
  13. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 18:55
    Originally posted by Ian68
    I have. I played the first 23 moves off a database. 😴 And after that it was all over as a contest. 😴
    So basically you're saying that you have no real understanding of the Yugoslav Attack and your opinion should count, why?
  14. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 18:59
    I am a risk taker... I guess that why I play 1.e4... I originally started playing it to get better versed in tactics... I have to admit, I like to gamble my money but I never gamble LOTS of money, maybe throw a 20 down on some roulette every now and then... maybe thats why I like to play little pawn gambits? If the position looks right, I might even gambit my queen for some minor pieces! but not usually during rated matches.

Back to the subject. Against 1.d4 I usually play a queens indian starting with 1...Nf3... but I am looking for something new
  15. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 20:07

I'm incredibly stubborn and very confrontational. I bang heads a lot, and I'm always right (when I'm like this at 31, I fear what I'll be 50-60 years old..) -meaning a [i]lot of ...[text shortened]... deration, I always do too much or not at all.

It means that you are a ladies man... but expect her to buy once in awhile. 😡

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree